Windows 10: Announcing General Availability of New Build Editor in Visual Studio

Discus and support Announcing General Availability of New Build Editor in Visual Studio in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today we are excited to announce the general availability of a new build definition editor in Visual Studio Team Services. The new editor is also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Announcing General Availability of New Build Editor in Visual Studio

Source: Announcing General Availability of the New Build Editor | Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management

:)

Brink, May 10, 2017

2. VS 2015 - Disable "PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio are available" prompt

Every time I open a .ps1 file in Visual Studio 2015 it tells me "PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio are available" in an annoying yellow bar that pops up wanting me to install these tools.

I don't want to install these tools, I use a separate editor for PowerShell that I'm quite happy with.

All I'm using Visual Studio for is analyzing changes before checking things into TFS.

How can I make this prompt go away? I'm about to just go back to using Visual Studio 2012.

Thanks,

- FS

FStallings, May 10, 2017
  3. franx_dj Win User
    Clickonce cause Visual Studio hangs on Windows 10

Hi,

Visual Studio 2015 on Windows 10 Enterprise hangs frequently when the project is using Clickonce technology.

There is no apparent causes for the hangs, because the hangs occurs even when Visual Sudio is simply opened, but I'm not working with it.

Other times, the hangs can occurs when I'm digiting on the editor.

When an hangs occurs, simply the visual studio process is not responding and I must kill it and restart.

Often, otherwise, the hangs occurs when launch the debugger: in that cases, the IDE is responsive, bug the builds is still on starting build. If I try to do anything, VS ask if I want to stop the debugger, but, if I click yes, the debugger does not stops.

Even in that cases, I must kill Visual Studio.

I'm using Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise, but the same problems occurs with other versions (VS 2010, VS 2012, VS 2012).

My collegues have same problems with same configuration:

• Visual Studio,
    • Windows 10,
    • projects with Clickonce

With Windwos 8 or previous no problems occurs.

Had anyone same problems?

Thanks,

Francesco

franx_dj, May 10, 2017
Thema:

Announcing General Availability of New Build Editor in Visual Studio

1. Announcing General Availability of New Build Editor in Visual Studio - Similar Threads - Announcing General Availability

2. Visual Studio 2019 version 16.2 Generally Available and 16.3 Preview 1

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2019 version 16.2 Generally Available and 16.3 Preview 1: Today we are making Visual Studio 2019 version 16.2 generally available, as well as Preview 1 of version 16.3. You can download both versions from VisualStudio.com. If you already have Preview installed, you can alternatively click the notification bell from inside Visual...
  3. Announcing general availability of Visual Studio IntelliCode

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing general availability of Visual Studio IntelliCode: We’re excited to announce the general availability of Visual Studio IntelliCode and offer a sneak peek at an up-and-coming feature we think you’ll love! With the release of Visual Studio 2019 Version 16.1, IntelliCode will be included with any workload supporting C#, C++,...
  4. Visual Studio 2019 now generally available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2019 now generally available: Visual Studio 2019 is generally available today and available for download. With Visual Studio 2019, you and your teams will become more productive in building current and future projects as you benefit from the innovation in the IDE that makes every keystroke count. As...
  5. Microsoft announces availability of Visual Studio 2019 Preview 1

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces availability of Visual Studio 2019 Preview 1: Today, in the Microsoft Connect(); 2018 keynote, Scott Guthrie announced the availability of Visual Studio 2019 Preview 1. This is the first preview of the next major version of Visual Studio. In this Preview, we’ve focused on a few key areas, such as making it faster to open...
  6. Microsoft Announces Visual Studio 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Announces Visual Studio 2019: Since we launched Visual Studio 2017 in March of that year, it has become our most popular Visual Studio release ever. Your feedback has helped our team publish seven updates since our initial GA, which have improved solution load performance, build performance, and unit test...
  7. Announcing Azure DNS General Availability

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Azure DNS General Availability: Today, we are excited to announce the General Availability of Azure DNS. As a global service, it is available for use in all public Azure regions. We announced the Public Preview of Azure DNS at the Ignite conference in May of last year. Since then the service has been...
  8. Announcing general availability of Upgrade Readiness

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing general availability of Upgrade Readiness: We are pleased to announce the general availability of Upgrade Readiness, one of the solutions in the suite of solutions called Windows Analytics. Upgrade Readiness helps you plan and manage the Windows upgrade process from beginning to end and enables you adopt new Windows...
  9. Announcing Visual Studio Connected Environment

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Visual Studio Connected Environment: I've been having all kinds of fun lately with Kubernetes, exploring building my own Kubernetes Cluster on the metal, as well as using a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure with AKS. Today at the Connect() conference in NYC I was happy to announce Visual Studio Connected...
  10. Announcing the .NET Framework 4.7 General Availability

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the .NET Framework 4.7 General Availability: Today, we are announcing the general availability of the .NET Framework 4.7. The .NET Framework 4.7 was released as part of Windows 10 Creators Update a month ago. You can now install the .NET Framework 4.7 on other versions of Windows. You can download the .NET Framework...