Windows 10: Change Default Downloads Folder for Nearby Sharing in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Default Downloads Folder for Nearby Sharing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Default Downloads Folder for Nearby Sharing in Windows 10 How to Change Default Downloads Folder for Nearby Sharing in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Default Downloads Folder for Nearby Sharing in Windows 10

How to: Change Default Downloads Folder for Nearby Sharing in Windows 10

How to Change Default Downloads Folder for Nearby Sharing in Windows 10

Microsoft introduced a new Near Share feature starting with Windows 10 build 17035.

Near Share was renamed to Nearby sharing in Windows 10 April 2018 Update version 1803.

Near Share was renamed to Nearby sharing in Windows 10 April 2018 Update version 1803.

Nearby Sharing lets you instantly share your videos, photos, documents, and websites with people and devices near you over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Say youre in a meeting with your boss and need to quickly send them the report or PowerPoint presentation youre looking at on your screen, Nearby Sharing helps you do this quickly and easily. Heres what you can do with Nearby Sharing.

• Share quickly - Send any video, photo, document, or webpage viewed on Microsoft Edge to people nearby by clicking on the share charm in the app or right-clicking to get the share menu. You can share a report with a colleague in your meeting room or a vacation photo with your best friend in the library.3
    • Take the quickest path - Your computer automatically picks the fastest way to share your file or webpage, either over Bluetooth or Wifi.
    • See who’s available - Bluetooth allows you to quickly discover potential devices with which you could share.

Near Share saves files you receive to your %UserProfile\Downloads folder by default.

This tutorial will show you how to change the default downloads folder that Nearby Sharing will save files you receive into for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Nearby Sharing feature in Share UI

Change Default Downloads Folder for Nearby Sharing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Shared experiences on the left side. (see screenshot below step 3)

3. While Nearby sharing is turned on, click/tap on the "Save files I receive to" Change button under Nearby sharing on the right side. (see screenshot below)

4. Navigate to and select the folder you want Nearby sharing to save to by default, and click/tap on Select Folder. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 15, 2016

2. Nearby Sharing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern that you are unable to share the PC Bluetooth nearby sharing.
    I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far.

However we would suggest you to refer the below article and let us know the status of the issue.

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Share things with nearby devices in Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 26, 2019
  3. mlg63 Win User
    New "nearby sharing" feature does not work

I'm having the same problem.

Edit- I found that the defunct Homegroup is still listed in Sharing. It has to be changed to Specific People--Everyone to share files. Not sure this will work for nearby sharing but it is a setting that needs to be changed. Also needing change is the User
    folder. Win 10 does not see the correct user folder to access. It comes up as Default User instead of the real named folder. Then it says the folder is empty. We need help.

mlg63, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Default Downloads Folder for Nearby Sharing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Default Downloads

2. Nearby Share WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nearby Share WIndows 10: I have been trying to share some files between my Android phone and my Win10 PC with no luck. In reading about it, it looks like it is not possible for two reasons. 1 Windows 10 and Android can't connect and use Nearby Share, I could use two windows 10 PCs but not my phone. 2...
  3. Nearby Share WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nearby Share WIndows 10: I have been trying to share some files between my Android phone and my Win10 PC with no luck. In reading about it, it looks like it is not possible for two reasons. 1 Windows 10 and Android can't connect and use Nearby Share, I could use two windows 10 PCs but not my phone. 2...
  4. Nearby Share WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to change default Save Location for Nearby Sharing in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change default Save Location for Nearby Sharing in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]PC users can enable and use Nearby Sharing on their Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer – and if Nearby sharing is not working on your device, you can fix the issue. In this post, we will show you how to change the default Save Location for Nearby Sharing in Windows...
  6. Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing

Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing: Is there a way to share whole folder using Nearby Sharing? Windows Version 1903. Thanks for any help 154022
  7. Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing: Is there a way to share whole folder using Nearby Sharing? Windows Version 1903. Thanks for any help 154022
  8. Sharing a folder using Nearby Sharing

Sharing a folder using Nearby Sharing: Is there a way to share a whole folder using Nearby Sharing? I have Windows 10 version 1903. Thanks for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-a-folder-using-nearby-sharing/4210765e-90a0-4665-907d-8e4a4a16df64
  9. Nearby sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearby sharing: I have a Samsung phone which has nearby sharing too. Is their any way to share files between my laptop and my phone. submitted by /u/xenox9162 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7w26d/nearby_sharing/
  10. Windows 10 nearby sharing

Windows 10 nearby sharing: When attempting to share files between my laptop and desktop always get the message "the comuter you are trying to share with did not respond". I am running windows 10, 1903 one both machines....