Windows 10: Announcing Known Folder Move (KFM) for OneDrive

Discus and support Announcing Known Folder Move (KFM) for OneDrive in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’ve heard requests from several customers asking to make it easier to move their user data into OneDrive. To have a single button that they could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Announcing Known Folder Move (KFM) for OneDrive

Source: Migrate Your Files to OneDrive Easily with Known Folder Move - Microsoft Tech Community - 207076

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Jun 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 28, 2018
  3. Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Announcing Known Folder Move (KFM) for OneDrive

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Announcing Known Folder Move (KFM) for OneDrive ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

Announcing Known Folder Move (KFM) for OneDrive

1. Announcing Known Folder Move (KFM) for OneDrive - Similar Threads - Announcing Known Folder

2. GPO: "OneDrive: Move Known Folders based on User"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    GPO: "OneDrive: Move Known Folders based on User": Hi!We want to move the known Windows folders for several of our users to OneDrive. We created a GPO and applied it to the OU in which the users are stored, but it is only applying the User Configuration part of the GPO. We have not reduced the default delegation and/or...
  3. GPO: "OneDrive: Move Known Folders based on User"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO: "OneDrive: Move Known Folders based on User": Hi!We want to move the known Windows folders for several of our users to OneDrive. We created a GPO and applied it to the OU in which the users are stored, but it is only applying the User Configuration part of the GPO. We have not reduced the default delegation and/or...
  4. GPO: "OneDrive: Move Known Folders based on User"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Prompt users to move Windows known folders to OneDrive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Prompt users to move Windows known folders to OneDrive on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to show all the client users a notification to move Windows […] This article Prompt users to move Windows known folders to OneDrive on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Removal of Folder Redirection and Enabling OneDrive KFM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removal of Folder Redirection and Enabling OneDrive KFM: Good day, We have folder redirection set on the Documents folder and we point it to the File server. I have been tasked to remove the the folder redirection and apply OneDrive KFM. I have gotten everything to work with testing on a few people but the process is not very...
  7. OneDrive cannot process KFM

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive cannot process KFM: Enterprise managed OneDrive for all users, some user cannot use the KFM and keep show below error message. unlinked the PC and re-connect/create new folder cannot fix it. Waiting for your kindly hlep. [ATTACH]...
  8. Moving OneDrive folders

Moving OneDrive folders: How do i move my documents and photos from OneDrive to my computer or google drive? The save icon is grayed out and cannot be used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-onedrive-folders/72ea425b-90ee-4ba8-93e3-a3501de7c1cb"
  9. OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared

OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared: In File Manager I selected two folders in the OneDrive Documents folder and moved them into another folder in Documents. The folders disappeared, but were not in the other Documents folder. I searched on my PC for them and they weren't found. I looked in OneDrive online and...
  10. Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive?

Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive?: In another thread, an IA states that … A recent Update to Windows, moved all the user files form their default location at C:\Users\usename\Documents to C:\Users\usename\OneDrive\Documents and the same for Pictures, Videos, and Music . . . etc. … everything is being...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KFMlockedfileToast

2. onedrive stop protecting known folder move kfm

3. known folder move kfm for onedrive enable download

4. kfm auto save onedrive