Windows 10: Announcing Microsoft DirectX Raytracing

Discus and support Announcing Microsoft DirectX Raytracing in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; 3D Graphics is a Lie For the last thirty years, almost all games have used the same general technique—rasterization—to render images on screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Announcing Microsoft DirectX Raytracing

Read more: Announcing Microsoft DirectX Raytracing! DirectX Developer Blog

:)

Brink, Mar 19, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User

direrctx 12

Microsoft will announce when DirectX 12 is ready.

BulldogXX, Mar 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 directx 11.2

Everyone,

FAQ

Q: Should I wait to buy a new PC or GPU?

A: No – if you buy a PC with supported graphics hardware (over 80% of gamer PCs currently being sold), you’ll be able to enjoy all the power of DirectX 12 games as soon as they are available.

Q: Does DirectX 12 include anything besides Direct3D 12?

A: Also new is a set of cutting-edge graphics tools for developers. Since this is a preview of DirectX 12 focused on Direct3D 12, other technologies may be previewed at a later date.

Q: When will I be able to get my hands on DirectX 12?

A: We are targeting Holiday 2015 games.

Q: What hardware will support Direct3D 12 / will my existing hardware support Direct3D 12?

A: We will link to our hardware partners’ websites as they announce their hardware support for Direct3D 12.

check if the hardware that you have supports directx 12 if not it will run the directx 11.2

These links helped me a lot

DirectX 12 FAQ: All about Windows 10's supercharged graphics tech

How to test your PC's DirectX 12 performance today

DirectX 12 and Windows 10

Mark Antony86, Mar 19, 2018
  4. Announcing Microsoft DirectX Raytracing

This is awesome news. DirectX is stepping up it's game. What once upon a time sucked big time, has become something really impressive.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @Brink

slicendice, Mar 19, 2018
Thema:

Announcing Microsoft DirectX Raytracing

1. Announcing Microsoft DirectX Raytracing - Similar Threads - Announcing Microsoft DirectX

2. Games with raytracing on are crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games with raytracing on are crashing: CPU: Intel i5-13600KGPU: MSI Gaming Trio RTX 4090Motherboard: ASRock Z790 PG Lightning DDR5RAM: 2 sticks of G.Skill Ripjaws S5 DDR5-6000 MHz CL36, but I'm running them at 5600 MHzPower Supply: Corsair RM1000eOS: Windows 11 HomeWhen playing certain games with raytracing, my...
  3. Games with raytracing on are crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games with raytracing on are crashing: CPU: Intel i5-13600KGPU: MSI Gaming Trio RTX 4090Motherboard: ASRock Z790 PG Lightning DDR5RAM: 2 sticks of G.Skill Ripjaws S5 DDR5-6000 MHz CL36, but I'm running them at 5600 MHzPower Supply: Corsair RM1000eOS: Windows 11 HomeWhen playing certain games with raytracing, my...
  4. Microsoft DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft DirectX: Is DirectX 10 good for gaming ?Is WDDM 1.1 good or bad ?My pc Graphics is Intel GMA X4500 , when I searched about Intel GMA X4500 in internet , I saw that it supports OpenGL 2.1 , but when I checked the OpenGL version by using the app "OpenGL Extension Viewer" , I saw that...
  5. Microsoft announces DirectX 12 Agility SDK

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces DirectX 12 Agility SDK: We’re excited to unveil the DirectX 12 Agility SDK, an update that will allow devs to adopt the newest DirectX 12 graphics features faster than ever before. With the Agility SDK, developers can now add the newest DirectX 12 features to their games, and gamers can...
  6. no raytracing option in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no raytracing option in games: I'm currently playing 2 games:Metro Exodus and Shadow of the Tomb Raider with my 2080 S but I don't have ingame RTX options. I did some googling and someone wrote I need earlier version of W10. Here are my screenshots: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] 163729
  7. Announcing DirectX 12 Ultimate

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing DirectX 12 Ultimate: [ATTACH] It is time for DirectX to evolve once again. From the team that has brought PC and Console gamers the latest in graphics innovation for nearly 25 years, we are beyond pleased to bring gamers DirectX 12 Ultimate, the culmination of the best graphics technology...
  8. DirectX Raytracing and the Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    DirectX Raytracing and the Windows 10 October 2018 Update: The wait is finally over: we’re taking DirectX Raytracing (DXR) out of experimental mode! Today, once you update to the next release of Windows 10, DirectX Raytracing will work out-of-box on supported hardware. And speaking of hardware, the first generation of graphics cards...
  9. What is DirectX Raytracing in Windows 10 and what it means for Gaming

in Windows 10 News
    What is DirectX Raytracing in Windows 10 and what it means for Gaming: [ATTACH] Microsoft has finally announced DirectX Raytracing or DXR in short with Windows 10 v1809 October 2018 Update. Starting with the first generation of hardware, gamers will be able to use Raytracing to build shadows, light, and effects around it in real time. In [...]...
  10. Announcing new DirectX 12 features

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing new DirectX 12 features: We’ve come a long way since we launched DirectX 12 with Windows 10 on July 29, 2015. Since then, we’ve heard every bit of feedback and improved the API to enhance stability and offer more versatility. Today, developers using DirectX 12 can build games that have better...