Windows 10: Announcing Microsoft IoT Central

Discus and support Announcing Microsoft IoT Central in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Internet of Things (IoT) is quickly becoming a critical aspect of doing business. In the same way that web, mobile and cloud technologies have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Announcing Microsoft IoT Central

Source: Microsoft simplifies IoT further | Internet of Things

:)

Brink, Apr 19, 2017
  2. tsbamc09 Win User

It's thursday

+1 for USA! Usually they announce about 5am central time.

tsbamc09, Apr 19, 2017
  3. harshsyd Win User
    Windows IoT Editions & New Device

Hi there, so recently I came across these micro boards like Adruino, Raspberry, and etc. So I found out their recommended system is Windows IoT and other linux distributors. So I had some questions with Windows IoT and normal Windows 10. I'll post them as
    dot points.

Also there is another new board called "Pine64" which is basically the same thing and I tend to buy this product due to its specs.

1. Since Windows IoT only has one ISO (Windows IoT Core x86 ARM), how can I use the capability of the 64-bit support the Raspberry or the newly pro "Pine64" has. I've read on the internet things like that there is a Windows 10 IoT 64-Bit
    version, so I need to know how can I get it?

2. I can only find a Windows IoT Core x86 ISO. I've read articles and Wikipedia like here:

Article!
    AND
    This Blog Article!
    - these say that Windows 10 IoT (Core) Pro, and x64 exist. So is this true? Apparently there is a Windows IoT Core, Windows IoT Pro, Windows IoT Mobile/Enterprise. Is this true? And some sites like these:

Website
    say that there is a IoT Core, IoT Enterprise, IoT Mobile. So please clear it up for me!

3. Also, if I want to, can I install normal desktop/pc platform windows 10 on my small board? Raspberry or any other? Since I mean it has good specs, is it possible?

4. Would I need a license to run Windows IoT? I can't find much info on this and if I run everyday Windows 10 on it, would I need one?

Thanks, some long stuff but, researching didn't properly help! And where abouts do I get the ISOs for these installs? I found one for the IoT x86 1511 ISO on MSDN but other editions no luck!

harshsyd, Apr 19, 2017
Thema:

Announcing Microsoft IoT Central

1. Announcing Microsoft IoT Central - Similar Threads - Announcing Microsoft IoT

2. Announcing Microsoft Azure IoT Device Agent V2 general availability

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft Azure IoT Device Agent V2 general availability: We are excited to announce the general availability of Microsoft Azure IoT Device Agent V2. The Microsoft Azure IoT Device Agent is an open-source, ready-to-build and package solution for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise and Windows 10 IoT Core operating systems that provides you...
  3. Microsoft Payment Central - SCAM SPAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Payment Central - SCAM SPAM: Be aware all, there is an email circulating asking individuals (with their MSN Email) to log in to Microsoft Payment Central to process a refund. Ive had it confirmed from Microsoft that it is a SCAM email. I was nearly duped as i am one of those individuals that may be...
  4. Announcing public preview of Windows 10 IoT Core on NXP SoCs

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing public preview of Windows 10 IoT Core on NXP SoCs: [ATTACH] Earlier this year, Microsoft and NXP announced a private preview of Windows 10 IoT Core on NXP i.MX6 and i.MX7 applications processor families. Hundreds of participants expressed their interest in the combination of 10 years of Windows security updates and the...
  5. Announcing Microsoft Search

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft Search: This week at Ignite 2018, we announced Microsoft Search. We’re delighted to announce that we are expanding that vision to encompass search both inside and outside of Microsoft 365. By applying artificial intelligence (AI) technology from Bing to the deep personalized insights...
  6. Microsoft announces the public preview of Windows 10 IoT Core Services

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces the public preview of Windows 10 IoT Core Services: The Internet of Things (IoT) is transforming how businesses gather and use data to develop competitive insights and create new financial opportunities. As IoT technology matures and our partners gain more experience, they are evolving their business models to increase the...
  7. Computex 2018 - Announcing Windows 10 IoT Core Services

in Windows 10 News
    Computex 2018 - Announcing Windows 10 IoT Core Services: Similar to the embedded devices that came before them, modern IoT devices are often used in places where physical servicing is difficult and expensive. For example, it’s expensive for an oil company to put a technician on a helicopter to service equipment on a platform at...
  8. Announcing DragonBoard 410c support in Windows 10 IoT Core

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing DragonBoard 410c support in Windows 10 IoT Core: It’s been an exciting time over the last six months with our first release of Windows 10 IoT Core during //build/ 2015, the first public release in early August 2015, and most recently a new Windows Insider Preview release. Today I’m pleased to share what’s next for Makers on...
  9. Announcing Office 365 Centralized Deployment service

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Office 365 Centralized Deployment service: Office add-ins help Office users to personalize their work experience and streamline data access. Late last year, we announced the Centralized Deployment service in preview, which allows administrators to deploy Office web add-ins. Today, we are excited to announce general...
  10. Announcing Intel Joule support in Windows 10 IoT Core Anniversary Edit

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Intel Joule support in Windows 10 IoT Core Anniversary Edit: Two weeks ago I was excited to see us unveil Windows 10 IoT Core Anniversary Edition running on the new Intel® Joule™, built on the new Intel® Atom™ T5700 SOC. It took us a little over 6 weeks to bring up Windows 10 IoT Core and build Bamboo, the first Windows 10 IoT Core and...