Windows 10: Announcing new redesigned Google Account page

Discus and support Announcing new redesigned Google Account page in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Several years ago, we brought our privacy and security settings together in one place to make it easier for you to choose the options that are right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Announcing new redesigned Google Account page

Source: More transparency and control in your Google Account

:)

Brink, Jun 21, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 21, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jun 21, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Google Email Account is not adding

Hi,

Are you able to add other email account to mail app apart from Gmail account?

To solve the problem, you have to make sure that your Google account is connected to your Windows 10 computer. Here’s how to do that:

• Go to the Security section of your Google account (You can access it from the following link:

https://myaccount.google.com/intro/security
    • Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account
    • Make sure that Windows is on the list
    After you make sure that your Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account, and hopefully, everything will work fine. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you need to enable IMAP
    usage in your Google account. Here’s what you need to do:

• Sign in to Gmail
    • Click the gear in the top right
    • Select Settings
    • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    • Select Enable IMAP
    • Click Save Changes
    After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

• Open the Mail app
    • Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add Account, Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email
    • Fill in the details like this:
    • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
    • Your Name: {your name like “Fred Bloggs”}
    • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
    • Account Type: IMAP4
    • User name: {your gmail address}
    • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
    • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
    • All checkboxes checked
    Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account and check.

Yaqub K, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Announcing new redesigned Google Account page - Similar Threads - Announcing redesigned Google

2. Google announces 6 new Android features

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces 6 new Android features: [ATTACH] With the holidays around the corner, we’re sharing six new Google features for Android—a few more ways your phone gets more helpful over time, even outside of major OS updates. Whether you’re texting holiday greetings to loved...
  3. Google page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google page: For a while now, when I open the Google page to search for something, it shifts upward, whites out then shifts back down again before I can type. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-page/3d47df30-7edb-46c2-aa81-354b6ed7ecc4
  4. Redesigned Settings Page?

in Windows 10 Support
    Redesigned Settings Page?: Hello all. Running Windows 10 2004 19041.572 This morning, I found an unexpected change at the top of the settings page -- my name, One Drive and a notice of how long it's been since Windows Update ran. Anyone else have this? [img] 166472
  5. New redesigned Google Photos with new tabs, map view, and icon

in Windows 10 News
    New redesigned Google Photos with new tabs, map view, and icon: Five years ago, we noticed that people were struggling to manage their photos and videos—there wasn’t a place to keep them all, storage was disorganized, and it was hard to find specific photos. We designed Google Photos to solve these problems and...
  6. google not loading pages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google not loading pages: My Windows 10 PC is not loading google pages. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-not-loading-pages/64916b8a-f816-4cd8-8bcb-1561ccd09e4a
  7. Google rolling out redesigned News tab in Search on desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Google rolling out redesigned News tab in Search on desktop: Over the next couple weeks we’re rolling out a redesigned News tab in Search on desktop. The refreshed design makes publisher names more prominent and organizes articles more clearly to help you find the news you need. Check it out: Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on...
  8. Microsoft announces newly redesigned filetype icons for Office

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces newly redesigned filetype icons for Office: Excited to finally share the newly redesigned filetype icons for Office! They're simpler, a little cuter, and now available in Outlook for iOS (Android - soon!), OneDrive, and more. [img] Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 132337
  9. Google announces .dev, a new top-level domain (TLD)

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces .dev, a new top-level domain (TLD): Developers, designers, writers and architects: you built the web. You make it possible for the billions of people online today to do what they do. Have you ever tried to register your preferred domain name, only to find out it's not available? Today, Google Registry is...
  10. Google Registry announces new .page top-level domain with SSL

in Windows 10 News
    Google Registry announces new .page top-level domain with SSL: Today we’re announcing .page, the newest top-level domain (TLD) from Google Registry. A TLD is the last part of a domain name, like .com in “google.com” or .google in “blog.google” (the site you’re on right now). The .page TLD is a new opportunity for anyone to build an...