Windows 10: Announcing the Modern Servicing Model for SQL Server

Discus and support Announcing the Modern Servicing Model for SQL Server in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Background to SQL Server servicing Historically, we have released Cumulative Updates (CUs) every 2 months after a major version is released, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Announcing the Modern Servicing Model for SQL Server

Read more: Announcing the Modern Servicing Model for SQL Server | SQL Server Release Services

:)

Brink, Sep 28, 2017
  2. Allan Mej Win User

errno 10061

Hi,

Make sure that SQL Browser Service has started. To start SQL Server Browser Service:

• On the computer running SQL Server, run the SQL Server Configuration Manager.

On the Start menu, in the Search Programs and Files
      box, type SQL, and then choose SQL Server Configuration Manager.
    • In SQL Server Configuration Manager, in the navigation pane on the left, choose
      SQL Server Services.
    • Right-click SQL Server Browser, and then choose Properties.
    • On the Service tab of the SQL Server Browser
      dialog box, set the Start mode to Automatic.
    • Choose OK to return to the SQL Server Configuration Manager main page.
    • Right-click SQL Server Browser again, and then choose
      Start

Let us know how things goes regarding your issue.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Sep 28, 2017
  3. errno 10061

Thanks for your reply

However im not running SQL server

i`m running windows 10, cant locate anything to do with SQL server on my machine

fuzzmeister, Sep 28, 2017
Thema:

Announcing the Modern Servicing Model for SQL Server

1. Announcing the Modern Servicing Model for SQL Server - Similar Threads - Announcing Modern Servicing

2. install sql server reporting service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install sql server reporting service: I have a SQL 2016 enterprise server , want to re-install report service , running on windows server 2016 . I have downloaded it and installed it , it pops to ask install evaluation , developer or express edition , I lost the existing SQL 2016 enterprise server license key ,...
  3. install sql server reporting service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    install sql server reporting service: I have a SQL 2016 enterprise server , want to re-install report service , running on windows server 2016 . I have downloaded it and installed it , it pops to ask install evaluation , developer or express edition , I lost the existing SQL 2016 enterprise server license key ,...
  4. Unable to Start the MS SQL Server Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Start the MS SQL Server Service: Hello Team,We did an in place upgrade to upgrade the OS from 2012R2 to 2019. After upgrading the OS, we were unable to start the SQL server service on the server. We have followed the given microsoft document to upgrade the OS.Document:...
  5. Unable to Start the MS SQL Server Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Start the MS SQL Server Service: Hello Team,We did an in place upgrade to upgrade the OS from 2012R2 to 2019. After upgrading the OS, we were unable to start the SQL server service on the server. We have followed the given microsoft document to upgrade the OS.Document:...
  6. SQL Server service timeout error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SQL Server service timeout error: Hello, When using SQL Server 2014, in the SQL Configuration Manager, the SQL Server service is stopped. I tried to start it, but I get a timeout error: 'The request failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion.' Please let me know if you can solve this issue....
  7. sql server and service control manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sql server and service control manager: I installed Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio on an extern HDD. I used SSMS and i forgot to close it before detach the HDD. Now i can't start sql server anymore. there is a 7031 error in system but i don't know how to fix it without creating any other problems....
  8. #MSIgnite 2018: Microsoft announces preview of SQL Server 2019

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2018: Microsoft announces preview of SQL Server 2019: Today at Ignite, Microsoft announced the preview of SQL Server 2019. For 25 years, SQL Server has helped enterprises manage all facets of their relational data. In recent releases, SQL Server has gone beyond querying relational data by unifying graph and relational data and...
  9. Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – March 2016 Refresh

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – March 2016 Refresh: Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – March 2016 Refresh Today, we are very pleased to announce the latest preview of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). This release includes all updates included in the earlier March release, and features an update to the Visual...
  10. Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – 16.5.1 Release

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – 16.5.1 Release: Today, we are pleased to announce the latest generally-available (GA) quality release of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 16.5.1. This update fixes a couple issues listed below. Get it here: Download SSMS 16.5.1 release The version number for the latest release is...