Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Not yet, for my speed of DL, it will take 4-5 hours! You have PM. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 8, 2015.

1. CountMike New Member

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166

You have PM.

CountMike, Jul 8, 2015
  2. AlanWade Win User

No you dont need to if you upgrading. If you shall fresh install then your drive will be wiped.

AlanWade, Jul 8, 2015
  3. STEVAE Win User
    now, you see,,,,,,,,,,,,, you can always count on mike.

STEVAE, Jul 8, 2015
  4. AlanWade Win User

Already answered this but if you are downloading through the fast ring then the update will go through automatically saving your previous settings.

AlanWade, Jul 8, 2015
  5. dencal Win User
    Downloaded but Edge playing up, two crashes already.

dencal, Jul 8, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    It is not here yet, and I'm set for the fast ring.

Rocky, Jul 8, 2015
  7. leetron Win User
    had to recover my preview..screwed up my ring status! any chance of an iso link for 10166? thanks all...

leetron, Jul 8, 2015
  8. meebers Win User

If it follows MS publishing an iso for 10162, it should be up in a short time

meebers, Jul 8, 2015
  9. gzt7d8 Win User
    Build 10166 installed with no errors. ISO file created and ready to kick the tires.

Let's see what she's got!

gzt7d8, Jul 8, 2015
  10. jyusa Win User
    Thank you CountMike!

jyusa, Jul 8, 2015
  11. jyusa Win User
    Yes! *Smile

jyusa, Jul 8, 2015
  12. Kari Win User
    Don't take this now personally. You voiced your opinion, I will do the same *Smile

In my 6+ years on these forums of ours (Vista Forums, Seven Forums, Eight Forums, Ten Forums, PC Help Forums) I honestly think I have not seen a post I disagree more than the above quoted post of yours.

I am strictly against piracy in any form and welcome all possible measures to control it. I welcome you and anyone else to come to check my computers on any given time without a warning to see it by yourself that on my rigs, there's not a single piece of software which is unlicensed. Sadly, torrenting and suspicious "We don't ask any questions" file share sites have ruined the honest sharing. I am really happy, completely satisfied that Microsoft is doing their best and giving us an online storage where at least some control and rules are set to ensure it will not be used for illegal file sharing. It makes the OneDrive more trustworthy, and for users like me the preferred online storage.

Of course it's their business. Of course their must have some security applied to. As a consumer I need to know this online storage site is 100% legal and valid. Because they are not willing to sacrifice my privacy sometimes a totally valid share will be flagged as a potential breach of the end user agreement and will be stopped; the only way for MS to check if my stored file is in fact totally legal to share would mean they had to get information about the file in the way which would be against the privacy they have promised to me.

My OneDrive was recently closed for a few days because of "suspicious activity". I explained the purpose of my stored ISO images in an email, they were satisfied and restored my service. OneDrive as a service got extra brownie points from me; as a consumer I was happy to see their goal to stay legal really works.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 [​IMG]

13. JimWiz1 Win User

Hey Cortana worked without even having to do any settings. looking good so far, EDGE opened clean with my default Yahoo page, without having to go back and reset all that. going through just testing stuff out...windows live messenger is alive and well but have to log onto Photo Gallery 1st, then log onto messenger still.
    Live long and Prosper,

JimWiz1, Jul 8, 2015
  14. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 [​IMG]

*Cool

blutos cousin, Jul 8, 2015
  15. simrick Win User
    Sorry Kari, but it seems to me that having my OneDrive closed for a few days is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE behaviour and I would never tolerate the spying from a service which has MY FILES. And this is exactly why I DO NOT use online storage systems like OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, etc., because they can't be trusted to give you and only you access to your files at all times. Just because it's convenient doesn't make it a good solution.

simrick, Jul 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.Starting with today’s build, Windows Insiders will notice that the name of the...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14251 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Sharp-eyed Insiders likely noted the big jump in build numbers from our last preview build (11102). Historically, the codebase for...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10166

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10166: Hi everyone, we thought we would end the week with another build for you – but this time it’s for mobile. Build 10166 of the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview is rolling out right now to Windows Insiders on the Fast ring. There are lots of small changes and feature tweaks in...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. At Build 2016 last week, we shared new experiences and new opportunities we’re creating for developers...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14267 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Just to quickly recap the changes we’ve made to rings for Insiders in 2016: 1. We introduced the new Release Preview ring last...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Welcome to 2016 and a new year full of new builds for Windows Insiders. Today we have a new PC build we’re releasing to Insiders in the Fast ring: Build 11099. As with the previous build, this build does...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. With this build, you won’t see big noticeable changes or new features just yet. Right now, the team is...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525: It has been amazing to see the impact that Windows Insiders have made since we launched the program last year. Your feedback has helped us fix bugs and make changes which resulted in a better product because of your input. Thank you to all of the Windows Insiders who have...