Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; you have the esd in your files. the link kari gave you will tell you all you need to know to make it. right you can make an ISO from the the stored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166

right you can make an ISO from the the stored ESD after it downloads and or installs .

blutos cousin, Jul 8, 2015
  2. STEVAE Win User

i don't take any offense to it, but i think you missed my point, or at the very least don't give it much credence. i agree with you about piracy, but i feel ten times more strongly about privacy! it's not m$ business what i choose to put in my cloud storage. and to assume because some people will pirate software, that it's ok for them to absolutely trash my privacy, is imbecilic in my opinion. if they want to wage a war against piracy, so be it. but don't infringe on my rights to privacy to do it. privacy should not be sacrificed for ANY CORPORATIONS desires. the large corporations of this country are the MOST criminal aspects of this country. they control everything and everyone, including the gov. so giving them more leeway to take away my rights is ludicrous. they are already taking more and more of our freedoms away every year, and people stand by and say that's ok. but i don't! it's not ok! and it never will be. it is a slippery slope, and you can already see so many of our freedoms are slipping away everyday. now you think it is ok for them to breach our privacy for their own personal battle against piracy. hell no! not for me. and while i like and agree with most of your posts, this is one where i do not agree at all. so i'm happy to be on the opposite end of the spectrum from you on this point, and will shout if from the roof tops. no shame in my game.

STEVAE, Jul 8, 2015
  3. jyusa Win User
    Yes, I knew I can, but you probably missed my posts #32 and #42.

jyusa, Jul 8, 2015
  4. otisdog Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166

Not available yet here in the Denver, Co. USA area. 12:40 pm mountain time zone
    Jim

otisdog, Jul 8, 2015
  5. I would just empty the recycle bin and maybe run disc clean and clean out your (old windows fol;ders ) and previous windows installs in there ( within old windows folders using disc clean ) if your last update was less than 4 weeks ago that's about it .

OTOH if you have enough drive space it won't be a problem Windows will just park your current buld in another old windows sub folder and auto delete the previious one at the end of 4 weeks anyway .

IOW Having 2 -3 old windows test bullds stored does use up ~ 20 - ++ GB (depending what u have in there ) ea of extra space for each build with the rapid pace of the fast ring now whereas previously an old build would be auto deleted before a new one came out .

You can also clean browser history and cache but not necessaery it will get copied over in an update and your browsing won't slow down from newley empty browser cashe .

6. Kari Win User
    My OneDrive had activity which could be interpreted as if I was sharing illegal software. For me the fact that they politely asked me about this and the downloads by external users were suspended for this period (downloads from my own PC, signed in to OneDrive with my MS Account of course worked all the time) is to me a sign that MS takes this seriously. Although annoyed when this happened, I fully understood their reasoning; the matter was handled rapidly and I gave MS a few extra points for really checking that I am not using my OneDrive for illegal software distribution.

You know (should know at least) I like you, let's respect our different views *Smile

You did not get it? Because MS is not willing to sacrifice my privacy they could not check if the uploaded files were legal to share. That's why they asked me to explain it.

7. STEVAE Win User
    again, i don't see it as them protecting your privacy, but invading it. if they want to wage war against the pirates, then do that, not the end users. they should't be using you, to fight a battle against someone else. monitoring users activities isn't how you beat piracy, it's stopping the pirates from giving it to them. that's the proper way, not infringing on our freedoms.

and i like your quote above, so we can agree to disagree on this point.

STEVAE, Jul 8, 2015
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166

Has anyone had any lucky getting Cortana to answer to "Hey Cortana"? This feature hasn't worked for me for quite a few builds now. She understands perfectly after hitting the mic button, but otherwise nothing.

fracking4oil, Jul 8, 2015
  9. STEVAE Win User
    yes, it works perfectly for me. i have put it through a whole battery of tests, and it completed everything without fail.

you might have to retrain it. someone with the last build upgrade had to do that. so go back through the training of your voice, and see if that helps.

STEVAE, Jul 8, 2015
  10. Now I get it .......I remember when I was on 100% Copper DSL at about that speeed before the FTTN U verse upgrade here ☻☻

11. aelaan Win User
    Yes, even in Canada today!! LOL

aelaan, Jul 8, 2015
  12. Kari Win User
    Interesting: a PC would not find the upgrade. Signed in with an MS Account, Fast Ring selected. Refreshed, restarted the WU service, nothing. Some Defender update, no new build.

Just to test all possible scenarios I created a new user account, with another MS / Insider account of mine. Made the new account admin, signed out from the old one and signed in to new one. Removed the original MS Account, rebooted and signed in with the new user account with this other MS / Insider account of mine and it immediately started to download the 10166.

13. Winuser Win User

Downloaded and installed. The install took 13 minutes. I did Shawn's aerolite theme to get the color title bar back. So far it going great. Even Cortana is working good.

Winuser, Jul 8, 2015
  14. simrick Win User
    LOL Kari - MS didn't like that particular account.....not the one associated with your ISOs on OneDrive was it? (just kidding...) *Wink

simrick, Jul 8, 2015
  15. CountMike New Member
    By Jove, I think MS is getting this download and update thing to work good. Downloaded and installed in 45 minutes flat and all of that with mediocre internet speed and not exactly a beast of a computer. There's still hope for them. A friend of mine just came from work and noticed a strange number in the corner of the screen. He said he could swear he left it on 10162 and now it's 10166.

CountMike, Jul 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.Starting with today’s build, Windows Insiders will notice that the name of the...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14251 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Sharp-eyed Insiders likely noted the big jump in build numbers from our last preview build (11102). Historically, the codebase for...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10166

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10166: Hi everyone, we thought we would end the week with another build for you – but this time it’s for mobile. Build 10166 of the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview is rolling out right now to Windows Insiders on the Fast ring. There are lots of small changes and feature tweaks in...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. At Build 2016 last week, we shared new experiences and new opportunities we’re creating for developers...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14267 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Just to quickly recap the changes we’ve made to rings for Insiders in 2016: 1. We introduced the new Release Preview ring last...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Welcome to 2016 and a new year full of new builds for Windows Insiders. Today we have a new PC build we’re releasing to Insiders in the Fast ring: Build 11099. As with the previous build, this build does...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. With this build, you won’t see big noticeable changes or new features just yet. Right now, the team is...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525: It has been amazing to see the impact that Windows Insiders have made since we launched the program last year. Your feedback has helped us fix bugs and make changes which resulted in a better product because of your input. Thank you to all of the Windows Insiders who have...