Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Could not install build 10576. At 40% installing windows there is the message: Windows could not configure one or more system components. System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC

Could not install build 10576. At 40% installing windows there is the message: Windows could not configure one or more system components. System returned to old build 10565.

joshblue502000, Oct 29, 2015
  2. Cliff S New Member

Do you have your key? Or are you doing like I am, and just running it as long as you can to test the different builds? If you don't know your key, you can use ShowKeyPlus to retrieve it.

Edit: Or the cause could the wrong addition(Home vs. Pro)*Sad

Cliff S, Oct 29, 2015
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    Been running all night and still not one issue. Seems fast, snappy and stable.

BunnyJ, Oct 29, 2015
  4. goatty2 Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC

took more than an hour to restart and so far the only problem when i started it up this morn no Wi-Fi had to reconnect it

goatty2, Oct 29, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    OK if anyone is interested in the difference in times, Post#40 is VM on HDD, and the following I just did is VM on SSD:
    About a 10 minute difference or more than twice as fast. I sure would like to see the times for an M.2 PCIe drive*Eek*Smile

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 29, 2015
  6. fjk61011 Win User
    Having issues installing. After the PC reboots the second time it says missing or corrupt win(start?).efi. I never wrote down the error message *Sad

After several reboots it restored 10565.

Going to try an iso from the esd.

EDIT: I removed USB Drives and install worked.

fjk61011, Oct 29, 2015
  7. Kari Win User
    Strange.

Done this already on several machines, in-place upgrade from ISO (launching the setup from previous build desktop) never asks the key, clean install with ISO burned to DVD or Flash drive asks but tells also clearly what to do:

8. BunnyJ New Member

Nice, about time that comment was added.

BunnyJ, Oct 29, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    @Kari look at his specs, he needs 32 bit Home version for his tablet(Acer Iconia W4 tablet running Windows 10 Home x32) and the only iso versions out there are Pro, that's why he's even being asked for the key. But what you mentioned is the only time I saw a request for a key during the whole installation process this time. It's getting much more friendlier, then being asked 3 times.

Cliff S, Oct 29, 2015
  10. Installed 10576 in place update and used it for a while it worked fine . I had Chrome working on my last session in 10576 and set as my default browser it worked fine and so did everything else also but Chrome wont open now .

More importantly the Start button rt click jump list wont work and start menu wont come up and task bar search wont work .
    Start button wont do anything and task bar search wont work but they worked fine for a while until I went in and out of this new Insider build on this dual boot configuration with RTM ,Win 10 RTM hdd partition works fine .

I'm in 10576 now using IE 11 it's working .

UPDATE / EDIT : FWIW it was only the 10576 standard user acct I use when I'm on the web that was screwed up the Admin acct was fine.

I deleted the Standard 10576 user acct and made another one 99% of the data was backed up in the RTM NTFS partition so I was able to retrive it ,it's all fine now along with a necessary new Chrome install (that got screwed up also in the user acct and I was able to import my book marks into the new Standard user acct from my adminn acct . No Idea why that happened but it's fine ( for now ) ☻

FWIW I left a summary of this occourance and my resolution in the feedback app for the MS smiley people *Smile

lastly I did the in place update from the std user acct maybe that had somethig to do with this ? OTOH no problems the last time I forgit to log into the admin acct to install a new test build via windows update . :shrug:

blutos cousin, Oct 29, 2015
  11. dencal Win User
    Installed latest iteration, only problem noted so far, New Outlook.Com needs resetting as all e-mail contacts have been removed.
    No hardship there as extras have been added to the site.

dencal, Oct 29, 2015
  12. rmonroe36 Win User
    Finally got here in the Mid-Hudson Valley around 8 AM EST. In about 10 minutes it is up to 60% downloading. Hope this build works as well as previous. I have had good experiences in all of the builds so far.........

Rich

rmonroe36, Oct 29, 2015
  13. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC

zilch showing here.. *Sad

BugMeister, Oct 29, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    Funny thing happened to me on the way to forum. As I was not able to activate my Insider version yet, I applied for and received Insider status on my 8.1 - 10 conversion. I expected new version to appear on it but it didn't, still at 10240. Than I switched back to newly installed 10565, still not activated and 10576 started downloading immediately.
    Downloading as we speak. In mean time I obtained Genuine ticket from other installation and will try it when this update finishes. If it works, back to normal 10240 installation I will go on other disk. Have a nice fresh backup for it.

CountMike, Oct 29, 2015
  15. Gary Win User
    I will wait for November 2nd for the update to the RTM. Just a few days away.

Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14901 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14901 for PC: UPDATE 2: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 1: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello Windows Insiders! THANK YOU for helping us release the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to our customers last week! We...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15046 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15046 for PC: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15046 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. As you can see, we have done quite a few experiments in the Creator’s Update...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14371 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14371 for PC: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hey Windows Insiders! Time to show our PCs some love. We think you’ll really like this update. Today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14371 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Here’s what’s new in...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342 for PC: UPDATE 5/18/2016: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 5/18: Today we are releasing Build 14342 to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. With this build, Insiders in the Slow ring...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15061 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15061 for PC: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15061 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC We fixed an issue...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 for PC: UPDATE: November 9th 2015 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 11/9: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 is now available to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. Hi...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15025 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15025 for PC: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15025 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring as the primary build for the second...
  9. Soon: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576

in Windows 10 News
    Soon: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576: Gabe twitted: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 28134
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10547 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10547 for PC: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10547 to Windows Insiders on the Fast ring. As usual, this build includes bug fixes and improvements over Build 10532 and also includes some new things...