Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I've clean installed 11099. The Activation servers seem to be down. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 12, 2016.

1. fjk61011 Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

I've clean installed 11099. The Activation servers seem to be down.

fjk61011, Jan 13, 2016
  2. Kari Win User

Finally! The US English 11082 virtual machine found the upgrade just now *Smile

3. fjk61011 Win User
    Observations on 11099:

On my PC, with my C drive cleaned with Diskpart, clean install gives an option to Upgrade! or clean install.

The File Manager progress screen is back. Copying seems to be a lot faster.

Install recognised my Trusted Platform Module.

fjk61011, Jan 13, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi Kari

Did the VM activate.

I found trying to activate the VM I get error -- windows cannot be activated at the present time. The previous build WAS activated (legally of course !!!!).

Tried activating the VM both on a LINUX and Windows Host -- same problem. I'll see what happens -- doesn't seem to be a problem with it not being activated on the VM. Everything else seems to be working. The defect with the 4K monitor seems to only happen on a REAL machine or on a WINDOWs VM running on a WINDOWS Host so perhaps Windows drivers are behind the Linux MESA ones.

(Linux Host - latest CENTOS release 7.1 and Windows Host is the RTM version of W10 pro. Using VMWARE workstation as the virtualisation software. Latest build on both Windows and Linux Hosts).

@Kari -- Windows HOST with latest build on VMWARE and 4K monitor

IE11 garbled -- here's your post image -- it's fine on normal monitor or using Firefox or on Linux Host. !!!
    Also a problem with 4K monitor on a real machine.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 [​IMG]

A REAL machine didn't have any problems with activation.
    Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 13, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    Yes, my Hyper-V build 11099 virtual machines were automatically activated as always having no issues.

I did not upgrade but instead grabbed the ESD file to make an ISO image both on UK and US English Build 11082 activated virtual machines, then did a clean install on both virtual machines with the respective language version of Build 11099 ISO.

Both were activated as soon as I entered the desktop.
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 [​IMG]
    Tip This must not be de facto how digital entitlement activation in Hyper-V virtual machines works but it is what I have experienced in my quite extensive test installs:

If you use Diskpart, Windows setup partitioning tools or any third party method to wipe / empty the vhd, removing the previous activated build and then perform a clean install with a new build, the digital entitlement will be lost and Windows 10 will not be automatically activated. To activate it you need to enter the product key.

However, if you do a clean install without wiping the vhd but keeping nothing, letting setup to move old activated installation to Windows.old folder, the new clean installed build will be automatically activated. You can then use Disk Cleanup tool to remove the Windows.old folder.

6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

installing clean like you did from ESD. UK version
    will try later after its installed. Installs quickly these days (the wonders of SSD's !!!).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 13, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Update using ESD==>ISO method,

Working perfectly and activated on a VM. Cloned to VM on Windows host also working.

IE11 issues fixed. Have to wait and see for 4K monitor tests -- am using that monitor at the moment for a bit of Stock Market "Day Trading" on London Stock exchange. More fun and profitable on Volatile markets !!!!

Clean install from ESD seems the best way to go in future.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 13, 2016
  8. Reldel Win User

Installed on computer that I duel boot regular Windows 10 and Windows Insider. Install went as expected but after about a half hour or use of 11099 screen and Windows froze and buzzing sound came out of computer speakers, after about 10-15 seconds the system crashed and automatically rebooted on it's on. I have not gone back into 11099 boot and probably won't until another version is released.
    This computer has been extremely stable during entire Windows 10 Insider program. No sense messing with an update that has no new features.

Reldel, Jan 13, 2016
  9. Installed without incident and no issues of note so far. Nice to have the file transfer dialog back.

cyberrufus, Jan 13, 2016
  10. noez92 Win User
    is fingerprint bug fixed in this build?

noez92, Jan 13, 2016
  11. Wynona Win User
    I just installed PaperPort 14 which has a free version of PDF Viewer Plus (separate installation within the autorun).

When I went into Settings to make PDF Viewer Plus my default, it would only show Edge, Foxit and Word and "look for an app in the store".

I don't want Edge, nor do I want Foxit or Word. I want to use something I really like! Which is PDF Viewer Plus.

This seems to be an ongoing problem with other apps I've installed and want to make my default. Is anyone else seeing this?

Yep, I've shut down and rebooted, but nothing seems to work.

Edit: I solved it. I opened PDF Viewer Plus, then opened a PDF file. Once that was done, it showed up in default settings for PDF!

Sheesh, this is one nasty bug! Heading out to Feedback . . .

Wynona, Jan 13, 2016
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    Had to trick WU to get 11099. Stopped insider program. Chose 1 day for delay. rebooted. Resumed Insider program. rebooted. Check for updates..... and down she came! All seems fine, except RegEdit is still sick.

f14tomcat, Jan 13, 2016
  13. WEKJR Win User

Completed installation or 11099 last night in less than 30 minutes. All went well on my Win 7/Win 10 (Preview) dual boot system. Rebooted the completed Windows 10 and re-ran Settings/Update. It found 5 instances of Microsoft Visual C++ SP4 64Bit and it was installed successfully all five times before it stopped.

I reported this but has anyone else seen this?

Bill

WEKJR, Jan 13, 2016
  14. Wynona Win User
    One thing I've noticed is that Visual C++ is installed almost every time I install a new program. I just installed PaperPort 14 and got all of the Visual C++es installed from 2005 to 2008 or 2009.

Wynona, Jan 13, 2016
  15. larc919 Win User
    Just curious about what's wrong with your RegEdit. I'm not seeing any problems with mine (Windows\System32\regedt32.exe).

larc919, Jan 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.Starting with today’s build, Windows Insiders will notice that the name of the...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14251 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Sharp-eyed Insiders likely noted the big jump in build numbers from our last preview build (11102). Historically, the codebase for...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Today, we are releasing Build 14279 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Here’s what’s new in Build 14279 Cortana in more languages: With this build, we are enabling Cortana for the Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. At Build 2016 last week, we shared new experiences and new opportunities we’re creating for developers...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14267 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Just to quickly recap the changes we’ve made to rings for Insiders in 2016: 1. We introduced the new Release Preview ring last...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. With this build, you won’t see big noticeable changes or new features just yet. Right now, the team is...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14257 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. As I mentioned last week, we’re at the beginning of a new development cycle for our next feature update to Windows 10. Teams are...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525: It has been amazing to see the impact that Windows Insiders have made since we launched the program last year. Your feedback has helped us fix bugs and make changes which resulted in a better product because of your input. Thank you to all of the Windows Insiders who have...