Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Still no issues so far. Can't wait to see what's coming along. Unfortunately most of these changes so far are "under the hood" changes; changes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

Unfortunately most of these changes so far are "under the hood" changes; changes to OneCore and the kernel to better optimize the OS between the various devices that Windows 10 is running on. It will still be a while till we see outward physical changes, especially like extension support for Edge.

rogerwilco91, Feb 4, 2016
  2. BunnyJ New Member

*Wink That sort of what I was talking about.

BunnyJ, Feb 4, 2016
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Odd, though, that 10586.71 fixed it for RTM so they must know the issue, and the fix. Must be a long walk from one side of Redmond campus to the other! *Wink

f14tomcat, Feb 4, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

What I was thinking ( purely conjecture) was that all recent insider updates were concentrating on optimisation and bug clearing.
    What I meant by a work in hand was, maybe now they are concentrating on adding extras.

dencal, Feb 5, 2016
  5. magilla Win User
    wish I had a suggestion. I have been able to update my laptop to build 14251 and now to 14257 ( updating) but my desktop will not update. Nothing has changed in terms of machine hardware/software but it keeps reporting that it is up to date and, like you, it is stuck at 11099. Don't know what to do, maybe just drop it from the insider program. I have my laptop to play with.

magilla, Feb 5, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Just wondering about something with Windows 10 in general:

Many 'Proper Titles' are not all capitalized in the new UI, whereas, in previous versions of Windows, they always were.
    Which is proper?

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 5, 2016
  7. Word Man Win User
    Finally got caught up on this upgrade and burned the WIM based iso. Encouraged to see that my pet peeve inappropriately lit airplane mode button is acknowledged in the issues for this build - believe me, it's been an issue for quite some time for me and others - LOL, and the "workaround" is what makes it a PITA to me.

Word Man, Feb 5, 2016
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

You too I see! Only after upgrading from the 10586 to Threshold 2 I was finally able to get the Home VM to upgrade just this week to the 14257 build. The physical install on the host drive of the second desktop keeps running into the Windows Defender update problem I was seeing on the VM at until that saw it go and then later after a long wait the 14257 arrived. The Pro VMs on both machines still need to be run for some time which should be some time later tonight I suspect.

Night Hawk, Feb 5, 2016
  9. Wynona Win User
    If it's a title, they should be capitalized. If I were doing it, I'd have it Notifications and Actions. Coders, however, follow no recognizable grammar rules for the most part. *Smile

Wynona, Feb 5, 2016
  10. Word Man Win User
    Totally agree. I find myself posting with proper capitalization on these control panel sections and what-not and THEN I go back and butcher the capitalization to match MS's, just in the interest of nobody getting "cornfused".*sarc

Word Man, Feb 5, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    @Wynona,
    I believe for them "Syntax"(Programing not Language) is more important*Wink

Cliff S, Feb 5, 2016
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Yup.. in programming grammar is not something that's considered relevant.

Python test to determine if 5 is greater than 2:
    PHP Code: if (5 > 2):
    print "5 is greater than 2"

BunnyJ, Feb 5, 2016
  13. Cliff S New Member

Morning Jeff! You're up late, and I'm up early*chuckle

Cliff S, Feb 5, 2016
  14. lx07 Win User
    That hasn't been true anywhere I've worked. Appearance is as important (or more). What is on the screen is what the customer sees. If that looks sloppy (spelling mistakes, incorrect capitalization) it is in some ways worse than the program not doing what it should.

You can get away with stupid programming mistakes as no-one ever sees the code or knows why something didn't work. You can pretend it was a very complex or unusual situation and (if you are lucky) charge them again to fix it *Wink

If your bank wrote Avaliable balance enquirey not Available Balance Enquiry on their website though then you'd think they were lazy and/or incompetent and not trust them. Same with the middle managers who sign-off on the software - they might know nothing about IT but they know how to spell "avaliable" (mostly).

For that reason I think MS must have made the UI like this deliberately. If you look in settings (or the old control panel) the titles are capitalized correctly. The sub-menu items in the new settings only have the first letter capitalized which although looking ugly to me could well be a design choice as it is consistent.

No excuse for this though *Smile

15. Cliff S New Member
    In your example Task View is a proper name, and, touch keyboard is just a noun.
    But I know what you mean*Smile

Cliff S, Feb 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.Starting with today’s build, Windows Insiders will notice that the name of the...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14251 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Sharp-eyed Insiders likely noted the big jump in build numbers from our last preview build (11102). Historically, the codebase for...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Today, we are releasing Build 14279 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Here’s what’s new in Build 14279 Cortana in more languages: With this build, we are enabling Cortana for the Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. At Build 2016 last week, we shared new experiences and new opportunities we’re creating for developers...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14267 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Just to quickly recap the changes we’ve made to rings for Insiders in 2016: 1. We introduced the new Release Preview ring last...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Welcome to 2016 and a new year full of new builds for Windows Insiders. Today we have a new PC build we’re releasing to Insiders in the Fast ring: Build 11099. As with the previous build, this build does...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. With this build, you won’t see big noticeable changes or new features just yet. Right now, the team is...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525: It has been amazing to see the impact that Windows Insiders have made since we launched the program last year. Your feedback has helped us fix bugs and make changes which resulted in a better product because of your input. Thank you to all of the Windows Insiders who have...