Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; That's good! The 7 side of the dual boot on the remote system by the way is strictly WiFi only while the 10 side has to be hard wired ethernet only.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

That's good! The 7 side of the dual boot on the remote system by the way is strictly WiFi only while the 10 side has to be hard wired ethernet only. That is since the router in use lacks any 8.1 x64 driver support let alone anything for 10. Cisco doesn't like offering continued support after one or two versions it seems and the usb WiFi on 7 was originally sought for seeing that build now used mainly for testing made portable!

The now discontinues micro atx case while discontinued can still be found at places like Amazon for a price of course while originally seen at Newegg. I build a small system when 7 was first out using the same model case for a sibling and then grabbed 7 Pro already having 7 Ulitmate on the main for a portable pc project. NZXT Crafted Series Vulcan Black Steel Plastic Gaming mATX Computer Case - Newegg.com

Still about 56% of the download being seen on the VM while this is being posted. Then I can reboot back into the physical 10 side to examine that more closely.

Night Hawk, Feb 18, 2016
  2. Kari Win User

Anybody else noticed that each of the last builds has decreased the resource footprint? On my 12 GB Asus laptop, the available RAM when booted to desktop has slowly increased from just over 8 GB in RTM to about 10 GB in 14267, at the same time the CPU usage getting down, being now when idle between 0 and 5%.

This on a system where all the startup items, desktop layout and such have remained the same.

3. fjk61011 Win User
    Had to re-enable SYSTEM RESTORE. Also had re-install Intel Chipset Software.

fjk61011, Feb 18, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

Even my Lumia 640 updated all right, MS is slipping, nothing to complain about !

CountMike, Feb 18, 2016
  5. fjk61011 Win User
    How do I find this info?

fjk61011, Feb 18, 2016
  6. 10 has a Resource as well as Performance monitor while a simply right click on the taskbar to bring up the Taskmanager and open the Performance tab there will work as well.

Night Hawk, Feb 18, 2016
  7. magilla Win User
    I did that and all went well --- don't know why my desktop stopped getting build updates. I am still showing fast track and have disabled and re-enabled insider status.

magilla, Feb 18, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

Performance tab in Task Manager, as Night Hawk already told:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267 [​IMG]

9. davidhk Win User
    Something I never learn to use until now.

Thank you.

davidhk, Feb 18, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Indeed. Memory usage is about 1.6 GB vs 1.8 to 2 GB in previous builds.
    Of course, this is old PC with 4 GB of RAM.
    I've noticed that memory compression service is using a lot less memory.

AndreTen, Feb 18, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Feb 18, 2016
  12. Reldel Win User
    Installed 14267 from ISO, installed without any consequences.

Did find one problem which I reported through feedback. If you use the new Settings GUI and go into Accounts and try to change a user account from Standard to Administrator, the pop-up screen to do so crashes and the Settings page freezes. It then must be closed by right clicking and closing from the taskbar. The settings change to Administrator does not stick on the attempted account.

If however you go into the old Control Panel GUI and make the change through User Accounts, the process of changing the account type performs as expected.

Reldel, Feb 18, 2016
  13. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

VirtualBox inoperable on this build. That's two out of the past three builds and it will probably remain a continuing issue.

cyberrufus, Feb 18, 2016
  14. Cliff S New Member
    Changes to the OneDrive online backup in this build, a comparison:

Cliff S, Feb 18, 2016
  15. Wynona Win User
    A couple of days ago, for some odd reason, my Insider partition refused to boot. It got to the circle chasing its tail part and just stayed there. I didn't want to mess with it, so I just shut down and booted into my RTM partition. Last night when the new build was posted, I decided to try one more time . . . and this wummerful computer booted into the Insider partition . . . go figure.

So far, I'm not seeing the new build, so I'm wondering what's going on. Like you, I'm showing fast track, so everything should be on track for new builds.

I guess it's just my turn to wait a week for a new build. But . . . Windows 10 Build 14267 is on Lappy, so on to creating an ISO.

Wynona, Feb 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267 - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.Starting with today’s build, Windows Insiders will notice that the name of the...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14251 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Sharp-eyed Insiders likely noted the big jump in build numbers from our last preview build (11102). Historically, the codebase for...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Today, we are releasing Build 14279 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Here’s what’s new in Build 14279 Cortana in more languages: With this build, we are enabling Cortana for the Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. At Build 2016 last week, we shared new experiences and new opportunities we’re creating for developers...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Welcome to 2016 and a new year full of new builds for Windows Insiders. Today we have a new PC build we’re releasing to Insiders in the Fast ring: Build 11099. As with the previous build, this build does...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. With this build, you won’t see big noticeable changes or new features just yet. Right now, the team is...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14257 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. As I mentioned last week, we’re at the beginning of a new development cycle for our next feature update to Windows 10. Teams are...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525: It has been amazing to see the impact that Windows Insiders have made since we launched the program last year. Your feedback has helped us fix bugs and make changes which resulted in a better product because of your input. Thank you to all of the Windows Insiders who have...