Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Oh.. ok.. so what's it for? Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, Feb 23, 2016.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271

Oh.. ok.. so what's it for?

BunnyJ, Feb 24, 2016
  2. Edwin New Member

Settings held, yes; tweaks, no! *Sad

Edwin, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Kari Win User
    I very strongly suspect this feature has something to do with the topic of this Microsoft blog post: Enterprise security for our mobile-first, cloud-first world - The Official Microsoft Blog

If I am right, that will not concern private users but will in yet unknown way (unknown to me) be part of the future security features in Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise editions in corporate environments.

4. BunnyJ New Member

Thanks for the information.

BunnyJ, Feb 24, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Ok, so they're using all the insiders to test it, I guess, thanks Kari*Biggrin

Cliff S, Feb 24, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Cliff, I have no factual proof; what I said is my personal opinion *Smile

7. Cliff S New Member
    Your educated guess's, are better than me having no idea though.

Cliff S, Feb 24, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

BTW geeks, anyone here who knows what is the current build in Slow Ring?

9. Cliff S New Member
    I don't know if this helps: Microsoft - Official Home Page

Cliff S, Feb 24, 2016
  10. Edwin New Member
    These are new,

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271 [​IMG]

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271 [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 24, 2016
  11. waltc Win User
    Sure, and of course, you aren't putting all your computers in the district in the Insider's Preview program, anyway, right? Of course not...*Wink Minor inconveniences and bugs like this are just part of the beta-testing program, imo.

waltc, Feb 24, 2016
  12. Kari Win User
    As I have all my machines on Insider Fast Ring, all running build 14271 as of this morning, could you please educate me and tell why I shouldn't do it?

The core of Windows 10 is stable and well functioning. The build upgrades might contain some minor bugs but as they are built on a working core, I can personally see no reasons not to upgrade as soon as a new build is available. In any case, I always read the the MS articles about known issues before deciding if I want to upgrade or not.

13. waltc Win User

Heh...*Wink Good call! Usually I'll just shunt mine to the side to get at something underneath, but this does improve things for the systray (if I can get used to it.) However, I run with my taskbar at the top of the screen anyway by default--so when I see the default at the bottom it never looks right in the first place...*Wink

waltc, Feb 24, 2016
  14. waltc Win User
    Well, then, you have no complaints, right?...*Wink I interpreted your original post as a complaint and was simply pointing out the obvious. Since you know what you're doing then I apologize for the unneeded advice...!

waltc, Feb 24, 2016
  15. Kari Win User
    You are mixing me with someone else now *Smile.

My post was a response to your post quoting another member. I just replied to it because I disagree with you; I see no reasons why I shouldn't use the latest Fast Ring builds as my main OS.

No hard feelings, just stating my opinion.

Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271 - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.Starting with today’s build, Windows Insiders will notice that the name of the...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14251 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Sharp-eyed Insiders likely noted the big jump in build numbers from our last preview build (11102). Historically, the codebase for...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Today, we are releasing Build 14279 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Here’s what’s new in Build 14279 Cortana in more languages: With this build, we are enabling Cortana for the Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. At Build 2016 last week, we shared new experiences and new opportunities we’re creating for developers...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14267 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Just to quickly recap the changes we’ve made to rings for Insiders in 2016: 1. We introduced the new Release Preview ring last...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Welcome to 2016 and a new year full of new builds for Windows Insiders. Today we have a new PC build we’re releasing to Insiders in the Fast ring: Build 11099. As with the previous build, this build does...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. With this build, you won’t see big noticeable changes or new features just yet. Right now, the team is...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525: It has been amazing to see the impact that Windows Insiders have made since we launched the program last year. Your feedback has helped us fix bugs and make changes which resulted in a better product because of your input. Thank you to all of the Windows Insiders who have...