Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Well for me the extensions epically failed. I tried to get extensions twice and it says Unexpected error. well done Microsoft for this wonderful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile

At least Edge is real good for video streaming in general and 1080P Netflix they got Chrome beat there *Smile

blutos cousin, Mar 17, 2016

2. I haven't spotted one issue or glitch yet in 14291 even with 32 Chrome browsing tabs open and 1080p video playing from a hdd and multi tasking in Windows all at once ...................(so far ) ☻..........Much better than a good many recent test builds here that couldn't take 10 Chrome browsing tabs well or have Windows general stability real well .

I hope 14291 stays that way everything seems to work *for now* it's even playing nice with Google Chrome x64 so it's back on the default browser throne and 14291 feels way better than any Insider builds in recent memory here so far .*Smile

3. swarfega Win User
    MS don't mention where the extensions folder is so I've no clue where to install the extension from.

swarfega, Mar 17, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile

Hi there

Problem only occurs with NVIDIA graphics on a Windows VM. Another Host with INTEL graphics -- no problem with the VM.

Slightly OT - but where do you get genuine full 4K media from these days -- most of the "Streamed" 4K I've seen is just upscaled 1080p.

Perhaps another thread for that issue. BTW VLC with H265 Codec alledgedly plays decent 4K Native -- haven't got any media though to try it yet.

Netflix may release 4K movies in future but currently here only 1080p available.

That Green line occurs also with PLEX streaming to Google Chromecast -- however I don't use Windows VM for a media server though !! That's what a NAS is for - but interesting to test it. !!!! The Green Line etc all disappears with the VM running on a HOST with INTEL so IMO must be something to do with the Nvidia driver -- will do more research.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 17, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I just got it to load..
    1. I downloaded an extension..
    2. I ran it and it extracted the extension to the user download folder
    3. I went to the ... found on the upper right hand corner of Edge, clicked it and I selected Extensions
    4. I selected the folder for the extension I wanted to use.. found in the user download folder..

It installed..
    HTH

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    Thanks. I downloaded translator and although theres the exe installer in Downloads, it doesn't show up in Edge.

swarfega, Mar 17, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Execute it and it will extract and create a folder in the download.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

Yea I did that but its not showing in Edge extensions.

swarfega, Mar 17, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Here's a screen shot of what I got:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2016
  10. Fafhrd Win User
    The statement: "Late arrival" was purely subjective - PFMIIWBAFAIK, the majority of new build Updates have been announced in "late" afternoon or "early" evening in the UK, rather than "late" evening or "bedtime" for those of us that have diurnal habits, and announcement by tweet is no guarantee of instant downloadability.

I didn't remark that the arrival was slow, untimely nor delayed - indeed, the "lateness" or perhaps "earliness" of the hour possibly meant that the download proceeded without undue delay due to less competition on the local UK server network. I was very pleased that its announcement did not interrupt my enjoyment of (well, amusement at) the "late"(22:05-00:15), "early"(1988) Steven Seagal film I watched on ITV4.

I do vainly hope that there will be an extension to standardize the nuances of the English language as communicated and understood by the members of this forum in order to maintain a peaceful coexistence. *Smile

Fafhrd, Mar 17, 2016
  11. swarfega Win User
    ah that worked. Thanks Bunny.

swarfega, Mar 17, 2016
  12. Netflix & Amazon have 4K HDCP 2.2 content shows and movies but only for 4K Netflix & Amazon embedded HDCP 2.2 smart TV apps & a few 4K extenders into an HDMI 2.0 or 2.0a input no PC 4K . Most decent 2015 4K TV's can accommodate all this not very many of the 2014 4K sets outside of the better Samsung & Sony sets. and only a few of those.☻

Netflix has the Blacklist in 4K you need ~ 25Gbps throughput and an upgrade to the 4K Netflix plan it's only about $11.95 month though and maybe 4K Amazon TV is included in Amazon prime video & a call or something on the Amazon Prime website with a 4K TV app or extender device registration .

They have a 4K Roku extender now word is it pushes red though but a little white balance offset or tweaking should fix that on a dedicated input if you don't have a colorimeter or just return it if it's not correctable and try another 4K extender .

Netflix and Amazon have *some 4K /4K HDR stuff respectively * but not a lot of it yet but more is added .

I have about 75 GB of 4K & some 4K HDR on my TV's USB hdd.some of that stuff is totally stunning all legal like these links .

Since you asked ......Here is the spot to download TV factory 4K and 4K HDR legal demo loop eye candy files play them from a USB flash drive or USB NTFS hdd straight into the TV if your 4K TV can do hdd video and use a vidio usb TV app or VLC app or KODI but VLC is a crappy 4K player and does not play a lot of it . Kodi is the one in a smart TV or PC or on a PC only daumpot player x64 is good also .

IF you have an 4KWCG HDR TV set some of these HDR clips are way over the top the 4K SDR (most of them) are good also
    eye candy link :
    Demo UHD-3D - Ultra-HD / 4K / HDR / 3D

You Tube 4K downloads usually play from a hdd or flash drive better than VP9 steaming even though some of it is real 4K it bypasses dynamic compression and bit shaping/starving and CDN or (other) net congestion or 4K video titles that are really 2K uploads from amateurs that downloaded them that don't know anything about 4K YT downloads /uploads *sarc

For You tube Use a 4K You Tube downloader that can read /convert & download 4K You tube to (2160p) or any YT resolution to MKV like this one .
    YouTube to MP4 & MP3 Converter and Video Download - ClipConverter.cc

Primo You Tube 4K eye candy

Amazing Places on Our Planet

Around The World 4K

More YT 4K :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4F...-UbIsweL6kIEfg

WILDLIFE IN 4K (ULTRA HD) 60fps - YouTube

Way cool let your pets watch it and get wild
    COSTA RICA IN 4K 60fps (ULTRA HD) w/ Freefly Movi - YouTube

NORTHERN INDIA 4K (Ultra HD) 50/60fps - YouTube

Panasonic 4K World - San Blas, Panama - YouTube

Interstellar 4K (Movie Trailer) - 4K Central - YouTube

Panasonic 4K World - Valle de Cocora, Colombia - YouTube

Panasonic 4K World - Cartagena de Indias, Colombia - YouTube

Japan 4K neat stuff :

Peru - Land of the Incas - in 4K! - YouTube

Istanbul - City of the Seven Hills in 4K! - YouTube

Guatemala - Land of Eternal Spring! in 4K! - YouTube

The Hobbit Heli Mountain Biking! Play On in New Zealand - 4K - YouTube

The Holy Land in 4K - YouTube

Tikal - Ancient Mayan City of Guatemala - 4K - YouTube
    Samsung 4K Demo: Around the World

Samsung 4K Demo: Around the World - YouTube

Dream Jump - Dubai 4K
    Dream Jump - Dubai 4K - YouTube

13. Edwin New Member

Once again, an 'Upgrade Install' treats only Removable Drives as removable, whereas, a clean does not!

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 17, 2016
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I figured out how to install the extensions.. now I have to figure out how to use them.. Grrr,,,

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2016
  15. jeffrys Win User
    Thanks for all the info here guys

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. What’s new in Build 14946 Customizing your precision...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 3/30: Today we are moving Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! I spent a few days this week at our Worldwide Partner Conference in Toronto this week and one of the most exciting things for me was how much people are talking about the Windows Insider Program....
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile: UPDATE: July 15th 2016 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello my Windows Insiders! I’m at the Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) this week to meet partners and customers to understand the needs of their businesses...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! Since you all seemed to like the breakneck build pace last week, we’re starting the week off right and releasing not one, not two, not three…but *four* builds today. Today we are releasing Build...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile: 14328 is coming down the pipe right now! down loading now. 48094
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. In addition to devices that shipped with Windows 10 such as the Lumia 550, 650,...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14951 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14951 for PC and Mobile: Update: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] *** Edit 2016.10.20 - 6:10PM *** THANK YOU to all the Windows Insiders who have provided us feedback on getting stuck at 0% while trying to download Build 14951 on their devices. We have narrowed this down to a new...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! Surprise! Today we are releasing Build 14385 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. But wait – it’s the weekend!? We’re churning out builds like crazy and this one has a few...