Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Feedback Hub, my friend....Feedback Hub*Biggrin I just did it.. *Wink Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 17, 2016.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile

I just did it.. *Wink

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2016
  2. Cliff S New Member

*Thumbs

Cliff S, Mar 17, 2016
  3. CountMike New Member
    Maps were supposed to be updated but are still few years out of date.

CountMike, Mar 17, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I'm just trying out the feature/extension and it's not a bad idea and I like it so far. It's going to take time to get used to but this is a good addition.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2016
  5. Still not showing up on my Lumia 640 after selecting Fast Ring and restarting *Sad

DizConnected, Mar 17, 2016
  6. Wynona Win User
    Pulled 7200 RPM HDD (and the 240 GB SSD) out of Desktop A and installed the 500GB SSD.

While I was inside, I removed the excess cabling and just cleaned things up in general. Went to Tim the Computer Guy's shop and traded my 4.5' monitor cable for a 6' one so I could get my monitors into the position I wanted them. I also removed the wired Internet cable. So far, Internet works just fine; at least Windows installed. *Smile

Installation of Build 14291 went smoothly and so did Office 365 64 bit.

Since I had so many freeze-ups with Build 14279, I'm not going to install Firefox yet. Hopefully I won't get frozen with this build, but we'll see. At least FF is out of the mix.

For now I'm using the IE with a Mohawk; I'll give it a chance to see if there's any improvement.

One thing at a time . . .

Edit: Just to test to see if Edge behaves itself when I Edit my post. So far, it did, but what's strange to me is that instead of just bolding things, I get the b and /b (in brackets. Which might be OK, except it requires extra keystrokes; I'm fast enough, but not everyone has spent their life using a typewriter and then a keyboard.

Oh, and I went in to Settings and put myself back on the fast track. And now I'm going to change my time zone.

Wynona, Mar 17, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    Great job! And, if I may note: your avatar is going fine with the beginning of your story! *Biggrin

AndreTen, Mar 17, 2016
  8. Wynona Win User

Yeh, StarFerret now has some cables, hard drives and a few dust bunnies (Sorry BunnyJ) in her stash. She even gathered up my previous downloads of Firefox.

Gotta get a new avatar of StarFerret in a field of flowers.

Wynona, Mar 17, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    @Wynona you need to click The "Switch Editor to Source Mode" button when using Edge.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile [​IMG]

Cliff S, Mar 17, 2016
  10. simrick Win User
    Well, I guess I don't need to know what time it is anymore....or so MS think...*Sad

simrick, Mar 17, 2016
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Get a Watch simrick...... Running and hiding now....Zooom *Eek

OldMike65, Mar 17, 2016
  12. simrick Win User
    Noooooooooooooo!
    Wonder if Cortana will have difficulty with appointments and reminders? She may not be able to read the time either!

simrick, Mar 17, 2016
  13. Wynona Win User

Before I gutted this thing, Build 14279 updated to Build 14291. Whatta timely mess! It took me forever and three days to get things set to the right time.

Up until yesterday, every new update build left my time zone alone, but not this time! That was a real mess. However, I just looked at Lappy and after her update, she's right on the time money. Go figure . . .

Wynona, Mar 17, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    Use this Seven tutorial................
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-disable.html
    Option Two

Yes. it is still applicable to Win 10.
    I used it to restore missing Network and Volume to my Win 10 at least twice.
    The latest time was after I installed Insider 14291. Volume icon went missing.

davidhk, Mar 17, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    Yes. It set my time zone to Pacific instead of Eastern.

davidhk, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. What’s new in Build 14946 Customizing your precision...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 3/30: Today we are moving Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! I spent a few days this week at our Worldwide Partner Conference in Toronto this week and one of the most exciting things for me was how much people are talking about the Windows Insider Program....
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile: UPDATE: July 15th 2016 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello my Windows Insiders! I’m at the Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) this week to meet partners and customers to understand the needs of their businesses...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! Since you all seemed to like the breakneck build pace last week, we’re starting the week off right and releasing not one, not two, not three…but *four* builds today. Today we are releasing Build...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile: 14328 is coming down the pipe right now! down loading now. 48094
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. In addition to devices that shipped with Windows 10 such as the Lumia 550, 650,...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14951 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14951 for PC and Mobile: Update: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] *** Edit 2016.10.20 - 6:10PM *** THANK YOU to all the Windows Insiders who have provided us feedback on getting stuck at 0% while trying to download Build 14951 on their devices. We have narrowed this down to a new...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! Surprise! Today we are releasing Build 14385 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. But wait – it’s the weekend!? We’re churning out builds like crazy and this one has a few...