Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; You can't teach anyone to be or not to be an addict. We can only try to be a good model (which I am not... haha). We can't compare our generation with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

Agreed *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 5, 2016

2. Vinyl > iTunes lossey .aac yucky maybe use FLAC lossles 16/44 rips and just use Audacity or EAC to make whatever mp3 or .aac media or iTunes repositorys you need for a PDP /phone or a noisy vehicle commute or something like that .

Note : Once you make an mp3 or iTunes rip *that media will always be poor quality and no amount of up sampling will ever restore the discarded audio data or dynamic range and noise floor it just makes a bigger file with more zero bit word length .

You lose up to 75% of the compressible audio data on an mp3 or iTunes .,aac from a 16 bit CD mix and often half of it or more from a vinyl rip on a decent vinyl playback chain source .

OTOH if you are using an inexpensive USB phono/turntable it probably wont matter anyway .*really

Note : Windows 10 Grroove musicand WMP support FLAC now along with all the other usual audio player apps
    descent PDP's etc. outside of most professional studio DAWS that are usually .ALAC (MAC ) or .WAV ( PC ) in a project .

FWIW some of my best digitized 24 & 16 bit analog contact media (tape mixes) from the saftey master hdds at the labels works to ~ 600-750 + kbps of uncompressable audio data in a loss less audio compression FLAC file encode format where as an uncompressed (not uniformed loudness) decent 16 bit CD mix is 1411 kbps at full RBCD dynamic range and more at 24 bits from a digital production and the upper limits of iTunes (.aac ) and high bit rate mp3 is 320kbps and often has significant audible degradation compared to a good CD mix or decent vinyl ............... IOW it's all in the math *really

Maybe look at the THX PM3 link in my sig. and that might help explain my thoughts on all this *really

blutos cousin, Apr 5, 2016
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    Time to test.. so far stable.

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

Edge now has a paste and go option.. nice.

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Settings and Edge seem to have the most enhancements.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2016
  6. Jack07 Win User
    Too risky as I use it on my main pc.
    I'm gonna let the new features bake till next week.. *Biggrin

That was added in 14295 or in a previous version.

Jack07, Apr 5, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I didn't see it but I'll take your word.

I like the new dark theme option.. using it right now:
    Screen shot:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2016
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

Maybe just put Win10 Insider builds on another NTFS volume ( dual boot ) with a stable OS like I do a 100 - 150 GB NTFS volume is more than enough with dedicated media storage on another NTFS volume or hdd's *really

While I backup and use the test builds for a daily driver on this PC a stable OS on a different NTSF volume or hdd is a must have or run Win inside builds in a VM *really

9. Mine is done downloading today's presents I'm about to lift (copy) the new ESD out the $WINDOWS.~BT sources folder to a named folder and xtra copy on the other NTFS volume before the WU re start - up date install or mount an ISO if the WU install routine stalls like it has before....... you (usually) have to by pass the check for updates when it does all that .*Cool

10. sgage Win User
    It's about half-way downloaded here. Seems like everyone is getting it pretty quick this time around - I often don't see it until the day after it is flighted.

sgage, Apr 5, 2016
  11. waltc Win User
    Downloading now...hope they've fixed the EVO Magician 9.4.5 but that won't allow the boot SSD to query the bus as long as Secure Boot is turned on! 14295 required me to turn off secure boot to install because of that...happened with 14279, but not with with 14291.

waltc, Apr 5, 2016
  12. Do I have to sign up to be able to activate it or even use it? *Think I would love to try this out! *Biggrin Could I install it on a Virtual Machine or better off with installing it on my actual computer. Any advice or help is appreciated! *Biggrin

Computer Chicken, Apr 5, 2016
  13. Berton Win User

This build screwed up my display, took 1440x900 away and gave me 1400x1050, just a little bit skewed of things that should be round but are slightly ovaled. Somewhat irritating since this computer and the other 3 connected through a KVM worked just fine with 1440x900.

Berton, Apr 5, 2016
  14. waltc Win User
    So far, this build is the best yet--the scannow command has apparently been fixed in this build, my network printers--for the first time ever--remained installed after the upgrade, and even though the boot SSD Magician 4.9.5 drivers again failed to run their diagnostics with secure boot on, and Magician still thinks my SATA III bus is not working, the 14316 upgrade installed first time without a hitch from my SATA III AHCI EVO 850 boot drive, also a first--I've always had to turn secure boot off in order to get some builds--like 14295--to install!

Very nice build so far--really like the "dark mode"--just right! Everything is shaping up nicely! This one has to be the best build yet!

Wanted to add that they did another thing I asked for months ago but thought I'd never see in Win10--they activated the Defender program icon in the systray whenever the program is turned on--so it's in the systray now from boot up! Previously in Win10 we had to actually open Defender from Settings before the icon would appear in the systray. I've always liked it being there all the time when the program is running so that I'll know the program is running as it should and I won't have to open it just to make sure of that.

waltc, Apr 6, 2016
  15. cool..
    downloaded..
    just off to get the latest AMD BETA gfx driver..*Rolleyes

BugMeister, Apr 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.Starting with today’s build, Windows Insiders will notice that the name of the...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14251 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Sharp-eyed Insiders likely noted the big jump in build numbers from our last preview build (11102). Historically, the codebase for...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Today, we are releasing Build 14279 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Here’s what’s new in Build 14279 Cortana in more languages: With this build, we are enabling Cortana for the Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14267 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Just to quickly recap the changes we’ve made to rings for Insiders in 2016: 1. We introduced the new Release Preview ring last...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Welcome to 2016 and a new year full of new builds for Windows Insiders. Today we have a new PC build we’re releasing to Insiders in the Fast ring: Build 11099. As with the previous build, this build does...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. With this build, you won’t see big noticeable changes or new features just yet. Right now, the team is...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14257 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. As I mentioned last week, we’re at the beginning of a new development cycle for our next feature update to Windows 10. Teams are...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525: It has been amazing to see the impact that Windows Insiders have made since we launched the program last year. Your feedback has helped us fix bugs and make changes which resulted in a better product because of your input. Thank you to all of the Windows Insiders who have...