Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; System Restore is Off by default after upgrade, again! I checked mine and it was "ON", thought they fixed it. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 5, 2016.

1. meebers Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

I checked mine and it was "ON", thought they fixed it.

meebers, Apr 6, 2016
  2. JohnC Win User

You may want to look at this first. Home page - Windows Insider Program . There is a procedure to join the insider program and start getting insider builds.

JohnC, Apr 6, 2016
  3. Thanks! *Biggrin

Computer Chicken, Apr 6, 2016
  4. Alphamale Win User

I just did mine. Went into settings and set it to fast. Probably take a while to get a new update like today's
    OS Build 10586.164

Alphamale, Apr 6, 2016
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 [​IMG]

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 [​IMG]

*Smile

Cluster Head, Apr 6, 2016
  6. badrobot Win User
    Just making my ISO now for the clean install...

badrobot, Apr 6, 2016
  7. In Build 14316 you can adjust Windows Update to indicate heavy use time & avoid updates & interruptions.

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

Cluster Head, Apr 6, 2016
  8. linw Win User

Off, AGAIN, here, as well. I wonder why we can't be told why they would do this? Just like I wondered why it took months to tell us they had stuffed the network discovery!!

That aside, installed fine, as usual, and runs well.

9. Nice to know sfc /scannow has returned!

johnwerneken, Apr 6, 2016
  10. Dang, another build where DWM is completely borked for me. Any time I do anything graphically intensive, dwm.exe/udwm.dll start faulting over and over and over, rendering the computer unusable.

I was really stoked for all the awesome changes in this build. Guess I'll have to roll back to 14279. *cry

blackroseMD1, Apr 6, 2016
  11. So far 14316 looks decent .

Contrary to decades old conventional Wisdom and good arguments to this day of clean installing widows (every time ) I just rolled in 14316 over 14295 out of WU today like I been doing since shortly after RTM 10240 and mostly clean installs prior to that.

I havent done anthing significant beyond popping up here on Ten Forums in 14316 (its only been running for some minutes )

I can't attribute any performance problems/improvements or any negative consequences either way from these update/overwrite installs vs clean installs since 10240 RTM or before that unless it was resolving a specific problem or a few of them like it did prior to 10240 RTM .

ofc. YMMV it's Windows after all .

I always roll out a fresh ESD copy from the new build WU downloads first thing and stash it in a named folder in case I need to make an ISO.

I had to use those via mounting them from within windows twice recently when the install set up stalled at checking updates . I by passed all that on the ISO you don't get that option on a direct WU re start/overwrite update install like I did today .

OTOH today's WU overwrite install was as smooth as a new u know what and fairly quick .

I had to roll back a couple of Insider builds until the next one since 10240 RTM (I was tempted on some others ) and also to clean install on those but new builds rolled in ~ soon enough anyway

ofc.like anybody that been around Windows for a while I was very tempted to try clean installs on some of the builds that mis behaved since 10240 RTM and for all I know that might have fixed all that anyway.

I wont knock anyone for preferring a clean install I been using windows long enough to know better since Win 3.1 and DOS to be exact .

There is a new WD notification Icon in the task bar notification area that's fine with me I'm on a 27" and 4K 55" second screen here on this box anyway .

All the basic search bar/task bar /start menu ,Chrome Browser and Windows run tume apps ,mail client and desktop seem fine along with desktop,task bar and start menu tile positions (this time) .

Some of my previously *(always slow to load on any OS )* x86 .exe desktop programs are loading significantly faster now some virtually instantly and on a metal hdd no less . I always check that with a new build just because and this is the first time I've seen any significant improvement . We'll see if all that holds up on those specific x86.exe programs and the others stay tuned .

I'm thinking maybe they did some more code optimization and maybe HDD and physical memory compression and or memory caching improvements to the motor .

I'm thinking of running Pass-mark x64 memory & hdd I/O throughput benchmarks and comparing those results to prior Insider builds & (Prior Windows 7 x64 results ) all on the same NTFS hdd and configuration .

FWIW these specific benchmarks have been unfailingly and significantly slower on Windows 10 and *all the test builds* than win 7 x64 sp1 since I started keeping data in ~late Jan 2015 or specifically (9926 ) or whatever it was ...*maybe something has changed today * stay tuned .

OTOH I'm going to be busy for the next week or so with the EA & bansters and maybe managed fund folks looking for some signigficant large in 2015 tax remediation strategy or deferred tax diversified investment this year it's criminal what they do to some of us for making a buck or some decent cap gains or whatever

blutos cousin, Apr 6, 2016
  12. linw Win User
    EDGE
    - wonder when an ad blocker will be added? Ever? Give me Ghostery or an equivalent.
    - wonder when the glacial changes to Favorites editing/adding will speed up? We can now have names or no names but not some with names and some without. And we can't drag a new site and drop it onto the Favorites bar. And, to top it off, the name edit only shows the new name for the first change. After that, it requires you to restart Edge to see the change!

This is just amateurish. It may be a good browser but most of us won't know because we want the simple things done right before we switch.

Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.Starting with today’s build, Windows Insiders will notice that the name of the...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14251 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Sharp-eyed Insiders likely noted the big jump in build numbers from our last preview build (11102). Historically, the codebase for...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Today, we are releasing Build 14279 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Here’s what’s new in Build 14279 Cortana in more languages: With this build, we are enabling Cortana for the Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14267 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Just to quickly recap the changes we’ve made to rings for Insiders in 2016: 1. We introduced the new Release Preview ring last...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Welcome to 2016 and a new year full of new builds for Windows Insiders. Today we have a new PC build we’re releasing to Insiders in the Fast ring: Build 11099. As with the previous build, this build does...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. With this build, you won’t see big noticeable changes or new features just yet. Right now, the team is...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14257 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. As I mentioned last week, we’re at the beginning of a new development cycle for our next feature update to Windows 10. Teams are...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525: It has been amazing to see the impact that Windows Insiders have made since we launched the program last year. Your feedback has helped us fix bugs and make changes which resulted in a better product because of your input. Thank you to all of the Windows Insiders who have...