Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Action center moved to the right of the clock. New User Account Control look. System restore turned off again and when turned on still shows 0% until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Peggsie, Apr 21, 2016.

1. CountMike New Member

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

Action center moved to the right of the clock.
    New User Account Control look.
    System restore turned off again and when turned on still shows 0% until set to something else.

CountMike, Apr 21, 2016
  2. badrobot Win User

New build to play with! But probably not till Wed next week... haha...

badrobot, Apr 21, 2016
  3. AndreTen Win User
    It is now listed under known issues. It is about links being longer than 260 characters.

AndreTen, Apr 21, 2016
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

After turning on the Computer and switching from local to M$ account "Downloading Updates" was already at 58% when I checked WU.*Party

IownAmoneyPit, Apr 21, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Still have mixed feeling about that, but leaning towards liking it *Smile

AndreTen, Apr 21, 2016
  6. magilla Win User
    Thanks. I did read the known issues section but missed that one!

magilla, Apr 21, 2016
  7. JohnC Win User
    It came early again *Dinesh

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile [​IMG]

JohnC, Apr 21, 2016
  8. waltc Win User

Downloading now...Hope it's better than 14316...which is the best build yet (for my desktop)...*Wink Amazing what thrills me in my dotage...*chuckle

OK, to report...I am preparing for the third try to install--twice it has failed to install. On the second attempt I turned off secure-boot as that has caused earlier build to fail--went further than the first try, but still failed and restored the previous build 14316. Now I shall try again with the Microsoft VGA driver...probably won't help.

No go...this build's a bust!

EDIT: Finally got it to install, but unless I can fix a few things I will be reverting to 14316...! I had to turn off all "Windows 8" functionality in my UEFI bios to get it to install--fastboot, secure-boot--all of it. Finally installed on the fourth try. But this build is so buggy it seems like 4 steps back from 14316, which I thought was the best build yet (for my system.)

1) My log in pass word credentials show up as blank--I type in my password and log in but there is no visible feedback for it in the password box...!

2) I cannot get Feedback to even run--despite waiting hours for it to "hydrate"

3) Programs I usually run from the systray icons won't run at all...like the AMD Radeon Settings--just begins loading and the freezes--have to stop the task to get out

4) Firefox x64 DE won't run legibly with GPU acceleration turned on (was running superbly in 14316)--and the browser is locking up frequently

This is only what I've noticed so far Don't see any reason to stick with this build if I cannot correct/work around these really bad bugs...

EDIT 2: Reverted to 14316...*much* better & and all is well...even feedback works again. Thought it was kind of strange to see them release an insider build in which they knew that Feedback was at least semi-borked! Looks like about 10 steps back in this build. The main danger I can see ahead for Microsoft with this "include the lowest common hardware denominator" game they are playing is borking things up so that people who own even semi-powerful x86 desktop hardware find their experience completely compromised.

waltc, Apr 21, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    Installing now on my desktop and phone. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 21, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    Phone (Lumia 640 DS) just started getting the build, 2 days ago I got 322.

CountMike, Apr 21, 2016
  11. AndreTen Win User
    It is a long list! *Wink

Running almost great so far. Gone from keyboard for 10 min and freeze while going to sleep *Sad
    Otherwise, I like new Start menu and notification changes.

AndreTen, Apr 21, 2016
  12. Kari Win User
    Geeks, I am sorry about this off topic post but I shamelessly advertise this here because I guess this thread will be the most read thread in next 24 hours or so *Wink

Quote from PowerShell OneGet - Install Apps from Command Line - Windows 10 Forums

13. AndreTen Win User

Thanks Kari! I will join your presentation, if I only find time (Saturday evening you know).

Will it be possible to watch offline?

AndreTen, Apr 21, 2016
  14. Kari Win User
    Yes, I will post the meeting recording in the tutorial thread later on.

Please all other questions in the tutorial thread, to keep this thread on topic: PowerShell OneGet - Install Apps from Command Line - Windows 10 Forums

15. magilla Win User
    I had been so disenchanted with 14316 I went back to previous build. This build seems smoother for me, at least for what I use it for. It is disheartening to learn that you had freeze while going to sleep. I had so many freezes with 14316, Maybe after a few reboots the freeze issue will disappear. I too like a number of the changes.

magilla, Apr 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. What’s new in Build 14946 Customizing your precision...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 3/30: Today we are moving Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! I spent a few days this week at our Worldwide Partner Conference in Toronto this week and one of the most exciting things for me was how much people are talking about the Windows Insider Program....
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile: UPDATE: July 15th 2016 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello my Windows Insiders! I’m at the Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) this week to meet partners and customers to understand the needs of their businesses...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! Since you all seemed to like the breakneck build pace last week, we’re starting the week off right and releasing not one, not two, not three…but *four* builds today. Today we are releasing Build...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. In addition to devices that shipped with Windows 10 such as the Lumia 550, 650,...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14951 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14951 for PC and Mobile: Update: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] *** Edit 2016.10.20 - 6:10PM *** THANK YOU to all the Windows Insiders who have provided us feedback on getting stuck at 0% while trying to download Build 14951 on their devices. We have narrowed this down to a new...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! Surprise! Today we are releasing Build 14385 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. But wait – it’s the weekend!? We’re churning out builds like crazy and this one has a few...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. There are some very cool new things in this build, including one of the top requested...