Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] I will say this much Tommy: I waited and waited (while on build 14295) and never DID get 14316 through Windows Update. What I did was restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Peggsie, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Word Man Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

I will say this much Tommy: I waited and waited (while on build 14295) and never DID get 14316 through Windows Update. What I did was restore my Insider partition from a Macrium Reflect image taken back on February 6, 2016 that I had clean installed (build 14257 ?? can't check right now, still at work). AFTER THAT, the 14316 update came through the next morning.

Hoping I don't have to go through the same rigmarole to get today's build!*Sad

Word Man, Apr 21, 2016
  2. AFTommy Win User

Someone already advised to to do a disk clean for system files and be sure to remove previous windows installs. So thanks but I don't think I do what you suggest.

AFTommy, Apr 22, 2016
  3. CountMike New Member
    Phone updated too but took good 2 hours to download and install.

CountMike, Apr 22, 2016
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

14328 ASAP Downloading at 11:30am as soon as I went to hit the Security & Updates tab on the first VM on the second desktop I was at. The second Pro VM on the main hasn't been seen to as well as the 10 Home VM but the first TH2 updated through each build has an interesting twist!

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile [​IMG]

Since I have the second Pro VM I won't be worried about nuking this one since the user account can't be replaced! After re-enabling the Built in system admin account and nuking the main MS account the entire layout for adding new user accounts has seen a large change. The Add new user button was also hit several times and a big No Go on seeing account created. Following a restart after disabling the built in admin it automatically booted back up into it being the only account present.

The initial bug was seeing two user accounts listed while only having the one when trying to configure the autoadminlogin option. I figured that came about in between builds and tried to locate and remove the duplicate not to be found only on the lock screen. No biggie! however since was now a spare after seeing the second pro VM set up.

Night Hawk, Apr 22, 2016
  5. - commencing countdown, engines on..*Smile

BugMeister, Apr 22, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    So far I've only had a problem starting one program. When I tried to run eM Client I got the spinning circle then nothing. I tried three times with same results. Then I tried rebooting the computer and running eM Client again. First I got the spinning circle. The second time I got a message about looking for a corrupt data base. Went into services and disabled eM Client and tried running it again. I got the same message about a corrupt data base. Then it loaded and has been running fine. I'm not home now I'll test it more when I get home. Testing the new build on my Lumia 640XL. So far so good. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 22, 2016
  7. EdTittel Win User
    I've got Win10 Pro on a Dell Venue Pro 11 7130, and Win10 Enterprise on a homebrew PC, both now upgraded to Build 14328. Interestingly I ran into driver issues on both machines with the network interface. The Killer e2200 has been a chronic issue of this kind: apparently it's not in the standard bag of drivers that MS maintains. The Dell has a rebranded Atheros Wi-Fi/BT interface named Dell Wireless 1537 802.11 a/b/g/n. It's been hit-or-miss for me whether or not the installer catches and installs a driver. This time, it did not. Good thing I have an ASIX USB 3.0-GbE dongle that I can plug into either machine and jack into my local GbE wired Ethernet here in the office. Both took less than 5 minutes each to fix, because I've done them many times before.

Other interesting observations:
    1. The O2 Micro SD card reader on the VP 11 also got munged: showed up in DevMgr with a yellow exclamation point. Repair install of driver took care of that.
    2. Had to reinstall Intel RST on the VP 11 as well, because AHCI driver got rolled back a couple of generations.
    3. Also had to repair install the SM Bus driver on the Dell, too.
    4. No other driver problems on the homebrew desktop.
    5. Running RAPR (DriverStore Explorer) on both machines, found numerous duplicate/outdated drivers in that store after the upgrade install finished. All are now cleaned out (can provide details if anybody's interested).
    6. Reclaimed over 20 GB of disk space on both C: drives after the upgrade, getting rid of the Windows.old hierarchy (16+ GB), and the Temporary Windows Installation files (3.6 GB)

So far, though, everything seems to be running OK and I'm having fun exploring all the new interface stuff. Especially like Windows Update and the Action Center changes.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 22, 2016
  8. linw Win User

Smooth install here. Looking good.

9. BunnyJ New Member
    Looks good so far as well. I like the new start menu and the changes to the action center. The new ICON for explorer is nice.,

I would love to see MS give us tabbed browsing for Explorer some time.

BunnyJ, Apr 22, 2016
  10. fjk61011 Win User
    14328 hasn't shown up on my PC yet so I made a DVD from my wife's PC. I installed 14328 in Hyper-V to see the clean install process.

fjk61011, Apr 22, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    THAT would be awesome! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 22, 2016
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Apr 22, 2016
  13. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

Two VMs down one DOA! The other two one Home and the second Pro VM are still in Part 1 of 3 and the second desktop froze up on the restart and somehow lost the MS account! Once I added a new MS account again after a hard boot into the Local only I suddenly see "Glad to see you back! A restart is now required to finish installing an update" and now the circle of dots is actually making progress there.

The main last on the list isn't quite seeing the 14328 yet as some Visual update lingers on a bit. But once that is done with the latest will be found downloading once again. The two VMs hopefully are being recorded or will end up being a large dark rectangle on the second display there where I manually wrapped the screen. Been trying to record a VM upgrade for a bit now.

Night Hawk, Apr 22, 2016
  14. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Not too overwhelmed by this build.
    Rather slow and sluggish, not snappy at all.

Eventviewer is not happy either, still the same errors. DCOM and the usual suspects...

Wish MS would concentrate on the essence instead of the aesthetics.

All in all, and it's entirely my subjective impression, it feels as if it taxes the resources a lot: slow and messy.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 22, 2016
  15. Wynona Win User
    Yep, I heard about that an hour or so ago. When I got home, I just had to restart and then took a nap. When I woke up, it was done except for the finalization.

Wynona, Apr 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. What’s new in Build 14946 Customizing your precision...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 3/30: Today we are moving Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! I spent a few days this week at our Worldwide Partner Conference in Toronto this week and one of the most exciting things for me was how much people are talking about the Windows Insider Program....
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile: UPDATE: July 15th 2016 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello my Windows Insiders! I’m at the Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) this week to meet partners and customers to understand the needs of their businesses...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! Since you all seemed to like the breakneck build pace last week, we’re starting the week off right and releasing not one, not two, not three…but *four* builds today. Today we are releasing Build...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. In addition to devices that shipped with Windows 10 such as the Lumia 550, 650,...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14951 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14951 for PC and Mobile: Update: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] *** Edit 2016.10.20 - 6:10PM *** THANK YOU to all the Windows Insiders who have provided us feedback on getting stuck at 0% while trying to download Build 14951 on their devices. We have narrowed this down to a new...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! Surprise! Today we are releasing Build 14385 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. But wait – it’s the weekend!? We’re churning out builds like crazy and this one has a few...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. There are some very cool new things in this build, including one of the top requested...