Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Installation when well with no issues. ESD to ISO completed and Disk Cleanup run. No problems with time settings. I did not try and install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 2, 2016.

1. WEKJR Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile

Installation when well with no issues. ESD to ISO completed and Disk Cleanup run. No problems with time settings. I did not try and install Malwarebytes because of the MSFT warning...no reason to blue screen until they remove the warning. It is a bit of a surprise that it has been an issue thru at least 3 builds.

WEK

WEKJR, Nov 3, 2016

2. WU didn't detect the last build for some reason so had to resort to other means to get the 14955 update. Happy to report that WU has seen 14959 and is downloading it as we speak! Yeah!

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile [​IMG]

rogerwilco91, Nov 3, 2016
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile [​IMG]

This is a screenshot of my Windows 10 VM which was by running VMware Converter (physical to VM) from a previous Windows 10 Preview Edition on my physical machine (custom build - see my specs). I then transferred the VM to my openSUSE Linux partition and use it as a shared VM. Still no time sync as you can.

I'll make my ISO and then boot into Windows and see that upgrade.

Ta Ta

martyfelker, Nov 3, 2016
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile

This is weird. WU is stuck at 99% for the last 10 minutes. Usually the last 1% completes downloading quickly. Hmm....

rogerwilco91, Nov 3, 2016
  5. magilla Win User
    Winona, I am so sorry to know of your daughter's problems. I am glad she is doing well. I knew I had missed your posts for a while. Just know you and your daughter are in my prayers.

magilla, Nov 3, 2016
  6. Wynona Win User
    Thank you, kind sir.

Wynona, Nov 3, 2016
  7. Wynona Win User
    Thanks, Magilla.

Wynona, Nov 3, 2016
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile

Trying to update now from my physical machine. Needed to re-install Build 14955 fresh to temporarily remove GRUB (but not for long!).
    The time sync problem was still there as expected and here's another symptom besides the fact that trying to set Internet time in CP shows error access denied. Manually set time zone to Eastern, rebooted, and the time was still 3 hours ahead (4 AM when it should have been 1AM). Had to manually set the correct time. Thus a very significant bug.

Now I'm still not being presented with 14959 but I did have to correct an error in WU trying to install my Radeon Driver. Used AMD autodetect utility to manually update the driver.

Tomorrow is my 22nd wedding anniversary. Hope to get the update then. Good night for now

martyfelker, Nov 3, 2016
  9. Kari Win User
    Note Notice please: the following is how it works on all my Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 physical and virtual machines representing my personal opinion based on my experience. Other users might have issues I don't have.

Manual time sync at least on all my machines works. I get the same error message:

However, the error message says nothing about sync failing, in fact I have tested this several times on 7, 8.1 and 10: time will be synced, working as it should, but due this "Access denied" system can't get and show the status (success / fail) of the manual sync.

10. Cliff S New Member
    Maybe time sync is handled from the host?
    Just like in advanced power options in control panel the settings cannot be changed, as they are handled through the host.
    There are a few other options and settings that cannot be changed/tweaked in a VM(at least on Hyper-V VMs).

Cliff S, Nov 3, 2016
  11. Kari Win User
    The behaviour is the same on physical machines and virtual machines. "Access denied" for the status report will also be given even when sync is run as admin (Cortana > timedate.cpl > Right click, Run as administrator).

12. Cliff S New Member
    *Huh*Shock*Eek

Cliff S, Nov 3, 2016
  13. Cliff S New Member

Turn off Scan for rootkits when running MBAM on this build.
    It will cause a BSOD if you don't.

Cliff S, Nov 3, 2016
  14. kado897 Win User
    Being an ornery fellow Cliff I just ran a scan with rootkits checked. No BSOD so it appears not to affect everyone. Running a 32bit system in VirtualBox.

kado897, Nov 3, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Could have been a hiccup, or a Hyper-V thing.
    I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Cliff S, Nov 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. What’s new in Build 14946 Customizing your precision...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 3/30: Today we are moving Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile: UPDATE: July 15th 2016 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello my Windows Insiders! I’m at the Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) this week to meet partners and customers to understand the needs of their businesses...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! Since you all seemed to like the breakneck build pace last week, we’re starting the week off right and releasing not one, not two, not three…but *four* builds today. Today we are releasing Build...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile: 14328 is coming down the pipe right now! down loading now. 48094
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. In addition to devices that shipped with Windows 10 such as the Lumia 550, 650,...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14951 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14951 for PC and Mobile: Update: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] *** Edit 2016.10.20 - 6:10PM *** THANK YOU to all the Windows Insiders who have provided us feedback on getting stuck at 0% while trying to download Build 14951 on their devices. We have narrowed this down to a new...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! Surprise! Today we are releasing Build 14385 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. But wait – it’s the weekend!? We’re churning out builds like crazy and this one has a few...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. There are some very cool new things in this build, including one of the top requested...