Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14971 for PC

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14971 for PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Try Winaero Tweaker, worked for me Yep, it does it ! Hate those stupid arrows. Now just to get old Paint (Mspaint.exe) back in addition to Paint 3D.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 16, 2016.

1. CountMike New Member

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14971 for PC

Yep, it does it ! Hate those stupid arrows. Now just to get old Paint (Mspaint.exe) back in addition to Paint 3D. Tried transferring it from MR image but doesn't work (Unable to create new document message). Works while .mrimg is mounted. Probably on account of some dependency missing.

CountMike, Nov 17, 2016
  2. Winuser Win User

I think this is a first for me. When I checked System Restore it was still set to On. *Smile

Winuser, Nov 17, 2016
  3. CountMike New Member
    Not here but tnx for the reminder to turn it on.

CountMike, Nov 17, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

+1,, it only takes a few minutes to reset the options for browser or any other program/app. It's part of the process.

BunnyJ, Nov 17, 2016
  5. fjk61011 Win User
    I left PC to percolate overnight forgetting it deletes install.esd after reboot. Rolled back to ...65 with Macrium image. Picked up ...71 immediately. Clean installing now.

fjk61011, Nov 17, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    BTW, windows.old didn't delete all the way, there was an empty entry for Notes update left in it. Had to take ownership to be able to delete it.

CountMike, Nov 17, 2016
  7. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Worked fine for me and much, much faster than before too.

I do get quite a few errors and warnings in Event Viewer though....*Sad

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 17, 2016
  8. Wynona Win User

Wynona, Nov 17, 2016
  9. Wynona Win User
    And, since there's Feedback, I have the right to raise my objections, Dencal. So, I did!

Wynona, Nov 17, 2016
  10. jarome Win User
    In previous releases,, it said that updates might not install with 3rd party anti-virus apps installed. I see this warning is gone. His this actually been fixed?

jarome, Nov 17, 2016
  11. JimWiz1 Win User
    F14Tomcat, CountMike, Wynona, Thanks for the offers of help. I read the notes before installing 14971 and made sure I had the command prompt on the right click at the start button. I have been using the Kari tut all along and have been able to simply copy the install.esd to the ESDtoISO folder, click the File tab on the folder and select Open command prompt, pick administrator and type the command line in the window. That option no longer exists with this version. Right clicking on the ESDtoISO.cmd and running as administrator in the folder did the trick. Again, thanks,
    Live long and Prosper,

JimWiz1, Nov 17, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    You just described most direct way to do it. I've been doing it like that from the beginning. First few lines of readme.txt point to that way:
    Make sure the ESD file is not read-only or blocked.

- Extract this pack to a folder with simple path to avoid troubles (example: C:\ESD).

- You may start the process using any of these ways:
    # Copy/Move ESD file to the same folder besides the script, then open the script

# Drag & drop ESD file on decrypt.cmd

# Directly open decrypt.cmd and you will be prompted to enter the ESD file path

CountMike, Nov 17, 2016
  13. f14tomcat Win User

@JimWiz1

If you want a command line or really need a command line, in Powershell type cmd and enter. Voila!

f14tomcat, Nov 17, 2016
  14. linw Win User
    Mine was off, as usual.

15. Kari Win User
    Simple WIN + R > CMD works, too.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14971 for PC [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14971 for PC - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14901 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14901 for PC: UPDATE 2: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 1: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello Windows Insiders! THANK YOU for helping us release the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to our customers last week! We...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15046 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15046 for PC: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15046 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. As you can see, we have done quite a few experiments in the Creator’s Update...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14371 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14371 for PC: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hey Windows Insiders! Time to show our PCs some love. We think you’ll really like this update. Today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14371 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Here’s what’s new in...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342 for PC: UPDATE 5/18/2016: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 5/18: Today we are releasing Build 14342 to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. With this build, Insiders in the Slow ring...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15061 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15061 for PC: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15061 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC We fixed an issue...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 for PC: UPDATE: November 9th 2015 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 11/9: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 is now available to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. Hi...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15025 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15025 for PC: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15025 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring as the primary build for the second...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC: Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Not only does this build have a good set of bug fixes and fit-an-finish, it also includes a few new things for you to try. Here’s what’s new in this build:...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10547 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10547 for PC: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10547 to Windows Insiders on the Fast ring. As usual, this build includes bug fixes and improvements over Build 10532 and also includes some new things...