Windows 10: Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10

Discus and support Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10 How to Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can add and remove voice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10

How to: Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10

How to Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10

In Windows 10, you can add and remove voice packages for a language for your device and apps. For example, text-to-speech (TTS) voices for Narrator.

Starting in language packs.

See also: Appendix A: Supported languages and voices | Windows Support

This tutorial will show you how to add and remove voice packages for a text-to-speech (TTS) language for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to add and remove speech voices in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Add Speech Voices by Adding Language
    1. Add a language (click on link) you want with at least the Text-to-speech language feature checked. (see screenshots below)

Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Add Speech Voices in Settings without Adding Language
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Time & Language icon.

2. Click/tap on Speech on the left side, and click/tap on Add voices under Manage voices on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Select (check) one or more languages you want to install all voices for that language, and click/tap on Add. (see screenshot below)

*note You can view which voices are available in each package for a language here: Appendix A: Supported languages and voices | Windows Support

4. The voice package(s) of the selected language(s) will now be added. (see screenshot below)

5. To use new voices, close and reopen Settings as well as any apps that use voices.

OPTION THREE [/i] Remove Speech Voices in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Time & Language icon.

2. Click/tap on Speech on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Manage voices on the right side, click/tap on the language (ex: "Spanish (Mexico)") of an installed voice package you want to uninstall, and click/tap on Remove.

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 19, 2018
  2. grecinos Win User

How do you change the text to speech voice in a (Windows) vbscript?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a text to speech vbscript. The problem I'm having is that I can only select between 3 voices. I have 8 available in Windows 10.

Here is my code:

Code: set voice = CreateObject("SAPI.SpVoice") set voice.Voice = voice.GetVoices.Item(1) voice.Rate = 1 voice.Volume = 90 voice.Speak TextMessage[/quote] I get a vbs error message when I choose a number greater than 2 for the voice.GetVoices.Item(1) parameter.

Error: 0x80045039
    Code: 80045039
    Source: (null)

Any suggestions?

TIA,

grecinos

grecinos, Oct 27, 2019
  3. enrix Win User
    word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

Hello

I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I use text to speech on Word 2010 the voice is always that of MS Hazel desktop and I do not seem to be able to change it. Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

enrix, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10

Speech recognition errors

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query regarding speech recognition on the software you are using for Speech Recognizer. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• How many language packs are installed and enabled on your computer and what are they?

• Does this happen with all the language packs in the computer?

• What are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

• Did you try any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?
    The issue might be due to settings on your computer. Let’s refer to the following suggestion and check the issue status.

Refer to these steps and check the issue status.

• Press Windows and X keys together.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Open Control Panel then Speech Recognition Options.

• In the upper right of the Speech Recognition Option window click
      Advanced Speech Options.

• Remove the checkmark next to, ‘Allow computer to review your documents’.

• Click Apply and click OK
    Refer below article to Use Speech Recognition:

Voice recognition in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-voice-recognition-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Oct 27, 2019
  6. grecinos Win User
    How do you change the text to speech voice in a (Windows) vbscript?

I've been doing some research on this topic for about an hour. All of the tutorials that I've found indicates to use this format in order to change the voice:
    Code: set voice.Voice = voice.GetVoices.Item(i)[/quote] I found the code that returns the number of available text to speech voices via a vbscript:
    Code: voice.GetVoices.Count[/quote] When I run that line of code, I get "3" as the return value. I clearly have 8 installed, though. My intuition is that there must be a way to enable all available voices somewhere in the Windows 10 OS. Just a guess...

Any thoughts?

grecinos, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10

1. Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Speech

2. I want to add Arabic speech voice to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to add Arabic speech voice to windows 10: I cant add arabic voice in windows 10 it gives arrors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-add-arabic-speech-voice-to-windows-10/b56f294e-a5d4-4963-8cdf-a73de1a83ae2
  3. I want to add Arabic speech voice to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to add Arabic speech voice to windows 10: I cant add arabic voice in windows 10 it gives arrors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-add-arabic-speech-voice-to-windows-10/b56f294e-a5d4-4963-8cdf-a73de1a83ae2
  4. I can't remove Text to Speech voice via Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't remove Text to Speech voice via Settings: I tried to remove a text to speech language pack that I no longer want via Settings, but the Remove button is faded and disabled. Is there another way to do so like removing it via Regedit or File Explorer?...
  5. Speech recognition and voice clips security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Speech recognition and voice clips security: You want to save and use our voice clips and speech recognition audio for the purpose of helping to make the experience better. You state that no sensitive or personal audio is kept or used outside of Microsoft. What do you do with audio that happens to insinuate a type of...
  6. Remove text to speech voice without going to Settings.

Remove text to speech voice without going to Settings.: I have a problem. In Settings > Time and Language > Speech, whenever I click on a voice, the remove button is faded and won't let me remove the voice. Is there any other way to do this?...
  7. Text-To-Speech voices not installing properly

Text-To-Speech voices not installing properly: As part of a development project, I downloaded/installed some new TTS files: English-Australia Voices: James/Catherine, English-Great Britain Voices: George/Hazel/Susan & English-Ireland Voices: Sean. All voices worked properly after installation using the "Preview Voice"...
  8. Problem with the Text to Speech voices in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Problem with the Text to Speech voices in Windows 10: Hi, I am running a Windows 10 machine with all current updates installed. From the get go all text-to-speech voices sound very distorted and noisy, high pitched. It is by far not how the usual Windows 10 voices sound. YouTube videos play fine with good sound. Just the...
  9. Windows 10 Text To Speech Voice Offline Installers

Windows 10 Text To Speech Voice Offline Installers: I am looking for a way to install additional TTS voices without internet access. Are there offline installers for the microsoft voices? I need at least Hedda german and Hortense french? Any other Ideas?...
  10. Speech Settings Remove Speech Voice Grayed out

Speech Settings Remove Speech Voice Grayed out: I have tried to remove United Kingdom from my Speech settings but its just Grayed out and i don't know how to solve it. Does anybody or Microsoft Know how to fix it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. add voices to windows phone

3. cqnnot remove speech voices in window 10

4. add or remove voices windows 10