Windows 10: Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings

Discus and support Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings How to Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings

How to: Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings

How to Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings in Windows 10

Indexing the contents of your PC helps you get faster results when you're searching it for files and other things. Learn how it works.

Indexing is the process of looking at files, email messages, and other content on your PC and cataloging their information, such as the words and metadata in them. When you search your PC after indexing, it looks at an index of terms to find results faster.

When you first run indexing, it can take up to a couple hours to complete. After that, indexing will run in the background on your PC as you use it, only re-indexing updated data.

Starting at least with power mode settings. This will affect the indexer performance.

The Windows performance power slider enables you to quickly and intelligently trade performance of your system for longer battery life. As you switch between the four power modes to trade performance for battery life (or vice versa), Windows power settings are engaged behind the scenes. You are able to customize the default slider mode for both AC and DC, and can also configure the power settings, and PPM options, that are engaged for each slider mode.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off having the search indexer respect the device power mode settings for indexer performance for all users in Windows 10.

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to turn on or off having the search indexer respect the device power mode settings.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Search icon.

2. Click/tap on Searching Windows on the left side, and turn on or off (default) Respect Device Power Mode Settings for what you want under Indexer Performance on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\Gather\Windows\SystemIndex

RespectPowerModes DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_RespectPowerModes_for_search_indexer_performance.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_RespectPowerModes_for_search_indexer_performance.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 17, 2018
  2. malernah Win User

Search Indexing was Turned Off

When searching on Start Menu, it says Search Indexing was Turned Off. When I click on Turn On Indexing, I get Indexing is not running. There's no option to start indexing, and troubleshoot search and indexing doesn't turn it on.

Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings 90359a9b-3438-4cdc-bcbc-c0236190f699.png

Please let me know what steps I can take to troubleshoot and resolve, and I will follow steps and post results of steps.

malernah, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings

Search index settings

Hi Samir,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. This issue may arise due to some corruption or broken index. Kindly refer the below given methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Search and Index troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Jan Del Win User
    Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings

1. Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings - Similar Threads - Turn Off Search

2. Search Indexing constantly turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Indexing constantly turning off: Hi there,I am working IT and am running into an issue with an end user who's search indexing keeps turning off. The temporary fix is to re-index the drive but that lasts a month at most. We have tried all the trouble shooters, forcing services to run, multiple indexing...
  3. Search Indexing constantly turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Indexing constantly turning off: Hi there,I am working IT and am running into an issue with an end user who's search indexing keeps turning off. The temporary fix is to re-index the drive but that lasts a month at most. We have tried all the trouble shooters, forcing services to run, multiple indexing...
  4. Search Indexing always turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Indexing always turning off: I have Windows 11 and I always make sure that it is up to date, however, every time I turn off or restart my laptop. Search Indexing always turns off. It is frustrating and any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!...
  5. Search Indexing always turning off

Search Indexing always turning off: I have Windows 11 and I always make sure that it is up to date, however, every time I turn off or restart my laptop. Search Indexing always turns off. It is frustrating and any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!...
  6. search indexing was turned off issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search indexing was turned off issue: This problem has been on my computer for a very long time and i'd like to fix it without having to reset it, i already tried checking windows search on services, i already rebuilt the search index, ran the troubleshooter, and i even went back to previous a restore point but...
  7. search indexing was turned off issue

search indexing was turned off issue: This problem has been on my computer for a very long time and i'd like to fix it without having to reset it, i already tried checking windows search on services, i already rebuilt the search index, ran the troubleshooter, and i even went back to previous a restore point but...
  8. Searching Index was turned off. Windows Index/Search Service missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching Index was turned off. Windows Index/Search Service missing.: Good day!I have no idea why but my "Searching Index was turned off". When I try entering advanced settings, it says index is not running. I am not able to click anything else other than Advanced. In advanced, I also cannot press nothing other than rebuild index. I have tried...
  9. Searching Index was turned off. Index Service missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching Index was turned off. Index Service missing.: Good day!I have no idea why but my "Searching Index was turned off". When I try entering advanced settings, it says index is not running. I am not able to click anything else other than Advanced. In advanced, I also cannot press nothing other than rebuild index. I have tried...
  10. Turn On or Off Enhanced Mode for Search Indexer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Enhanced Mode for Search Indexer in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Enhanced Mode for Search Indexer in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Enhanced Mode for Search Indexer in Windows 10 Indexing the content of your PC helps you get faster results when your searching it for files, emails, or other local content....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. indexes performance power mode pc on or off