Windows 10: Annoying Defender message after installing Avira AV

Discus and support Annoying Defender message after installing Avira AV in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have installed Avira Anti Virus but every time I start my PC I get a Windows Defender message saying "This application has been turned off and isn't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by anparkinson, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Annoying Defender message after installing Avira AV

I have installed Avira Anti Virus but every time I start my PC I get a Windows Defender message saying "This application has been turned off and isn't monitoring your application".

I am fully aware of this but don't want to be told all the time. How can I stop it coming back. I've looked in all the settings and can't see how. Avira is working fine.

Annoying Defender message after installing Avira AV [​IMG]

:)

anparkinson, Jun 26, 2016
  2. AmirCicak Win User

MsMpEng.exe nightmare

Solved it by disabling Windows Defender completely and installing Avira 3rd party AV software.

AmirCicak, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Windows Defender

Earlier I used Avira Antivirus and then I uninstalled it. When I tried to turn on Windows Defender, it said

'Windows defender real time is off because you are using another AV program. Uninstall your AV program to turn on windows defender.'

But I already I uninstalled the Avira antivirus and woudn't allow me to turn windows defender on. I use windows 10 and when I press turn it on it would take me to the apps and features of the settings and the AV wasn't listed there.

Rev SamPanicker, Jun 26, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Annoying Defender message after installing Avira AV

Defender should have turned itself off with the installation of another AV, but it may not be sensing there is another AV. I'm unfamiliar with Avira but this may be a Win 10 problem associated with the AV. Check the action center to confirm Avira is running. As long as you are sure Avira is running & monitoring your system, you can try turning Defender off all the way, see this tutorial.

Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Borg 386, Jun 26, 2016
  5. Hi. I disabled Defender in the Group Policy Editor as suggested but that generates a new message at start up saying Defender has been turned off by Group Policy which I know. See screen shot below.

Is there a way of stopping all messages?

Annoying Defender message after installing Avira AV [​IMG]

anparkinson, Jun 26, 2016
  6. Borg 386 Win User
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Are you sure your AVIRA version is updated to work under W10?

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Annoying Defender message after installing Avira AV

1. Annoying Defender message after installing Avira AV - Similar Threads - Annoying Defender message

2. Windows Defender AV not disabling

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender AV not disabling: I work for a MSP, and our client has Cylance. For some reason, Windows Defender AV will not disable. Endpoints in question: Windows 10 Pro, domain joined Domain functional level: Windows Server 2012 R2 My first attempt was to configure a domain GPO: Computer...
  3. Defender AV Scan

Defender AV Scan: I know we don't have access to what a quick scan does on a consistent basis, but is there a way of retroactively seeing what was included in said scan? Log files, .cab, etc.? And were would those be located/ what is the preferred way of reading those? Thank you!...
  4. Windows defender AV is gone..

Windows defender AV is gone..: Suddenly defender AV is gone - it doesn't appear in the security at glance menu. As if it is not installed. How can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-av-is-gone/125fbdb3-a6c2-48d2-a9c2-c6ce012c35e3
  5. Annoying message

Annoying message: Annoying message pops up...can't get it deleted.....asking for pass word (that isn't going to happen). Tried shutting off the computer....still came back. Would appreciate help to remove. Thank you...
  6. avira

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    avira: does anyone else have this " avira" on there computer? I dont know what it is doing but its messing up my laptop! and my screen does all kinds of weird stuff the screen ha a mind of its own.i dont know if its an update or if someone is on my laptop.can someone please help...
  7. Is Windows Defender an AV program, and is it enough?

Is Windows Defender an AV program, and is it enough?: When I google what Windows Defender is, it's sometimes referred to as an anti-spyware program, and other times it's called an anti-virus program. Is it both? And is it good enough to use it instead of also getting something like Avast as an anti-virus? I would hope that...
  8. Windows Defender annoying message!!!!

Windows Defender annoying message!!!!: "This app has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer" Appears at every reboot. How do I turn off this f*@king message? I've uninstalled Avira and now have only MSE running which according to MS is now called/migrated to Windows Defender and built in to...
  9. Annoying Message

in Browsers and Email
    Annoying Message: Hello, Every time I decide I want to go to another web page on the same site or to other sites, I get this annoying message from windows IE that asks: "Are you sure you want to leave this page". I would like to get rid of it. Is there a solution? 55371
  10. Annoying message- Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Annoying message- Outlook: Hi I was wondering if anyone could assist me in getting rid of this annoying pop up from (purportedly) Outlook? You can see in the attached .jpg the pop up, and every time you click "OK" it simply pops up again. The password is correct and I know this because I am still able...