Windows 10: Annoying desktop issue with Build 15007

Discus and support Annoying desktop issue with Build 15007 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I like a clean orderly desktop with minimal Icons and no live tiles but this latest build is annoying me! Every restart my desktop icons re arrange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by warewasher2025, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Annoying desktop issue with Build 15007

I like a clean orderly desktop with minimal Icons and no live tiles but this latest build is annoying me! Every restart my desktop icons re arrange them selves.
    Then comes the start menu with all the live tiles. I keep removing them (un pin from start) and have gone to registry tweaks and Group policy settings but no cigar!
    Anyone else have this issue? Short of going back to a previous build any ideas. I know this is a minor thing but little things can be very annoying!
    I have always been a shut down at the end of the day guy.......maybe sleep or hibernate instead?

:)

warewasher2025, Jan 14, 2017

2. WERMGR.EXE keep restarting and using all my internet bandwidth

For those using Insider build 15002-15007 see the response/answer by Support

Build 15007 - No Audio Issue & Workaround

Fixed WERMGR.EXE keep restarting and using all my internet bandwidth

problems for me

Jimbohalo10, Jan 14, 2017
  3. KeanBird Win User
    how do i lock the icons in place in win 10

I have the same problem and have had since being on Win 10 home. I am currently running Insider Build 15007. I installed Desktop Restore - it works.

KeanBird, Jan 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Annoying desktop issue with Build 15007

Please see this huge thread on this.
    Desktop icons keep rearranging

Not everyone experiences this, there are 3rd party solutions, and it's been an issue for some over several generations of Windows.

dalchina, Jan 14, 2017
Thema:

Annoying desktop issue with Build 15007

1. Annoying desktop issue with Build 15007 - Similar Threads - Annoying desktop issue

2. Annoying desktop slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying desktop slideshow: Lately there's been an annoying problem with the slideshow for the desktop background. The slideshow works properly for a while, then this happens: The last picture in the slideshow doesn't not get replaced by the next one. In wanting to move to the next picture, by right...
  3. Annoying desktop slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying desktop slideshow: Lately there's been an annoying problem with the slideshow for the desktop background. The slideshow works properly for a while, then this happens: The last picture in the slideshow doesn't not get replaced by the next one. In wanting to move to the next picture, by right...
  4. Repetitive annoying issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Repetitive annoying issue: I keep having this issue where I recycle files, empty the bin, and by some magical pattern of actions, everything that was deleted manifests across my desktop. I've had to move all the icon/files on my desktop as far right as possible so that when the rebirth happens I know...
  5. Annoying desktop bug!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying desktop bug!: Just updated to 20H2 yesterday after being on 1909 for months. Now I usually tolerate with minor bugs but this one is frustrating annoying. If you guys have a second monitor like me, you would have a second desktop. Now when I have a file or shortcut, right click > Sort By >...
  6. Annoying desktop sizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying desktop sizing: My desktop icons and images are large and elongated. Checked the size and they are set to small. I tried to update the graphics driver but got the message, windows have determined the best driver is already installed. I have the newest graphics driver, I have both an intel...
  7. Build 1809 update annoyances

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 1809 update annoyances: Just an observation when the update from 1803 to 1809 finally completed on my various devices: 1) Graphic driver on my HP Spectre X360 laptop got replaced - why? I reinstalled the driver from HP which works fine for 1809 just like it worked for 1803 - why would the update...
  8. Annoying issue with multiple desktops. Is there a way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying issue with multiple desktops. Is there a way to fix it?: Say I have a desktop 1 with Word open. If I then open another desktop (desktop 2), and then open a word file from my hard drive on desktop 2, windows 10 will take me out of desktop 2, put be back on desktop 1, and then open the file I requested. I then have to open the...
  9. Annoying issues on new Win 10 build

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying issues on new Win 10 build: I built a Win10 machine several months ago and I finally have time to chase down a couple annoyances. The first being noises that emanate when playing music files from any one of three players that I have. When using VLC I get a noise at exactly 1:05 into every music file....
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15007 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15007 for PC and Mobile: Updated: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15007 for PC and Mobile to Windows...