Windows 10: Annoying error in PowerShell

Discus and support Annoying error in PowerShell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a directory E:\Documents\Steve's\New Documents\Tax If I navigate to this directory in explorer, and then use the File->Open Windows Powershell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Swifty, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Swifty Win User

Annoying error in PowerShell

I have a directory E:\Documents\Steve's\New Documents\Tax
    If I navigate to this directory in explorer, and then use the File->Open Windows Powershell mechanism, then Windows PowerShell opens with the error:

The string is missing the terminator: '. + CategoryInfo : ParserError: (*Smile [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : TerminatorExpectedAtEndOfString

There's nothing wrong with a single quote character in a directory, so this must be an error in Powershell.

Is that correct?

:)

Swifty, Sep 10, 2017

2. PowerShell Errors

This is the error I am getting. I do not know how to fix it.

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.

The current user has already installed an unpackaged version of this app. A packaged version cannot replace this. The conflicting package is Microsoft.OpusPG and it was published by CN=Microsoft Corporation,

O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 7cc7b515-bee9-0005-410d-c97ce9bed201 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 7cc7b515-bee9-0005-410d-c97ce9bed201

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-AppxPackage E:\Games\Forza.Horizon.3.BYPASSED\forza.appx

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: (E:\Games\Forza....SSED\forza.appx:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

ZeroGalaxy85062, Sep 10, 2017
  3. John Vil Win User
    PowerShell Errors

Hi,

We have found a discussion similar to the error your are getting when running Powershell. Kindly click on this

link
    and refer to the post by Moolynx for troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Sep 10, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

You need double quotes around filename "E:\Documents\Steve's\New Documents\Tax".

Annoying error in PowerShell [​IMG]

cereberus, Sep 10, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Any idea how to do that when opening Powershell from File Explorer's 'File' tab as the OP is trying to do? Or with the Shift+RightClick context menu?

6. Swifty Win User
    I'm not the one issuing the CD command. I'm using the option inside the "File" entry in Windows Explorer, all done with a couple of mouse clicks...
    Perhaps it's Windows Explorer which needs to punctuate the command it uses to open Pwershell at my directory.

Try it for yourself:

• Open Windows Explorer
    • Navigate to a directory of your choice
    • Create a new directory, maybe "cereberus's"
    • Navigate to this new directory
    • Click the "File" entry in Explorer's ribbon
    • Click "Open Windows Powershell"
    • Marvel at the error message...

Swifty, Sep 10, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    Yeah obviously a silly bug.

I guess quickest way to avoid typing long names is to

1) navigate to folder

2) click on directory icon in name bar

which yields

3) Press ctrl-c to pu on clipboard.

Then open powershell and type CD " , paste clipboard and type final ".

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Annoying error in PowerShell - Similar Threads - Annoying error PowerShell

2. Powershell error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell error: So ive been trying to download this command through powershell but it keeps on giving me this error -* Moved from Insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-error/a4c734f7-a41c-4caf-a226-8eec26b51d87
  3. Powershell error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell error: So ive been trying to download this command through powershell but it keeps on giving me this error -* Moved from Insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-error/a4c734f7-a41c-4caf-a226-8eec26b51d87
  4. Powershell error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PowerShell error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell error: Hello. Ive been having issues using Xbox Game Bar and tried to reinstall it using PowerShell but every time I run the command it comes up with an errorThe command I use is: Get-AppxPackage *Xbox* Remove-AppxPackageI also use Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay...
  6. Powershell error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Powershell error: Hi i am trying to add the below code into windows powershell to fix my spotify app# Get all the provisioned packages $Packages = get-item 'HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Applications' Get-ChildItem # Filter the list if provided a filter...
  7. PowerShell Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell Error: I have been encountering this issue for the past week but I am not sure how long I have had it could be up to about 3-4 months I am wondering what I can do to Fix this error or repair PowerShell...Windows PowerShellCopyright C Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Try...
  8. PowerShell Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell Error: How I disable the message. Plz help me. Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-error/7b937ecd-4543-47cd-a02b-1878e169a79d
  9. Powershell Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Powershell Error: My PC is in Turkish Language btw, and this is the error I got, it's say 3 apps need to be clossed but how ? Apps are these I think 1.Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost 2.Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceH ost_10.0.19041.1_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy....
  10. Annoying Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying Error: [ATTACH] Can anyone help me out to fix this error: Error parsing C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config - Parser returned error 0xC00CE556 This error kept popping every single second or minutes, It's so annoying that it makes my PC to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell is getting error 0xc000007b

2. forza horizon 3 install app failed the conflicting package opus pg

3. open windows powershell as administrator string is missing terminator error

4. 0x000007b error powershell,
  5. powershell how to get rid of error messages