Windows 10: Annoying issues on new Win 10 build

Discus and support Annoying issues on new Win 10 build in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I built a Win10 machine several months ago and I finally have time to chase down a couple annoyances. The first being noises that emanate when playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nashricky, Jan 28, 2018.

1. nashricky Win User

Annoying issues on new Win 10 build

I built a Win10 machine several months ago and I finally have time to chase down a couple annoyances. The first being noises that emanate when playing music files from any one of three players that I have. When using VLC I get a noise at exactly 1:05 into every music file. Probably .25 sec long. Also, when playing youtube videos I get the same exact sound at intervals I have yet to determine but they are pretty regular and spaced probably 5-10 minutes apart. The sound is like a digital stutter for half a sec. I also have some noise that sounds like snaps and pops on vinyl being played on a turntable.

The next problem is weird mouse lag or just really slow to move with what I am doing for brief periods.

This PC is not lacking anywhere except maybe the sound card which is kind of obvious. I am using the built-in sound device but on this machine, I can not see why it would be a problem. For both issues, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, updated whatever drivers. I have not been able to improve on these issues at all.

:)

nashricky, Jan 28, 2018

2. windows 10 explorer hangs when creating a new folder

And one more - Create New Folder hangs for 20-30 seconds before completing in Win 10..... I was surprised to see others with same issue... It is annoying

Lonnie C. Nagel, Jan 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 exits Fullscreen mode in games randomly and sometime on the hour and hour 1/2

Hi,

Is there any news on this? I'm having the same issue as well. The first few months I ran fine on my build and now Netflx, Steam games, Origin games and other applications all periodically kick me back to my desktop. It's incredibly annoying and should be
    fixed. I was about to do a system reset but it seems that isn't helping other users.

Specs:

Win 10

i7-6700K

gtx 1070

32 Gb RAM

judy357159, Jan 28, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

Do you have your mobo drivers installed to include the latest BIOS? What is make/model of your external speakers? How do they connect to the PC? Is the connection fully seated?

Plankton, Jan 28, 2018
  5. nashricky Win User
    The connection is good it is a 3mm plugin the back, had the speaks (Klipsch 2.1) for years and I tested them on other devices, never an issue. I did update the bios very early in the build. The entire time with this machine and getting sound from it has been an ordeal.

nashricky, Jan 28, 2018
  6. I have two system, each with their own Klipsch 2.1 speaker system. The only problem I have ever had with the Klipsch 2.1 is the wire connections to the speakers. I solved this problem by soldering the ends of the wires. This makes a very good connection at the speaker wire clamp connection.

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 28, 2018
  7. nashricky Win User
    Not the issue. I recorded the sound with Audacity and the noise did not appear on in the waveform. It was just blank on the recording. Trust me though, there is a noise on every audio file at 1:06.

nashricky, Jan 28, 2018
  8. Plankton Win User

You've ruled out software as the issue as it happens with the 3 that you use. So that leaves hardware. It's either the speakers themselves, mobo or sound chip on the mobo or the audio driver. From time to time, parts on a new mobo can and do go bad. Is the mobo still under warranty?

Plankton, Jan 28, 2018
  9. nashricky Win User
    Kind of what I am thinking too. Mobo issue but hopefully isolated to just the sound chip. I have been building my own PCs for almost 20 years and sound is always a problem early on and then I get it worked out. Most of the time by buying a sound card, which is probably what I am going to do. I bought the board in Oct 17, not sure about warranty but I would rather not tear it down and rebuild if I can install a 3rd party sound card.

nashricky, Jan 28, 2018
  10. Berton Win User
    You might ask the vendor you got the board from if they will cross-ship a new one, usually give a week or two to send back the original. In my experience assembling machines in computer shops since '94 it takes longer to install software than to install or replace parts.

Berton, Jan 28, 2018
  11. pepanee Win User
    Try going to the Device Manager and uninstalling the audio device from there. I have SB Audigy. Try uninstalling every one that relates to your audio card driver (or every one under Audio inputs and outputs).

After that, click Action > Scan for hardware changes. The drivers should reinstall themselves back again. See if that could help.

Annoying issues on new Win 10 build [​IMG]

pepanee, Jan 28, 2018
  12. Philgo Win User
    Could it be related to a microphone in some way?

Philgo, Jan 28, 2018
  13. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jan 28, 2018
  14. nashricky Win User
    There is no Mic installed or plugged in. I did flash the bios for the mobo and that did clear up all but one issue. When playing with any audio player, at about the 1:06 mark of every song, I get a 1/4 sec. void of sound. Before the bios flash that gap was filled with a load digital noise. Wow, mind-boggling trying to figure this out.

nashricky, Feb 7, 2018
  15. nashricky Win User
    OK, I installed the latency monitor and it does not like something. There is no WLAN but it also suggests checking CPU throttling.

nashricky, Feb 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Annoying issues on new Win 10 build - Similar Threads - Annoying issues build

2. New win 10 build, BSOD on the reg

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New win 10 build, BSOD on the reg: OS Win 10 Version 20H2 MOBO: ASROCK B550 Steel Legend, updated bios 3/28/21 RAM: 16GB GSkill Ripjaws, Two 8GB sticks CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X, wraith cooler GPU: MSI Nvidia GT 710, passive cooler STORAGE: 250GB kingston SSD System Drive, 1TB Samsung SSD data drive, 1TB Hitachi HDD...
  3. Win 10 annoyance.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 annoyance.: My OS: MS Windows 10 ver. 1909 ----------------------------------------------- One of the most annoying things (there are many, too numerous to count... LOL) about W10 occurs only occasionally, but often enough to be extremely annoying & disturbing to me. It happened again,...
  4. Win 10 license activation on new build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 license activation on new build: Hi everyone I'm planning on building a new pc soon, but I'd like some reassurance before I make a start in a month or two. As I understand it if I link my Microsoft account to Windows 10 which I've not done yet then my digital license I upgraded from 7 will be stored on...
  5. Brand New Build Having Issues With Win 10 (Version 1703)

Brand New Build Having Issues With Win 10 (Version 1703): Spending so many hours trying to find something to fix this. I've even gone out and bought a new Windows 10 USB. Can I somehow just install the new version? The 1703 version won't update and is not allowing me to install my graphics card. Help!!...
  6. Transfer Upgraded Win 10 to new build?

Transfer Upgraded Win 10 to new build?: Hello, Recently I have built a new PC as my old PC is starting to die out. Previously my old PC ran windows 7 pro and when I received my pre-built pc all them years ago I got a driver disk and a product key along with it. Yesterday I finally upgraded from Win7 pro to the...
  7. NEW BUILD win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEW BUILD win 10: has microsoft released a new iso for windows 10 today 7124
  8. New Build, Win 10 64 Shutdown and Restart Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Build, Win 10 64 Shutdown and Restart Issues: Hi all, recently built a new rig. Sadly I'm getting slow/broken restarts and shutdowns. I've checked and double checked the power/reset wiring to the motherboard and that appears to be fine. I've attached a few DMP files if someone could take a look and give me some...
  9. Annoying desktop issue with Build 15007

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying desktop issue with Build 15007: I like a clean orderly desktop with minimal Icons and no live tiles but this latest build is annoying me! Every restart my desktop icons re arrange them selves. Then comes the start menu with all the live tiles. I keep removing them (un pin from start) and have gone to...
  10. Win 7/Win 10 new system build

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 7/Win 10 new system build: Had retail win 7 pro installed on two existing systems. Upgraded both systems to free Win 10. Planning on building new system. If I install win 7, will I be eligible for free Win10 upgrade? 60626