Windows 10: Annoying login behavior when unlocking windows

Discus and support Annoying login behavior when unlocking windows in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have noticed something annoying and I have been unable to craft the proper search terms to get me useable results, so here goes. When I log in or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BarrySuperhawk, May 23, 2017.

1. Annoying login behavior when unlocking windows

I have noticed something annoying and I have been unable to craft the proper search terms to get me useable results, so here goes.

When I log in or unlock my screensaver on Windows 10, WHILE I AM TYPING my username, the cursor jumps within the text box thus scrambling what I am typing. For example if I am user0001 and my password is Password1 If I press [ctrl]+[alt]+[del] and start typing what I end up with is either:

"r0001use" <=note, I type the username correctly, windows moves my cursor between the "e" and "r"
    or more annoyingly something like "sword1Pas" in the password field.

I am using a standard desktop keyboard and mouse with no touchpad, (i7, SSD, 16gb ram). If I press [ctrl]+[alt]+[del] and count to 5 it does not happen. Its like windows 10 incorporates a delay, then reset the cursor function that has never been present before.

Using the exact same hardware with win7 or 8.1 works perfectly and it does not matter how fast I start typing my credentials. UAC prompts in win10 also seem unaffected. I don't mind the delay, but when it moves the cursor and thus scrambles the username or password, bad things happen.

:)

BarrySuperhawk, May 23, 2017

2. E6 Key Lock Strange Behavior

My E6-00 is running Belle. The key lock switch displays very strange behavior. When I slide it to lock the phone, there will be two or three vibrations and the phone will momentarily lock and then unlock again. I have to slide it three or four times to
    actually get it to lock and stay locked. Behavior when unlocking is identical - sliding the switch will make the phone vibrate two or three times, and the phone will unlock for a split second before re-locking itself. I have to slide the switch three or
    four times to actually unlock it.

The flashlight works fine. It seems like the switch engages once when it is pushed, and then somehow engages again at the top of its movement.

This is incredibly annoying. Is it a known problem? A software defect? Hardware? Or something else?

krabbypatties, May 23, 2017
  3. kthawan Win User
    Annoying windows 10 update behavior

I double check my update preference setting. This windows 10 creator update completely ignore the update preference that i already configured.

This is just pure stupid

kthawan, May 23, 2017
  4. Annoying login behavior when unlocking windows

Hi BarrySuperHawk. Welcome to the TenForums @BarrySuperhawk

While I don't have immediate answer is your keyboard wireless or wired. If wired are you using a USB 2.0 port?

Have you checked Device Manager, with Show Hidden Devices enabled, to see what keyboards it has installed in Windows 10?

Maybe remove and let windows rediscover?

Before making changes I always recommend people have an image of their system to fall back on. One tool recommended and used by forum members is Macrium Reflect?

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 24, 2017
  5. Ok, let me try again, because apparently my question sounded like a hardware issue, and I can absolutely verify it is not. I am in a corporate IT shop and have access to dozens of pieces of identical hardware, and have troubleshot this down to a Windows Quirk/issue/feature.

I found another user (on a different site) that seems to have a similar problem but describes it differently:
    I just switched my PC to 1703 from 1607 (clean 1703 install) and now the issue is noticeably worse with no changes in hardware or any group policy or networking.

BarrySuperhawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Annoying login behavior when unlocking windows

1. Annoying login behavior when unlocking windows - Similar Threads - Annoying login behavior

2. Annoying keyboard behavior with ctrl and other keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying keyboard behavior with ctrl and other keys: Every time I press the ctrl left key in a browser whichever the browser is zooming out in 10% if I keep the left ctrl key pressed, the browser can zoom out at the maximum possibilities. Testing with a Microsoft Word document, pressing the left ctrl key writes a minus sign...
  3. Annoying keyboard behavior with ctrl and other keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying keyboard behavior with ctrl and other keys: Every time I press the ctrl left key in a browser whichever the browser is zooming out in 10% if I keep the left ctrl key pressed, the browser can zoom out at the maximum possibilities. Testing with a Microsoft Word document, pressing the left ctrl key writes a minus sign...
  4. Windows Notepad - Keeps performing annoying behavior highlighting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Notepad - Keeps performing annoying behavior highlighting: windows keeps highlighting everything while i'm trying to highlight 1 letter, or highlighting the entire sentence when trying to highlight only the portion inside quotations, or highlighting the entire sentence when only trying to highlight the end-letter, or canceling...
  5. Weird but very annoying Windows 10 Sleep behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird but very annoying Windows 10 Sleep behavior: Hope someone more well versed here can help me but for some reason when I put my PC to sleep it is not instant. It takes 5s-10s for my conputer to go to sleep but the weird thing is it locks my computer (so it goes to the Windows Sign-in screen, before going to sleep seconds...
  6. File Explorer annoying behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoying behavior: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.8.36) I'm new .. I've been looking through forum after forum and cannot find resolution to a specific problem. My job includes LOTS of email with attachments, and a couple of months ago, I began to notice annoying behavior that didn't...
  7. Odd login behavior

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd login behavior: I'm working on a customer's computer and encountered something I've never seen before. Recently she upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When she goes to type her login password the login executes when she hits the last keystroke of the password. She doesn't have to...
  8. Increasingly annoying network behavior...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increasingly annoying network behavior...: In the last couple of days Windows 10 (on an MS Surface Pro 4) starts to seriously annoy me! Again and again I suddenly can't get a network connection! In such situation WiFi is typically disabled and refuses to be activated (i.e. no matter how often I click the icon, it...
  9. Annoying sleep behavior

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Annoying sleep behavior: Hello, I have a Dell Optiplex 980 desktop and everything runs smooth with Windows 10. I do have a problem with sleep. The PC goes to sleep after 60 minutes as it's set to. Upon waking it up if I do not keep using keyboard or mouse it goes right back to sleep within a...
  10. Login screen behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen behavior: On my desktop, Windows 10 boots to login screen and gives me a little network type icon to click which then takes me to the password entry. On my laptop I don't get the icon and I have to do a weird swipe up move to get to password screen. Would prefer the icon. 39166