Windows 10: Annoying Malwarebytes popup

Discus and support Annoying Malwarebytes popup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I first installed MBAM, it was automatically the trial paid Version. Since I hadn't upgraded after the trial, it reverted to the free version... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mr Ed, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Annoying Malwarebytes popup

When I first installed MBAM, it was automatically the trial paid Version. Since I hadn't upgraded after the trial, it reverted to the free version (which is what I wanted). Every time I turn on my computer I get a pop-up from Malwarebytes trying to upgrade me. Is there any way to prevent this annoying pop-up from showing up? Thanks.

:)

Mr Ed, Dec 25, 2017

2. Brand new PC installed Windows 10 couple weeks ago it continues to get slower and S L O W E R

Microsoft doesn't supply operating systems with annoying malware popups. These are something that the unwitting user picks up..

Try running an anti-malware utility. Malwarebytes is
    good
    .. Install the free version and don't go for the 'pro' trial offered further into the installation process..

Mike Hall... always, Dec 25, 2017
  3. PhilHoop Win User
    IE 11 Unwanted Popups & Redirects

I recently upgraded my development environment to Windows 10 (x64) and IE 11. Now I am getting frequent Popups advising me to install various plugins or Mcafee after navigating from Google to various sites. I have Malwarebytes, IOLA, and Avast supposedly
    protecting my system. When I get these annoying messages/redirects I scan my system for Malware with Malwarebytes and usually get "No Malicious Software Found" but sometimes a get a listing of 10 or 12 "PUP" infections. I thank you for any help you provide.
    .........................Phil Hoop

PhilHoop, Dec 25, 2017
  4. Annoying Malwarebytes popup

As you are not paying for Malwarebytes I don't believe it is running in Real Time mode. I assume you have Defender running in this role.

As such you really have Malwarebytes as a secondary scanner when needed.

If it is not in real time mode you should be able to disable the starting of Malwarebytes with Windows so no pop up.

Caledon Ken, Dec 25, 2017
  5. Layback Bear, Dec 25, 2017
  6. Mr Ed Win User
    I don't believe you can download free MBAM per se. You need to download the paid version, which eventually reverts to the free one. If you know where I can download just the free MBAM, please let me know. Thanks.

Mr Ed, Dec 25, 2017
  7. Mr Ed Win User
    My MBAM is already the free version, which I explained. And, it doesn't start automatically at boot up. It's not even on the startup program list.

Mr Ed, Dec 25, 2017
  8. clam1952 Win User

Check your services and change Malwarebytes Service to Manual.

To download the free version you have to download the trial but after installing you change it to the free edition, think it's under account, option disappears after you disable it.
    And no popups here.

clam1952, Dec 25, 2017
  9. I understand it is free. Check the options within MalwareBytes and shut of start with Windows. The startup list is not a complete list of items that initiate with Windows.

Caledon Ken, Dec 26, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    There is only the one Malwarebytes installer. In 2.0 you got the choice at install to take the trial, if you didn't it installed as 'free' from the word go. 3.0 doesn't give you the choice, but starts the trial anyway.

Rather than wait for it to time out and default to 'free' you can opt out of the premium trial immediately after installing. If you go into 'MalwareBytes - Settings - My Account' you can turn off the 'premium trial' there. It then becomes 'MalwareBytes Free'.

I suspect the annoying 'upgrade' nag was triggered by the premium trial lapsing. If you remove Malwarebytes, reinstall, then opt out of the trial before it has a chance to lapse, then you may well also avoid the nagging.

11. Malwarebytes (Free) does not start with Windows 7 boot.
    Malwarebytes (Free) is a on demand program only.
    You will have to update and run your self.

Malwarebytes (Trial) and (Premium) will start at boot and monitor your system.
    Malwarebytes (Trial) will stop starting at boot and actively monitoring your system when the (Trial) time has expired.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 26, 2017
  12. Mr Ed Win User
    OK. Thanks for the replies. I uninstalled MBAM and then reinstalled it. I also disabled MBAM in services. In addition, I made adjustments in settings. in the MBAM program itself. It's now reverted to the free program. So now it appears to be OK. No more pop-up. We'll see if it stays that way. Thanks again to all of you for your help.

Mr Ed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Annoying Malwarebytes popup - Similar Threads - Annoying Malwarebytes popup

2. Mysterious annoying popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious annoying popup: I am suddenly getting an annoying repetitive message, referencing external flash drives, for no obvious reason that will not go away. "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create...
  3. Mysterious annoying popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious annoying popup: I am suddenly getting an annoying repetitive message, referencing external flash drives, for no obvious reason that will not go away. "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create...
  4. Mysterious annoying popup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Malwarebytes popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes popup: After reinstalling Win 10 I reinstalled Malwarebytes. I turned off popup in the Malwarebyte settings, but I am being plagued by an upgrade popup every few minutes. How to get rid of this pest. I just managed to deactivate the premium trial to the free edition. Hopefully that...
  6. annoying popups

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying popups: How can I get rid of constant popup that begin on my desktop and continue wherever I go from there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-popups/74893105-46df-43e1-9d68-e3de2fef2693
  7. annoying beeps and popups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    annoying beeps and popups: my computer dings every few seconds saying usb device not recognised..windows doesnt recognise..recommend reconnect driver or update tried everything still beebs and pops up windows..even tried system restore help please...
  8. annoying popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    annoying popup: I have an annoying popup that flashes onto my screen warning of some program failure or something but before I can read it, it's gone and comes back every minute or so and has progressively become faster and faster....
  9. Annoying PopUp.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying PopUp.: Hi, this annoying pop-up, suddenly appeared, it's in Spanish, I think. Is it a virus or a continuation of Micro$ofts policy to annoy users (customers) to the Max!! 20489
  10. Annoying popup menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying popup menu: Recently I have been getting an Windows 10 popup menu (see attached file) that comes up randomly and I have no idea how to turn it off. What is really annoying is when I am typing in Word or an email and it pops up, if I hit the corresponding letter that service opens up....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. malwarebytes annoying popup