Windows 10: Annoying one minute pause when using my computer

Discus and support Annoying one minute pause when using my computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My old XPS-700 has developed a problem. I am currently on pre-release version 15007 but this problem has been with the machine for several builds now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WPaGuy7, Jan 15, 2017.

1. WPaGuy7 Win User

Annoying one minute pause when using my computer

My old XPS-700 has developed a problem. I am currently on pre-release version 15007 but this problem has been with the machine for several builds now. I can be working along and at random the mouse cursor will freeze and so does the majority of the system, although the computer is not dead. About a minute later it gets out of some loop (or error condition) and I again have control of the mouse and can work for quite a while before it happens again. I am new to troubleshooting this type of problem, *sarc and I have downloaded the latest SDK and ran it and just loaded the Windows debugger. Since I am new to debugging can anyone give me some pointers on how to use the debugger to figure out what process is crashing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think this problem had anything to do with the pre-release software just something else going on. NOTE: I have gone through many drivers and made sure they could not go to into a power saving mode and also the same thing with all power plan items.

:)

WPaGuy7, Jan 15, 2017

2. Extending time screen remains active when a pause is taken during typing

My screen shuts down after 15 seconds when I pause during typing. How do I extend the time to a minute? I'm only one using computer in my room so it's safe. I pause for a thought and my screen goes back to entry and I need to enter password again to
    activate.

JedO'Connor, Jan 15, 2017
  3. How to stop automatic slideshow from running

If when I have my laptop on and don't touch anything for a couple of minutes a slideshow starts, I don't want this to happen as its very annoying. I have looked on line and seen ways to stop this by going into battery settings and change the settings to
    paused. I have done this 5 times yet the slideshow still starts again very annoying. Hopefully someone can help but please bear in mind I have enough trouble just using a computer so please try to keep it simple not computer speak Thank you

PhillipStandfield, Jan 15, 2017
  4. Annoying one minute pause when using my computer

Not much experienced with debugging myself. Have you checked the event viewer?

You could run Process Monitor with logging enabled and review it after the pause.

TairikuOkami, Jan 20, 2017
  5. WPaGuy7 Win User
    I will check this out. Thanks.

WPaGuy7, Jan 21, 2017
  6. smirk24 Win User
    smirk24, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Annoying one minute pause when using my computer

1. Annoying one minute pause when using my computer - Similar Threads - Annoying minute pause

2. Annoying notification sound every minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying notification sound every minute: Hi,I have been consistently getting an annoying beeping type of notification sound every minute over the past couple of days. It goes away when I silence the speakers but when they are on, it is persistent. I have tried troubleshooting, restarting the laptop, updating it, and...
  3. Annoying notification sound every minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying notification sound every minute: Hi,I have been consistently getting an annoying beeping type of notification sound every minute over the past couple of days. It goes away when I silence the speakers but when they are on, it is persistent. I have tried troubleshooting, restarting the laptop, updating it, and...
  4. Annoying notification sound every minute

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cursor pauses when using drawing tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor pauses when using drawing tablet: I'm using a Surfacebook 2 with Windows 10 and have started using the Cintiq 16 tablet to draw with While using it, I can't make fine adjustments because the cursor will essentially pause until I move the pen a small distance from the center at which point it jumps from the...
  6. One Drive annoyance

One Drive annoyance: One Drive keeps placing a Documents folder on my desktop. I have completely uninstalled One Drive, reinstalled it, and moved all the One Drive folders to another drive/location via the One Drive settings option. I delete the folder from my desktop, and empty the recycle...
  7. Computer pauses

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer pauses: My computer pauses on one frame, audio continues, and then quickly speeds up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-pauses/67de34cd-e4ec-4e6c-9814-140a55145060
  8. Windows 10 computer freezes when not used for 10 minutes

Windows 10 computer freezes when not used for 10 minutes: Does anyone else have this problem where if they don't move the mouse or interact with the computer for more than 10 minutes it freezes? I have an acer aspire e15 for about 2 years. Thanks! submitted by /u/_ahrideathsounduwu [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 computer freezes when not used for 10 minutes

Windows 10 computer freezes when not used for 10 minutes: Does anyone else have this problem where if they don't move the mouse or interact with the computer for more than 10 minutes it freezes? I have an acer aspire e15 for about 2 years. Thanks! submitted by /u/_ahrideathsounduwu [link] [comments]...
  10. What is a Pause key? Why & when is it used?

in Windows 10 News
    What is a Pause key? Why & when is it used?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have a full keyboard, I am sure you must have seen “Pause” key or “Pause Break” key. It is usually located around the control keys like Scroll Lock, Home and end button, and so on. The question is [...] This post What is a Pause key? Why & when is it...