Windows 10: Annoying popup message from Edge, just started 2 days ago

Discus and support Annoying popup message from Edge, just started 2 days ago in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Every few hours the Edge shortcut pops up this annoying message that interrupts my work. It says: "Have you customized Microsoft Edge ?" I do not use... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by basildane, Nov 21, 2016.

1. basildane Win User

Annoying popup message from Edge, just started 2 days ago

Every few hours the Edge shortcut pops up this annoying message that interrupts my work. It says: "Have you customized Microsoft Edge ?" I do not use Edge, I use Firefox. I thought I had stopped all these popups but I can't seem to find this one.

Annoying popup message from Edge, just started 2 days ago [​IMG]

:)

basildane, Nov 21, 2016

2. MS Window Compatibility Assistant

After receiving the latest updates To Windows 10, I just started getting a popup message from Compatibility Assistant upon powering on my HP Envy Notebook reads "HP Accelerometer doesn't work on this version of Windows." (Windows 10 had been pre-installed
    when I first purchased the Notebook.) This is strange, because I've had my HP Envy Notebook for nearly a year, and I have never before received this popup message from Compatibility Assistant. It began two days ago. So, I have two questions:

(1) Is this important?

(2) If it is, then how do I resolve it?

Donald Koelper, Nov 21, 2016
  3. mayayc007 Win User
    Messaging application duplicates texts in group messages under WP 8.1

same issue here, have the phone for 2 weeks straight with no problem with group texts, just started happening two days ago. strange and annoying. Please fix

mayayc007, Nov 21, 2016
  4. Annoying popup message from Edge, just started 2 days ago

Hi:

I don't use Edge, either.*Smile

But have you tried this, from the Settings app:

"System" > "Notifications & Actions" > Scroll down to the "Notifications" section > Disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong about this...

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 21, 2016
  5. basildane Win User
    Thank you. I have switched it off now. Hopefully that's the end of it.
    Good day!

basildane, Nov 21, 2016
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    If you want to keep the tips & suggestions, but want Edge to shut up, just un-pin it from the taskbar. Can't pop-up if it's not there.

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Annoying popup message from Edge, just started 2 days ago

1. Annoying popup message from Edge, just started 2 days ago - Similar Threads - Annoying popup message

2. Mysterious annoying popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious annoying popup: I am suddenly getting an annoying repetitive message, referencing external flash drives, for no obvious reason that will not go away. "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create...
  3. BSOD after update 2 days ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after update 2 days ago: really really annoyed can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-update-2-days-ago/abf644ec-4e2e-4058-9df8-7e867907d72c
  4. Parallels Desktop - unable to activate licence I brought just 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Parallels Desktop - unable to activate licence I brought just 2 days ago: Hi, I purchased via the windows store one licence for Win 10 home edition to use on a single virtual PC on Desktop Parallels. I had to re-install after making an error and now it won't let me activate windows using the digital licence I purchased. Can anyone help? The...
  5. BSOD While streaming started 2 days ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While streaming started 2 days ago: I got a new graphics card back at the beginning of August and was streaming. At the beginning of September, I downloaded Windows 2004 and got my first BSOD. I didn't have a problem until 2 days ago when I would get the BSOD whenever I was streaming a game. This would happen...
  6. annoying popups

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying popups: How can I get rid of constant popup that begin on my desktop and continue wherever I go from there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-popups/74893105-46df-43e1-9d68-e3de2fef2693
  7. restore to 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore to 2 days ago: I want to restore computer to 2 days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-2-days-ago/85995d58-361e-497c-9c7b-7972ccc13c4d
  8. annoying popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    annoying popup: I have an annoying popup that flashes onto my screen warning of some program failure or something but before I can read it, it's gone and comes back every minute or so and has progressively become faster and faster....
  9. Annoying Start Up Message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Annoying Start Up Message: Please does anyone know what this is and how to fix it. I'm freaking frustrated![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-start-up-message/b444383a-ae06-4a33-a2fc-9ac580b610aa"
  10. Annoying PopUp.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying PopUp.: Hi, this annoying pop-up, suddenly appeared, it's in Spanish, I think. Is it a virus or a continuation of Micro$ofts policy to annoy users (customers) to the Max!! 20489