Windows 10: Annoying Problem with Snap Assist After Resizing A Window Accidentally

Discus and support Annoying Problem with Snap Assist After Resizing A Window Accidentally in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This problem occurred when I had my Google Chrome windows snapped evenly half and half. I accidentally dragged on of the windows which made the window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DrenAguado, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Annoying Problem with Snap Assist After Resizing A Window Accidentally

This problem occurred when I had my Google Chrome windows snapped evenly half and half. I accidentally dragged on of the windows which made the window bigger which was where the problem with snap assist occured.

With the keyboard shortcuts (win + arrow keys), I usually just needed one tap of the function to move the window from one half to the other. But now, I need two taps of the function to move from half to half because after the first tap the window goes to the center of my screen for some reason, then after tapping a second time it then goes to the other half.

This is super annoying because I have multiple screens and need fast and easy organization of my windows for my work.

Is there any way to reset the Snap Assist settings so that it goes back to its original state where I only needed to tap the win + arrow key function once to move my windows?

:)

DrenAguado, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Window Snap / resize

I have been through all of those steps. Windows are still snapping, and in some cases resizing to small windows. This has to stop...

jeffzervos, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Digijan Win User

Annoying Problem with Snap Assist After Resizing A Window Accidentally

Snap Assist to top and bottom in portrait mode

I work in Portrait on my desktop and have found an almost-but-not-quite solution building on Eeshwar's suggestion.

1) Snap a window to one of the corners. For this purpose we'll say you have your notes app and Snap it to bottom-left or bottom-right.

2) Size the snapped window horizontally to fill the screen

3) Snap "top" window to either top corner - the window will match the size of your previously-snapped bottom window and fill the rest of the screen.

This solution has drawbacks:

1) Extra step - you must resize the initial window after snapping

2) No official keyboard shortcuts

Digijan, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Annoying Problem with Snap Assist After Resizing A Window Accidentally

1. Annoying Problem with Snap Assist After Resizing A Window Accidentally - Similar Threads - Annoying Problem Snap

2. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window: Hello,I just upgraded to Windows 11. In Windows 10, there was an option in settings:"When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window".I want to disable this option in Windows 11. I want to be able to resize windows without the adjacent window...
  3. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window: Hello,I just upgraded to Windows 11. In Windows 10, there was an option in settings:"When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window".I want to disable this option in Windows 11. I want to be able to resize windows without the adjacent window...
  4. Annoying snapping of the scroll slider

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Annoying snapping of the scroll slider: Hi! When Im working in a window of a random application and I want to scroll up/down or left/right in this window, the scroll slider snaps to the starting position when I move the mouse pointer beyond a certain distance of the slider. See...
  5. Windows 10 Snap Assist improperly resizing windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Snap Assist improperly resizing windows: I've been having a problem for about a year now with Windows Snap Assist. Whenever I snap a window to the side then let Snap Assist move a 2nd maximized window to the other side automatically, Windows will make the 2nd window ever slightly too tall. Although this isn't a...
  6. Window snapping without resizing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window snapping without resizing?: In Linux Mint, if you drag something to the side of the screen it will "lock" to it, without resizing the window. Is there any way to get the same functionality in Windows 10 at all? I have three screens and my left screen I want to have my foobar2000 docked to the right...
  7. Snap Assist error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Assist error: I've had this this problem for months. Using Snap assist to put a window onto the right third requires me to place it in specific places outside of the box, and even then, the window will occupy (just shy of) half of the screen instead of the intended third, as shown in the...
  8. Snap Assist In Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Snap Assist In Windows 10: [ATTACH] Snap Assist is a feature in Windows 10, that is not noticed by many. Though this feature is enabled by default in every Windows 10 PC, only a very few users are using it. In this post, we will learn [...] This post How to use Snap Assist In Windows 10 is from...
  9. keyboard window resize snap?

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard window resize snap?: Do not have Win10, but am wondering something. In Eightforums.com I posted a thread with the title: keyboard window resize snap . It's that annoying 'feature' that occurs when the on-screen keyboard button next to the 'X' button is pressed: which resizes ALL the windows...
  10. Snap / Snap Assist isues

in Windows 10 Support
    Snap / Snap Assist isues: I am not at all sure Snap & Snap Assist are working as they should. I find it rather confusing to sort out what to expect, having read some articles about it (here and elswhere.) The most obvious sign is that there is no transparent overlay. I have never seen this...