Windows 10: Annoying small UI issues that bother you?

Discus and support Annoying small UI issues that bother you? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't like how the clock is not vertically centered within the taskbar. This is in "Use small taskbar buttons" mode. [img] 9282 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tzhu07, Jul 28, 2015.

1. tzhu07 Win User

Annoying small UI issues that bother you?

I don't like how the clock is not vertically centered within the taskbar. This is in "Use small taskbar buttons" mode.

Annoying small UI issues that bother you? [​IMG]

:)

tzhu07, Jul 28, 2015
  2. CJLim Win User

E52 WLAN scanning

That is really annoying, not to mention wasting your battery. Would you consider resetting or is this too small an annoyance to bother with the hassle?

CJLim, Jul 28, 2015
  3. dbasrus Win User
    Small annoying issues with N79

Hi Jonesy,

Can't help, but these bug me too. Did you get anywhere with 1+3 above?

thx

dbasrus, Jul 28, 2015
  4. tzhu07 Win User

I also hate how the accent color becomes a 1 pixel border around your windows.

tzhu07, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Eh? It has always been centered vertically in the taskbar, as far back as I can remember, in fact everything is vertically centered on the taskbar. I don't know how you have not seen that.

logicearth, Jul 28, 2015
  6. tzhu07 Win User
    I know that in the past it's vertically centered.

But in Windows 10 it is not, and that's bothering me.

tzhu07, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Jairus24 Win User
    Didn't bother me, although I miss Aero UI, the Windows 10 UI is also good in its own way. Nothing wrong or bothering with the clock either. It's just me though, not sure about others opinion.

Jairus24, Jul 28, 2015
  8. jimbob Win User

What bugs me is that line next to the clock. And there seems no way to be to get rid of it.

Another thing that bugs me. They still have icons from Windows 95 in some places. What a joke.

jimbob, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties, there should be an option to disable Show Desktop button. I'm not on my PC at the moment so can't find the exact method.

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
  10. derek10 Win User
    Where are those win95 icons *Smile if you said Vista, then yes, there are still old Vista/7 icons scattered around instead of the flatter current ones

The only thing that annoys me is that white title bar that makes distinguising an active window from an inactive one difficult and I can't find a option to change it lol

derek10, Jul 29, 2015
  11. tzhu07 Win User
    I'm also noticing some window border corruption. When the window is active, your chosen accent color properly surrounds the window, as shown on the left.

But when the window is inactive, the top border disappears, but the side borders somehow remain. Totally glitched.

tzhu07, Jul 29, 2015
  12. That would be the "peek at desktop" button.

fracking4oil, Jul 29, 2015
  13. jimbob Win User

Here, for one!

jimbob, Jul 29, 2015
  14. jimbob Win User

There doesn't seem to be an option for me! I've disabled peek and it's still there. There's no option to disable the "show desktop" button.

jimbob, Jul 29, 2015
  15. derek10 Win User
    True!, I believe that as this may be a deprecated/legacy/internal feature they left the icon for nostagia xD, like the "writer", "winhlp32", "hh" icons, as well as the regedit!

derek10, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Annoying small UI issues that bother you? - Similar Threads - Annoying small issues

2. An extremely small but nevertheless annoying problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An extremely small but nevertheless annoying problem: Hi,This may be the least important problem that I ever tried to solve, but here it is, and maybe you can help me. For many years now, my name shows as "joach" in some applications. Right now, as I am editing a PDF document, it shows this as my name in the comments I add while...
  3. An extremely small but nevertheless annoying problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An extremely small but nevertheless annoying problem: Hi,This may be the least important problem that I ever tried to solve, but here it is, and maybe you can help me. For many years now, my name shows as "joach" in some applications. Right now, as I am editing a PDF document, it shows this as my name in the comments I add while...
  4. UI engineers, are you kidding?

UI engineers, are you kidding?: Thankfully the Taskbar team is still in their right mind and you can click on the taskbar icons even if the cursor is in the few-pixels-wide blank space around them buttons so the cursor is actually off the visual display of the buttons themselves. In fact you can blindly...
  5. UI engineers, are you kidding?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UI engineers, are you kidding?: Thankfully the Taskbar team is still in their right mind and you can click on the taskbar icons even if the cursor is in the few-pixels-wide blank space around them buttons so the cursor is actually off the visual display of the buttons themselves. In fact you can blindly...
  6. Why Bother?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Bother?: Honestly, people.... why do we bother to beat our heads against this bloated obscenity of an OS that thinks that our PC's are there to serve IT, instead of IT being there to serve US? Do you spend anywhere near this much time in the guts of your car trying to figure out why...
  7. small annoying glitch with my tabs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    small annoying glitch with my tabs: Hello, I normally can like drag a maximized window to do what the restore down button should do Video https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-annoying-glitch-with-my-tabs/e2fb9080-5a1e-4896-9a91-cc884ce45bc2
  8. Windows on ASUS Laptop - Small yet annoying issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows on ASUS Laptop - Small yet annoying issues.: Introduction: So, I had been running Windows 10 on an ASUS Laptop for a while now, and there are no considerable hardware issues... Recently, I happened to use a much older Dell Laptop with very low hardware specs, and I was surprised by how smooth it was! okay, it was...
  9. Another annoying UI glitch... Again...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another annoying UI glitch... Again...: I'm using Windows 10 build 18214 and saw this glitch : [ATTACH] The icons (with arrow pointed in) are offset. How do I fix this glitch (maybe there's something in the registry is wrong) or do I have to use Feedback Hub?...
  10. annoying issue of "How do you want to open..."

annoying issue of "How do you want to open...": I the annoying issue of "How do you want to open..." but it wont tell me what the program is that is trying to be opened. Just allowed Windows 10 to do it's upgrade from 7 last week and it wont stop even though I have already entered the apps to use with my normal programs....