Windows 10: Annoying Static Sound Even When Muted...

Discus and support Annoying Static Sound Even When Muted... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have ASUS X540LA Windows 10 64 bit Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.104). I am getting a static sound even when muted. The sound isn't coming through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wyatt, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Wyatt Win User

Annoying Static Sound Even When Muted...

I have ASUS X540LA Windows 10 64 bit Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.104).

I am getting a static sound even when muted. The sound isn't coming through my earphones but is still heard from the pc even with the earphones plugged in.

I hear what I expect to hear, and nothing more nothing less, through my earphones.

I have disabled and uninstalled my RealTek HD Audio Device and Driver but I believe this is only silencing the issue and not resolving the problem.

Disabling and uninstalling the audio device and driver has rendered sound completely unavailable.

I would like to resolve the problem without opening my pc and cutting specific speaker wires.

What is going on with my lappy and how can I resolve the issue?

:)

Wyatt, Oct 16, 2016

2. how to stop camera sound on nokia 5233??

how to mute camera sound??, there are no option to mute the camera sound. Even when my phone is in silent mode camera sound is still present. Please help me if any one know how to mute this.

Amartya---01, Oct 16, 2016
  3. about N95 camera..?

Could anyone tell me how can i turn the camera sound off?

i mean when i want to take a photo it makes an annoying sound,a click sound,can i do it mute?

curious_kimia, Oct 16, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Hard to say without being able to get hands on with the device. Normally, when you plug headphones in, they cut out the external/built-in speakers completely. For you to be getting speaker sound when headphones are plugged in and working indicates some kind of short or mechanical issue with the speakers (or the wires that lead to them, or the circuitry that feeds them signals). Your joke about snipping speaker wires may turn out to be the only or best fix! Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 16, 2016
  5. Wyatt Win User
    The mention of "some kind of short or mechanical issue with the speakers
    (or the wires that lead to them, or the circuitry that feeds them signals)."
    It brings to mind the need to fully describe the static in detail.

The static, when I hear it and actually listen to it, has a pattern to it...actually sounds like a dishwasher at work.

I hear the static only at specific tasks on the lappy...
    -When I open anything with sound.
    --Opening the player itself doesn't start the static but right-clicking an item and choosing such options as "Open with..." triggers the static.
    --Also, going to YouTube.com doesn't trigger it but playing the YT videos trigger the static.
    --Notification messages in the bottom right corner near the system tray and clock trigger the static.
    -Rebooting the system also triggers the static

Would the following info from the Conflicts/Sharing section of the System Information console be of some importance here...

Wyatt, Oct 17, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    I don't see anything in there that tells me more than I learned from your first post, but perhaps that's because I don't see any conflicts. Something is accessing the speakers when they should be silent, to be sure, which is why I'm still inclined to suspect a short or mixed up connection of some kind. At least some of the events that trigger the sounds also issue system sounds as well; the whirring nature of the static may indicate some bleedover from a rotating device in your system (like a conventional hard disk). It's getting more interesting, to be sure, but not a great deal clearer. Wish I could be of more help.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Annoying Static Sound Even When Muted... - Similar Threads - Annoying Static Sound

2. Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound: Hello, I just bought a new computer and i hear a static noise in one side of my heaphones. I updated the drivers, I disabled all other sound devices other than my headphones, but ONLY when I play a youtube video or something else I hear a noise in my ear. Even if I disable...
  3. Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound: Hello, I just bought a new computer and i hear a static noise in one side of my heaphones. I updated the drivers, I disabled all other sound devices other than my headphones, but ONLY when I play a youtube video or something else I hear a noise in my ear. Even if I disable...
  4. Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Volume icon shows Mute even when Sound is not on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Volume icon shows Mute even when Sound is not on Windows 11: [ATTACH]The volume icon shows the status or levels of sound on your PC. When you mute the volume, the icon shows muted symbol with a cross mark beside it. When it is not muted, we see the Volume icon with levels beside it. Some users are seeing, the volume icon muted even if...
  6. Static sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Static sound: Hello so i have a problem with my pc i have realtek drivers the newest one but i changed my driver to headphone high defenition it sounds really good at first when i changed but next when i turned on my pc and started watching a youtube video i could hear a static noise in my...
  7. Static sound

Static sound: Hi, I have a problem with my sound. I have static sound in my headphones. I tried using different headphone or speaker devices but it occurs with using any headphones or speakers. I tried updating windows and using the troubleshoot method and nothing works. Recently I used...
  8. Moto g5s plus muted sounds annoying!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Moto g5s plus muted sounds annoying!!: Can anyone tell me how to unmute my three sounds on the pull down window only one works at a time. ring, media or alarms. im missing so many calls ect ect thank you for your help....
  9. Sound Plays Even When Muted

Sound Plays Even When Muted: Hello all, I am running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13, 9360. I leave my sound on mute but the computer will still make noises (when I try to close a file before saving, that bell noise or videos will start playing on open tabs and their sound can be heard). I have tried...
  10. Sound mutes when changing desktops

Sound mutes when changing desktops: Hi all, All of a sudden my system mutes any playing audio when I switch desktops (using Task View). It's Window 10 1709 (a Mac book pro 2015). This has worked fine up until a couple of days ago and I've changed nothing. Any new updates that may have screwed this up or any...