Windows 10: annoying suspended apps ? heres a solution

Discus and support annoying suspended apps ? heres a solution in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; if you're using all solid state disk drives, there is no need to have metro apps and regular frequently used apps automatically launched under parent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EliteData, Mar 19, 2017.

1. EliteData Win User

annoying suspended apps ? heres a solution

if you're using all solid state disk drives, there is no need to have metro apps and regular frequently used apps automatically launched under parent process "application frame host" in a suspended state, caching to swapfile.sys.
    this is useful for mechanical disk drives but not for solid state disk drives.
    the means to turn this off is by changing the start status of "superfetch" from "automatic" to "manual" (located in services console).
    apps such as "Calculator.exe" will no longer automatically start in a suspended state under parent process "ApplicationFrameHost.exe" (cached to swapfile.sys).
    this solution may have been posted before but i searched and could not find a similar solution.

:)

EliteData, Mar 19, 2017
  2. Chemist18 Win User

Here's a solution to the many complaints about unwanted apps

The problem with feedback hub is you never get a response to the feedback. They say, "that you for your feedback". The most descriptive I've ever seen was a response to a feedback thread about people not wanting Cortana. Their response was along the lines
    of, "but we are making improvements, give the next version a try".

I've searched multiple times on google, even bing, I cannot find an explanation for Microsoft's rationale for enforcing the presence of Cortana. I'd be far less hostile about the situation if they would give an honest answer. I fully believe that cortana
    is essentially a key-logging virus that essentially takes everything you type and if you have a microphone everything you say and puts it on some cloud somewhere to be data-mined. I feel that MS has a responsibility to all of it's users, regardless of their
    monopoly, to offer a valid explanation. What makes me the maddest is that if you want to search your hard drive for a file you have to use Cortana...

I would go back to Windows 7 or Windows XP in an instant if I could.

I fully understand that MS is a business and since they have captive customers, keeping the shareholders happy is much more important.

Heck, I'd go back to an old version of MS-DOS if I could.

To make matters even worse their "Help" is no longer helpful. Ten years ago when I was looking for help to learn Visual Basic 6, the help files and articles were genuinely helpful. All the .NET help files are apparently created by some computer program
    and they are no help at all.

I'll shut up now...

Chemist18, Mar 19, 2017
  3. Here's a solution to the many complaints about unwanted apps

Microsoft employees don't come here so if you want someone at Microsoft to see your feedback then continue to use the Feedback Hub for your suggestions.

Solar-Eclipse, Mar 19, 2017
Thema:

annoying suspended apps ? heres a solution

1. annoying suspended apps ? heres a solution - Similar Threads - annoying suspended apps

2. Fingerprint scanner not working, not available? Solution is here.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner not working, not available? Solution is here.: Answer: If your fingerprint scanner is not recognized, you need to download a FIRMWARE UPDATE from the computer manufacturer because the hardware can vary depending on the brand of computer. None of these other methods will work if the Biometrics category right below Battery...
  3. Fingerprint scanner not working, not available? Solution is here.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner not working, not available? Solution is here.: Answer: If your fingerprint scanner is not recognized, you need to download a FIRMWARE UPDATE from the computer manufacturer because the hardware can vary depending on the brand of computer. None of these other methods will work if the Biometrics category right below Battery...
  4. Task manager suspending apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager suspending apps: Hey,I use a windows 11 and I've noticed that it suspends my minimized apps automatically. I then came to know that it is normal and it is done to save resources. But I have an app that i want to keep alive. How do i stop suspending apps in windows 11 ? I found many tutorials...
  5. App getting instantly suspended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App getting instantly suspended: [ATTACH] Wassup. So, I've encountered this problem on my girlfriend's laptop first with a game called Friday Night Funkin', and now I'm having the same issue but with Terraria. About a year ago, Terraria was working fine on my PC, but now older versions and new versions...
  6. Defender Notifications - Annoying - But possible solution

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Defender Notifications - Annoying - But possible solution: I have been constantly asking on a solution here or searching for solutions elsewhere on how to disable or prevent Defender Security Intelligence Updates to run without those annoying notifications when Windows Update settings are set to Notify to Download and Install. Here...
  7. Suspended app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suspended app: How to enable suspended apps on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspended-app/088cbb37-972e-4e3f-94d0-38b9d1dec9f8
  8. I am having a really annoying bug here

I am having a really annoying bug here: For some reason everytime i try to play MUGEN this happens: My caps lock gets reversed (if i turn it on it gets off and if i turn it off it gets on) and numbers and the point button get their shift button version (for example if i want to type eight it turns into a ) and that...
  9. Does anyone here know solution to this problem? It’s very annoying. Don’t know what to do....

Does anyone here know solution to this problem? It’s very annoying. Don’t know what to do....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/flappybird4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzge39/does_anyone_here_know_solution_to_this_problem/
  10. Apps Suspended and Crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps Suspended and Crashes: So apparently after a certain while I factory resected my computer. I had to do it twice as the first time it automatically crashed in the middle. But now I've been getting a lot of apps being suspended. Examples being Cortana, Microsoft Edge(Despite using it rn) Microsoft...