Windows 10: Annoying update notifications!

Discus and support Annoying update notifications! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; These auto updates are a pain in the butt. If your playing a game and get a update notification it will stop the game and minimize the screen. *Mad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David9723, Aug 6, 2016.

1. David9723 Win User

Annoying update notifications!

These auto updates are a pain in the butt. If your playing a game and get a update notification it will stop the game and minimize the screen. *Mad

Anyone notice that with windows 10 anniversary update installed that in windows updates it no longer says "some settings are managed by your organization"

I checked and the group policy editor is still the same.

Is there a better way to stop these annoying update notifications? I do not use wifi so setting to a metered connection will not work. I'm using 10 pro.

Thanks

:)

David9723, Aug 6, 2016
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Annoying notifications

Hi,

There are certain steps that you can do to turn off notifications in Windows 10. Kindly follow the methods provided on this

link
    and see if it resolves your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Aug 6, 2016
  3. annoying notifications

Every 5minutes my wife's Microsoft phone receives a message saying you need to fix your Microsoft account for apps on your other devices. Any suggestions on how to eradicate this

it needs her Microsoft account fixing. I've done this and it continues to

JamesNixon, Aug 6, 2016
  4. TrustMe Win User

I don't know about the notification itself, but there is a registry hack to set a Ethernet connection to Mettered.

[Tip] Force Windows 10 to Use Ethernet Connection as Metered - AskVG

The only other way I know of is to disable Windows Update in Servives. That's a pain also because you would have to disable it before your game and enable it after.

TrustMe, Aug 6, 2016
  5. TairikuOkami, Aug 6, 2016
  6. David9723 Win User
    Quiet Hours says for reboots? it's the notification that updates are available to download that bothers games. Guess i could just disable windows update services not sure if that would stop the notifications.

Thanks for the help *Smile

David9723, Aug 6, 2016
  7. The OP could just disconnect his PC from the internet when he desires to play games. That will solve all of his problems. Easy to do if your connected via a LAN cable (Just unplug it) or turn off your internet connection via network settings.

storageman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Annoying update notifications! - Similar Threads - Annoying update notifications

2. Annoying You're Offline Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying You're Offline Notification: I keep getting this "You're Offline" notification and I know I'm offline, I haven't been able to pay my Wifi but it still gives me access to everything but online gaming, I'm still able to stream. But I just really want this notification gone so I can watch stuff in peace. Is...
  3. Annoying You're Offline Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying You're Offline Notification: I keep getting this "You're Offline" notification and I know I'm offline, I haven't been able to pay my Wifi but it still gives me access to everything but online gaming, I'm still able to stream. But I just really want this notification gone so I can watch stuff in peace. Is...
  4. Switch off annoying notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch off annoying notification: Help me stopping the unnecessary notifications on the left side of the windows. It's really annoying to have these while working and these notifications mainly come from steam and epic games. I don't see any option to stop notifications in steam app. It's been more than 3-4...
  5. Annoying notification sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying notification sound: in the past 2 weeks there's this annoying pinging notification sound that happens once in a while, many times a day, and i really cant put my finger on whats playing it. i tried closing unknown and known apps, tried disabling notifications through windows settings, tried...
  6. I have this annoying notification

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have this annoying notification: hello, I have my pc running windows 10 and I have this really annoying notification which I can't turn off whatsoever, it says that controlled folder access by ffmpeg.exe. I press on the notif and it takes me to a weird version of win security I cant press on anything in it?...
  7. Annoying notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying notifications: I would like to know how I can do to remove, disable, disconnect or whatever it is called, notifications from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-notifications/e78ed67d-bddf-42e7-99f5-d257dd2d2562"
  8. HP Print Notification, ANNOYING

HP Print Notification, ANNOYING: Good Day, Following issue presents itself since latest windows update (10.0.18362 Build 18362) HP for some reason keeps popping this up even with "Get notifications from apps and other senders" Set to OFF. There are no active tasks for it in task scheduler and also not in...
  9. Annoying Notifications

Annoying Notifications: How can I uninstall the annoying notifications in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-notifications/eec95bbf-c293-472b-a7bb-bba846f5c471
  10. Annoying microsoft notifications

Annoying microsoft notifications: Does anyone know how to turn off the following pop up from Microsoft? I'm in a website called 'tui' and each time I go on to another page a box pops up at the bottom of my screen saying: 'tui.co.uk wants to send you notifications, but first you need to go to settings and...