Windows 10: Annoying win 10 background traffic

Discus and support Annoying win 10 background traffic in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Very often my PC is not responding to anything because of excessive background traffic by edge.net servers. Nothing works. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by esebm, Mar 6, 2017.

1. esebm Win User

Annoying win 10 background traffic

Hi,
    Very often my PC is not responding to anything because of excessive background traffic by edge.net servers.
    Nothing works.
    Is there any way to turn that off for good?
    Thanks,
    Ed

:)

esebm, Mar 6, 2017
  2. road102 Win User

Nokia Belle Refresh is activating data transfer @ 08:00 AM, no other app running or scheduled

Hi

This is annoying, right after Belle Refresh got installed my Nokia C7 started daily traffic in the morning.

I have all mail sync set to manual, no other app running in background. Just this weird behavior right after the upgrade.

This is odd, i don´t want to block traffic by disabling7eneble data capability every time i need it !!

I have killed all the non system processes, no success. The only way to get disconnected is pressing the "red" button for 5 seconds, but the data (150K app) is already transferred anyway...

Any ideas about how to stop this connection??

Thanks !!

road102, Mar 6, 2017
  3. ArKTaS Win User
    Update to Windows 10 from Win 7 have made programs who uses System.Net.Sockets.Socket not working

Hi! I've tried to capture on IP level all traffic.

The main point here is:

All worked fine in Windows 7, all traffic, includes SSL, who was captured until OS was updated to Win 10.

From that time all SSL traffic have not captured or it might be captured in encrypted form.

Anyway, I have a questions:

- Is that was a bug in win 7 that we can capture SSL before encryption and they fixed it in Win 10;

- Or was added some not documented behaviour to Winsock 2 API ???

ArKTaS, Mar 6, 2017
  4. Annoying win 10 background traffic

Try SETTINGS/PRIVACY/BACKGROUND APPS. I've got a lot of them turned off.

Wiley Coyote, Mar 6, 2017
  5. esebm Win User
    Thanks for the quick response.
    I already had most of that stuff turned, didn't seem to make a difference.

esebm, Mar 6, 2017
  6. What process causes the traffic? I assume svchost?

TairikuOkami, Mar 6, 2017
  7. esebm Win User
    It's a host process and the culprit seems to be an msedge.net host.

esebm, Mar 6, 2017
  8. esebm Win User

I just realized that my wife's PC (which has the exact same win 10 version) does not have that problem.
    Apparently, there is a solution for that annoying bs, just nobody seems to know it.
    Ed

esebm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Annoying win 10 background traffic - Similar Threads - Annoying background traffic

2. Win 10 annoyance.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 annoyance.: My OS: MS Windows 10 ver. 1909 ----------------------------------------------- One of the most annoying things (there are many, too numerous to count... LOL) about W10 occurs only occasionally, but often enough to be extremely annoying & disturbing to me. It happened again,...
  3. MSE + Win 10 + Upgrade from Win 7 = Annoying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSE + Win 10 + Upgrade from Win 7 = Annoying: Hey guys, Hopefully someone can help. While not a huge issue, it is bloody annoying. I recently upgraded from Win 7 Home 64 bit, to the Win 10 equivalent. During the upgrade process, the computer correctly identified and uninstalled MSE (at least, it said it did). Now,...
  4. Dark background in win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark background in win 10: Hello everyone, I have a little problem with dark mode in win 10 system. Whenever i open app such as File explorer, Excel or Microsoft Paint, those programs will run as dark mode display like this photo. [ATTACH]I think it's not totally about dark mode. I've tried many...
  5. Annoying Background and windows processes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying Background and windows processes: How to stop these running processes? They ate my 20% memory. Please help what to do. I also tried to turn them off in the settings but nothing happen...
  6. Microsoft is annoying lately with win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft is annoying lately with win 10: I have had to do this 7 times now, and its so frustrating. Why do I constantly have to remake my master boot record when I add some hardware to my PC? I got a new Mother board and processor. Everything installed perfectly and then suddenly Error code 0xc0000225. Add a...
  7. Win 10 Pro update annoyance

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro update annoyance: I was just watching movie via xtreamer media player when picture freezes,well my PC has restarted after new update. So annoyed with this shit.Now watching movies in peace isn't possible anymore. 23811
  8. Background Apps Annoying

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Background Apps Annoying: howdy since the latest insider preview evaluation copy build 14251.rs1 release 160124-1059 store and pc settings are in background, i use stardock objectdock and god knows how many times a day i get a blue question mark, on clicking it i get store then pc settings, never had...
  9. PC lagging and stuttering during network traffic (Win 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC lagging and stuttering during network traffic (Win 10): So I'm at my wits end on this one. I've searched high and low on just about every forum for a fix to this. My PC seems to stutter and lag during any kind of network traffic to my PC. At first I thought it was just happening when I was watching Youtube vids or downloading...
  10. Annoying background images after installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying background images after installation: -I get an annoying back ground "blink". It is a picture of a computer screen that blinks on and off every few seconds. 17142