Windows 10: another boot problem

Discus and support another boot problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Acer laptop...Windows 10 Since installing Win 10 I have had the following issue: Boot with external power and the LT boots to show the Acer logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leslie123, Aug 20, 2015.

1. leslie123 Win User

another boot problem

Acer laptop...Windows 10

Since installing Win 10 I have had the following issue:

Boot with external power and the LT boots to show the Acer logo

then goes to black screen and stays there....if I turn off external power

it then continues to login window and all is well.

Once logged in if I turn the external power back on all shuts down and i'm back to black screen.

If I leave external power on at black screen I have to shut down manually and reboot to get to sign in window.

thanks for any help

:)

leslie123, Aug 20, 2015

2. another booting problem

If you flashed the OS image only, there's a good chance the contacts should be there.. But flashing the EMMC too would've wiped everything (including your videos)

cpitchford, Aug 20, 2015
  3. phayeser Win User
    another booting problem

It worked!! :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks to cpitchford's responses to other queries, this nube had some confidence to proceed:smileywink:

Almost feeling ballsy enough to try the leaked pr1.2 now but I reckon I just should copy my precious videos over for now!

Also gotta figure out how to get my contacts and sygic software back!

sweet

phayeser, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

another boot problem

Start menu's search box, type "msconfig" and press ENTER. Select "Selective Startup" on the "General" tab. Uncheck "Load Startup Items." Click the "Services" tab. Check "Hide All Microsoft Services." Click "Disable All," and then click "OK." You'll now need to restart your computer,

If this allows you to boot into normal Windows, you'll know some program was stopping it from working correctly.

5. leslie123 Win User
    sorry, that didn't solve the problem

leslie123, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    Well I think you have a hardware problem I suggest you roll back to the windows you had before the upgrade and see if the problem persists, if so it's defiantly hardware.

7. leslie123 Win User
    Already tried that and the problem vanished....only a problem wth Win 10

leslie123, Aug 21, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

another boot problem

Contact your manufacturer to see if this is a common problem and if they have any fix.

Did you take a system image and try a clean install. this has fixed many issues you just need to know that you can get back to where you started before you do a clean install.

9. vram Win User
  10. badrobot Win User
    Sounds like a Power related issue. Check the Power & Sleep settings and play around with the settings.

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

another boot problem

1. another boot problem - Similar Threads - another boot problem

2. Another Problem!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another Problem!!: My laptop is stuck in it's loading screen for the past hour and I am not able to get it to work is there any shortcut that will help shut down the system during the process or if there is any other solution plz let me know URGENT!!!!...
  3. Another Problem!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another Problem!!: My laptop is stuck in it's loading screen for the past hour and I am not able to get it to work is there any shortcut that will help shut down the system during the process or if there is any other solution plz let me know URGENT!!!!...
  4. Another Problem!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. another problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    another problem: The remote service accepts connections encrypted using TLS 1.1. TLS 1.1 lacks support for current and recommended cipher suites. Ciphers that support encryption before MAC computation, and authenticated encryption modes such as GCM cannot be used with TLS 1.1 As of March 31,...
  6. Another failure to boot problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Another failure to boot problem: After doing a windows restore to 17/8/19 I am unable to start my DELL laptop, I get a screen saying “sys restore is initialising then Sys restore is restoring the registry" it remained on that message for ever and eventually shut down. I restarted and got the blue screen...
  7. Linux booting problem after creating another partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linux booting problem after creating another partition: I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI Linux and plenty of apps and rest space as Data partition. However I created another 75 GB partition to install Windows 10...
  8. Another email problem

in Browsers and Email
    Another email problem: Can soemoen tell me why when I click on the mail in the left hand column it sometimes opens a small tab in thr Outlook page instead of a new tab in Edge see pic 92915
  9. another problem with upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    another problem with upgrade: Thanks to this forum I was able to upgrade my Win 7 to 10. But, now another problem has me stumped. My new Win 10 works great UNTIL it updates. I go to shutdown the computer and am told not to shut it down as updates are being downloaded and installed. I wait about 1/2 hour...
  10. Another Update Another Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Another Update Another Problem: Really getting tired of this OS. Second time this happened. 1 >Default browser went back to IE. 2 >Settings opens Control Panel 3 >Programs that should appear on Task bar DON'T 4 >More that I didn't write down 1 > Ran sfc /scannow TWICE nothing 2 > This one is great...