Windows 10: Another can't Update windows 10 issue

Discus and support Another can't Update windows 10 issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all Came here looking for help getting windows 10 to update and see I am not alone*really The update assistant says there is an update due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Paul80, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Paul80 Win User

Another can't Update windows 10 issue

Hi all

Came here looking for help getting windows 10 to update and see I am not alone*really

The update assistant says there is an update due

Another can't Update windows 10 issue [​IMG]

But if I try to update from the assistant it fails and reverts to the previous installation

I have also tried downloading the latest windows 10 iso file and tried to update from a burned DVD and that results in the same reverting to previous installation but giving the error below

Another can't Update windows 10 issue [​IMG]

Following instructions elsewhere I have run the following commans

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

followed by

sfc /scannow

Both of which finished without finding any issues.

Anyone got any idea as to whats going wrong with my update.

Thanks for any help

Don't know if this is anything to do with it, but my windows 10 is an update to a Windows 8.1 instalation, not a clean install that I am reluctant to do if I don't have to as I have a lot of software that would need re-installing if I went down the clean route and as they are all working fine I don't want to tempt fate with a clean instal, especially if that also fails.

Paul

:)

Paul80, Nov 3, 2016

2. Supress Microsoft 10 upgrade pop up

How do you suppress the pop up for the upgrade to Microsoft 10?

Microsoft 10 update issue, Nov 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 notification and icon won't go away

When will the issue be resolved?

Microsoft 10 update issue, Nov 3, 2016
  4. UKMedia Win User

Hi Paul

Have you tried running the update trouble shooter? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter

Regards

UKMedia, Nov 3, 2016
  5. Paul80 Win User
    thanks for the link

I ran the troubleshooter tool and it found and fixed one error.

I then ran the update tool again and again it failed to install the update, resulting in the now common restoring previous version of windows message.

Thanks again for you input.

Paul

Paul80, Nov 3, 2016
  6. Paul80 Win User
    One point to note, is if I run the tool as admin it says its found and fixed one problem, if I run it again it says its found and fixed one problem. looks like its not fixing what ever the problem is, although I can't find what the problem is as its not telling me.

Paul80, Nov 3, 2016
  7. UKMedia Win User
    Sorry if this is a silly question but how much free disk space do you have?

Regards

UKMedia, Nov 3, 2016
  8. Another can't Update windows 10 issue

TairikuOkami, Nov 3, 2016
  9. UKMedia Win User
    Also, did you reboot the PC after running the Trouble Shooter?

UKMedia, Nov 3, 2016
  10. Paul80 Win User
    Free space is 1.6TB

Yes did a reboot after running trouble shooter.

One more thing I have found out

If I run the Windows 10 update assistant it shows I am running v.10586 and that v.14393 is the latest version so an update is needed.

If I run Updates & Security and check for updates it says I am already up to date.

Something odd going on here.

Paul

Paul80, Nov 3, 2016
  11. UKMedia Win User
    The Update Assistant does often show updates that are scheduled but not deployed yet to everyone, so I'm not surprised about that. Have you tried the script found by TairikuOkami?

Regards

UKMedia, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Another can't Update windows 10 issue - Similar Threads - Another can't Update

2. Another issue...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another issue...: I was installing new updates for November recently. Computer has been on "Getting Windows ready" for like 15 minutes. I can't turn it off because that will likely corrupt my drive.Can't do anything...please help....
  3. Another issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another issue: I am updating to version 1.373.1586.0, the one where it gets rid of the hive notifications but it says that the installing is 0. It went to 100, then 0 again, then said I was up-to-date. Is something wrong with my computer?...
  4. Another issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another issue: I am updating to version 1.373.1586.0, the one where it gets rid of the hive notifications but it says that the installing is 0. It went to 100, then 0 again, then said I was up-to-date. Is something wrong with my computer?...
  5. another issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    another issue!: On my windows 10, when I click "quick scan" for searching for unwanted programs on my computer, it just shows that I clicked it and doesn't scan. I don't have any unwanted, but what did I do wrong? Is my computer messed up?...
  6. another issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    another issue!: On my windows 10, when I click "quick scan" for searching for unwanted programs on my computer, it just shows that I clicked it and doesn't scan. I don't have any unwanted, but what did I do wrong? Is my computer messed up?...
  7. another issue!

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Yet Another Issue with KB4601319 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yet Another Issue with KB4601319 update: Yesterday, my brand new PC downloaded and installed the Windows Cumulative Update 20H2. Ever since then, it asks to be restarted to install the update and no matter how many times I restart, it continues with that nonsense. According to Windows properties, my current...
  9. another 1803 issue - windows 10 update 0x80246019

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    another 1803 issue - windows 10 update 0x80246019: got my internet choked off by another damn update, calling itself feature update to 1803. 2.5 hrs later it installed, got to about 90+% then came up w/ the above fail. when i looked at the installed update list/history, it said the fail was 0x80240034, which seems to be a...
  10. Another Windows 10 wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Another Windows 10 wifi issue: Pc info Os: Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.36 Version: 1511 Processor: AMD A-105750M APU with Radeon 64 bit ------ This morning I logged on to my computerand noticed my wifi was not working. It says that the wifi is connected but there is no internet access. I have spent 3...