Windows 10: Another Desktop Icon Question

Discus and support Another Desktop Icon Question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey @: I just found that you can Ctrl+Shift+6 for desktop 'list' view, then Ctrl+Scroll for visible icon size and retain list view. Doesn't survive a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Del 80, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Cliff S New Member

Another Desktop Icon Question

Looks good on Blinds @Edwin*Thumbs

Cliff S, Apr 2, 2016
  2. Edwin New Member

You're darn right it does!

Of all the times I denounced 'Eye Candy', now I'm hooked!!! *Redface

Edwin, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Cliff S New Member
    Of God! Eye candy makes the system fun to use(not necessarily better).
    And with Win10's very low memory use.... why the heck not!

Cliff S, Apr 2, 2016
  4. Del 80 Win User

O.k.......... Although the initial question has been resolved, I am not able to do the same with this forum's desktop icon.........I create a file, send it to downloads, then try to change the icon.......but it always says ''no icons in this folder''......or words to that effect.........what am I doing wrong ?..........Del.

Del 80, Apr 2, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Apr 2, 2016
  6. Del 80 Win User
    Marvellous !!............Job done.........I used IcoConverter...........Thank you...........Del.

Del 80, Apr 2, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    You'll get hooked customizing icons, I did. I have some posted for download, and custom Tile packs for the Start Screen, in this forum: Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums
    On most posts, I have also posted instructions how to apply them.

Cliff S, Apr 2, 2016
  8. Del 80 Win User

Hey Cliff........You are right, this could get pretty addictive.......now using a free program called Cool Utils.......it allows JPEG to Ico. conversion.......another lesson learned.........Marvellous !!.............Del.

Del 80, Apr 3, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    What's needed is a quick way of reapplying customised icons after a major upgrade (which will happen periodically.. Redmond..) or an in-place upgrade repair ..

dalchina, Apr 3, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    I never had a problem with that.*Smile And most of my icons are customized, and quite a few 3rd party tiles to boot.

Cliff S, Apr 3, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Apr 3, 2016
  12. Del 80 Win User
    Think I will leave the recycle bin alone..........just done Ancestry, and it has worked o.k..........now, what else can I change ?........Del.

Del 80, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Another Desktop Icon Question - Similar Threads - Another Desktop Icon

2. Another question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another question: How would i download a file iso image for windows 10 for a vm or oracle vm the problem i have is "virtual machine failed to boot that might be caused by missing boot or iso"...
  3. Another question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another question: How would i download a file iso image for windows 10 for a vm or oracle vm the problem i have is "virtual machine failed to boot that might be caused by missing boot or iso"...
  4. desktop icon in question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icon in question: My desktop icons are gone after certain update. I restarted the computer, and it is still missing. Even my files are missing as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-in-question/18b8d13f-2134-4d42-be3c-2584865599ae
  5. desktop icon in question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icon in question: My desktop icons are gone after certain update. I restarted the computer, and it is still missing. Even my files are missing as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-in-question/18b8d13f-2134-4d42-be3c-2584865599ae
  6. desktop icon in question

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. another question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    another question: i have also another question, i frienquently have blue screens that crash my computer, how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-question/e3bf001e-011f-4d4b-9be3-08255afeb101
  8. Have icons on another desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have icons on another desktop: I was wondering with the task view feature is it possible to have icons on one desktop while keeping another blank? i want to have my primary blank with a secondary with all my icons. submitted by /u/iDSR [link] [comments]...
  9. Another green tick overlays on desktop icons question.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another green tick overlays on desktop icons question.: I am aware this issue has come up many times before, but: 1 I can't find a resent post on the topic. 2 None of the solutions I've found work. 3 I have some more specific information that may help identify the problem. First, what I've tried. 1 Refreshing the desktop...
  10. Desktop Icons Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Question: Running Windows 10 Home ed. New to win 10 and when I created some desktop icons for example Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird and a Shutdown shortcut icon there is an image of what appears to be a sheet of paper folded on the top right corner superimposed over the icon...