Windows 10: Another DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION thread

Discus and support Another DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION thread in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I continually get BSOD with this error, with no consistent way to reproduce it. After some investigation, I tried updating all drivers with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by darkpck, Aug 26, 2018.

1. darkpck Win User

Another DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION thread

Hi all,
    I continually get BSOD with this error, with no consistent way to reproduce it. After some investigation, I tried updating all drivers with Driver Easy, confirmed that SSD firmware is up to date, and did a memory test.

The output of DM Log collector is attached. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks a lot.

DESKTOP-HP84HHU-Sun_08_26_2018_144713_02.zip

:)

darkpck, Aug 26, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Aug 26, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Windows 10 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on restart

Hello Tom,

There may be several reasons why you are getting this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did this issue started happening?
    • Does this error come with an error code/number?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done aside from the ones mentioned above?

In the meantime, you can check on this
    thread
    and refer to the post of ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP). It discusses steps on what you can do with these kinds of stop errors.

We're looking forward for our reply.

John Vil, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Hi Steve,

For us to effectively assist you to resolve the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?

You will be getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error if the hardware driver is having an issue. Please check the following thread to resolve this:

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Another DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION thread - Similar Threads - Another DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION thread

2. Another VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D thread

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D thread: HelloI've seen a number of these threads. Can I ask for some help regarding this, as well? Tried Malwarebytes, Defender offline scan and ESET full scan, and nothing fixed it.Here is the FRST.txt:...
  3. Another Kernel Power 41 Thread

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another Kernel Power 41 Thread: Hi folks, After working on this issue for months I've decided to finally start asking. I have a PC that keeps going down with Kernel Power 41 in the event log. I've tried just about every software fix the internet has to suggest and even formatted the drive a few days ago....
  4. Another crash thread

Another crash thread: Okay, so, the main problem is, while I'm playing, for example, The Witcher 3, I sometimes get a black screen in the middle of gaming. Monitor goes to power saving mode and I can hear the buzzing noise coming from my speakers sometimes, or the audio just continues to play but...
  5. Yet Another BSOD Boot Loop Thread...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yet Another BSOD Boot Loop Thread...: Hey all. Wondering next step recommendations from a bunch of bsod errors... I apologise in advance if I'm posting incorrectly, with too little info, or in the wrong place. This is my first post, yay. So, I'm getting: system thread exception not handled (sometimes shows...
  6. Yes another no audio thread Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yes another no audio thread Windows 10: [ATTACH] OK so I bought a new smart TV after black Friday, installed it about two weeks ago. Sometime in the last, let's say 4 days, audio stopped working. I usually show my kids bedtime videos every night, but not last night and can't remember since they were being crazy...
  7. Another "no internet access with default switch" thread

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Another "no internet access with default switch" thread: I see there are plenty of these out there already but none of them seemed to answer the problem I'm having. My host machine is Windows 10 Pro, fully updated. I've been running a VM using Hyper-V for some months now. It runs Windows 10 1709 and uses the default switch. No...
  8. yet another 0xc000007b thread

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yet another 0xc000007b thread: I've done pretty much everything. I've looked at other threads, I've restarted, I've updated my drivers, I added some dll files. I reinstalled the game that causes the problems. I was looking to see if anyone had any tips on how to get rid of this. I have: Recently switched...
  9. Another Windows 10 / WMP compatibility thread...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another Windows 10 / WMP compatibility thread...: I have upgraded several of my family's PCs from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Pro. In all but the last one -- a laptop -- WMP 12 is present after the upgrade, shows up in the default apps list, and works perfectly. With the last one it did not show up in the list and I...
  10. Another DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION victim

Another DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION victim: Yet another DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION Stop Error 0x0..133 victim. I just wanted to know more information on what this is and if any remedy can be found. I have An Acer E5-721-80EE laptop that I updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 late last year. I also reset the laptop by...