Windows 10: Another Fix that works with Samsung Magician 4.7

Discus and support Another Fix that works with Samsung Magician 4.7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I saw this on Microsoft web site, using a hack tool to enable to Raid Mode button, click it on, reboot and voila you have Rapid Mode turned on! My C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by awalt, Sep 2, 2015.

1. awalt Win User

Another Fix that works with Samsung Magician 4.7

I saw this on Microsoft web site, using a hack tool to enable to Raid Mode button, click it on, reboot and voila you have Rapid Mode turned on! My C: drive had this change before/after:

Sequential Read: 562 -> 4975
    Random Read 95687 -> 151673
    Sequential Write 532 -> 4078
    Random Write 85422 -> 68517

I am running Windows 10 Pro, Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB, Samsung Magician 4.7

Here is the hack: all it does is in the running process enable the Rapid Mode that is disabled. It makes no change to executable or any other files.

1) Download and install the latest version of ProcessHacker2 - Overview - Process Hacker
    2) Open Samsung Magician and navigate to the Rapid Mode tab
    3) Run ProcessHacker2 as Administrator then find and select the Samsung Magician.exe process in ProcessHacker2, right click and select Miscellaneous -> Windows
    4) Search for the item listed with Samsung Magician as the text
    5) Drill down and expand MDIClient
    6) Find the first item SCort_ChildFrame that is not grayed out and expand it as well as it's SCort_SAT_View item
    7) Right click on the Button with the text Enable and select Enabled
    8) Click the Enable button in Samsung Magician!

link to the original post and thanks to the poster Steve Framstad, on page 4 in my browser (shows some screen shots there):
    Samsung Magician software doesnt recognize Windows 10, wont - Microsoft Community

Another Fix that works with Samsung Magician 4.7 [​IMG]

:)

awalt, Sep 2, 2015
  2. DBusyBee Win User

SATA drive can't Optimize since Windows 10 upgrade (from 7) - Non-AHCI NVIDIA Controller

Nah I got the latest Samsung Magician 4.7 that was recently released in August 2015, after Windows 10. You may want to upgrade too.

Defraggler, similar to MS Defragmenter, detects an SSD drive and optimises, never defragmenting an SSD!

DBusyBee, Sep 2, 2015
  3. SATA drive can't Optimize since Windows 10 upgrade (from 7) - Non-AHCI NVIDIA Controller

Samsung Magician came out prior to Windows 10 release. I don't understand why you'd use
    "Defraggler" when it is for HDDs. "A proactive solution that helps prevent hard drive defragmentation before it occurs." HDDs.

ChronicleMe, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Word Man, Sep 2, 2015
  5. jean7of9 Win User
    awalt: Thanks a million time. I've been looking long time for this.

jean7of9, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Another Fix that works with Samsung Magician 4.7 - Similar Threads - Another Fix works

2. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  3. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  4. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: So I have 3 machines (Win10 64-bit) and with Magician 5.3.0 installed. One machine has de OP space not located at the end. I can not seem to change this. See screenshots below. Is this a problem or doesn't it matter? Thanks. [img] [img] [img] 125949
  5. does samsung magician still not working ?

does samsung magician still not working ?: if you did a clean install of the latest windows 10 version Samsung magician will shot ahci disabled but if you just updated it will be ok I just want to khnow for people for did a clean install does magician still show ahci disabled or they fixed it ? 67258
  6. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: I just tested Defrag for SSD on 2 devices. Either the possible other processes we talked about are so fast that I could not see what else was going on or it only did a single TRIM command. Exactly as it should be. *Smile *Ditto and garbage collection controlled by the...
  7. Samsung Magician 4.7 Released

Samsung Magician 4.7 Released: Samsung has updated their SSD tweaking software. Samsung SSD software page Download User Manual New in Version 4.7 Magician version 4.7 features a number of improvements over version 4.6: New model support: 850 PRO 2TB, 850 EVO 2TB Advanced Performance...
  8. Samsung Magician 4.95

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician 4.95: Samsung has released a new version of Magician. All features work in Windows 10. TRIM is turned off so that Windows can perform that task. 37873
  9. Samsung Magician 4.8

Samsung Magician 4.8: Now that Samsung's Magician software is finally available for Windows 10, I have my SSD running with Rapid Mode again. I notice that the application has created a start up entry "Samsung Rapid Mode Notification Utility". This places an icon in the right corner of the...
  10. Samsung Magician

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician: Samsung Magician Version 5.2 [img] http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201707/20170726234338606/Samsung_New_Magician_Installation_guide.pdf ***Important information, please read the pdf*** *Smile Ya'lls truly Cliff [/quote] One thing I hope is, Samsung gets...