Windows 10: Another Font Problem

Discus and support Another Font Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello friends at the TenForums, I'm having a problem with fonts in Windows 10. They are difficult to read, not sharp. The only exception I've found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pav1, Aug 18, 2017.

1. pav1 Win User

Another Font Problem

Hello friends at the TenForums,

I'm having a problem with fonts in Windows 10. They are difficult to read, not sharp. The only exception I've found is that they look ok in Windows font viewer except for the font info at the top, (name, version, etc.). Images look clear. I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

2. Fonts on web pages wrong since Win 10 upgrade

It's one of your fonts that is the problem I think, for me it was the all the fonts with the name Jungle in them after I removed them the text turned to a normal font. Your fonts are located here C:\Windows\Fonts look for the font that is your culprit
    and first close all programs that are using that font then delete that font, that should make it resort back to the default font this it is supposed to be. I didn't figure this out someone else posted it in another location, I hope it solves your problem,
    it worked for me.

R3V3RS3PARAD0X, Aug 18, 2017
  3. This Edge Browser uses a wacky font, how do I change it?

I had this problem. Mine was showing/substituting the Alien League font. I grabbed the Arial font from another computer (arial.ttf), moved it to my problem machine and installed it over the current Arial. I believe the problem lies in bad 3rd party
    font installations, good luck!

Andrew G Nelson, Aug 18, 2017
  4. Another Font Problem

Hi pav1.

Have you check your settings in your display adapter. (AMD, Nvida) Might be simpler to just hit reset on adapter software and then reapply customizations if you've applied. If you do this note current settings so you can replace.

Additionally if you enter Windows Settings, Start => Settings => System, and then in search bar type Calibrate, it should bring up a colour calibration option. If you go through this the second part helps set up the displaying of some fonts.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 19, 2017
  5. pav1 Win User
    Hi Ken, thanks for the response. I checked Nvidia control and don't see anything out of the ordinary, the settings appear to be default. I also tried the calibration and did not notice much difference. The thing I don't understand is there's no consistency. Desktop fonts and fonts in Windows font viewer look good. Start menu, Google Chrome and fonts in other programs look strange.

6. Cliff S New Member
    Do you happen to be using a monitor with a resolution higher than 1080p? 4K for example.(this is why it is important one fills out his system specs on the forum*Wink)

It then has to do with the DPI scaling settings(which Microsoft hasn't quite got the spin on yet*Sad):

Here are a couple of tutorials from @Brink

To adjust system DPI settings:
    Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

For 3rd party programs:
    Change Compatibility Mode Settings for Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Cliff S, Aug 19, 2017
  7. pav1 Win User
    Figured it out, It wasn't Windows or the graphics adapter, my Asus monitor was in Scenic mode, I switched it to standard and no more blurry text.

8. Another Font Problem

Thanks for posting your solution. Please mark the thread solved so others will find.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Another Font Problem

1. Another Font Problem - Similar Threads - Another Font Problem

2. Another Problem!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another Problem!!: My laptop is stuck in it's loading screen for the past hour and I am not able to get it to work is there any shortcut that will help shut down the system during the process or if there is any other solution plz let me know URGENT!!!!...
  3. Another Problem!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another Problem!!: My laptop is stuck in it's loading screen for the past hour and I am not able to get it to work is there any shortcut that will help shut down the system during the process or if there is any other solution plz let me know URGENT!!!!...
  4. Another Problem!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Font Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Font Problem: Hello, I have tried to delete all fonts because I had a lot of them and followed a tutorial and deleted them from the registry editor then the system failed to load and I used a restore point to fix the problem and windows somehow worked after several restarts, but I faced a...
  6. Font Problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font Problem?: I have a program, Aldfaer, that shows in the titlebar see image left of the word 'Doneer!' a ? in stead of the €sign. Below in front of '71' and '1700' also a question mark in stead of +/- In my research it appears to be a Dell pc problem because many Dell users have the...
  7. On Google I downloaded another Font

On Google I downloaded another Font: I want to use that font in my blogger. But don't know how it's done. Appreciate any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-google-i-downloaded-another-font/3f2384ab-2f82-41f0-a38a-56c562cbdc77
  8. another problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    another problem: The remote service accepts connections encrypted using TLS 1.1. TLS 1.1 lacks support for current and recommended cipher suites. Ciphers that support encryption before MAC computation, and authenticated encryption modes such as GCM cannot be used with TLS 1.1 As of March 31,...
  9. Font Problem

Font Problem: [ATTACH] Hey y'all recently i've had a font issue where all my fonts turned into weird symbols and was able to (partially) resolve it with the help of a youtube guide. But, the fonts for windows or tabs or wtv like the one in the picture have not returned to default font and...
  10. Another Update Another Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Another Update Another Problem: Really getting tired of this OS. Second time this happened. 1 >Default browser went back to IE. 2 >Settings opens Control Panel 3 >Programs that should appear on Task bar DON'T 4 >More that I didn't write down 1 > Ran sfc /scannow TWICE nothing 2 > This one is great...