Windows 10: another instance is running......

Discus and support another instance is running...... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; every time i open my computer, it will pop a message——another instance is running. i don't konw what happened.i wonder how to find the error but there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yogurt-woooo!, Aug 9, 2018.

1. another instance is running......

every time i open my computer, it will pop a message——another instance is running. i don't konw what happened.i wonder how to find the error but there are no approches to search it. and i have not met any questions by now.however it is annoyed for me to see that message.

:)

Yogurt-woooo!, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User
    Pavan_N, Aug 9, 2018
  3. another instance is running

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Are you using multiple user accounts? If yes, is this issue persists when logging in with other user account as well?

I suggest you to follow the below method to disable startup programs using Task Manager and check.

- Right-click on the Windows icon, select Task Manager.

- Go to Start-Up tab and disable the program from the list of items.

Alternatively, you can also disable by,

a) Type “run” in the search bar.

b) In the run command, type: shell:startup

From the start-up folder, delete all the program from the start-Up and reboot the device to verify the results.

If the issue still persists, let’s do a clean boot and identify the cause.Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article
    mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

Refer the below given link to learn how to perform a clean boot in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in
    "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    to reset computer as usual.

Hope this helps. If you have any other queries, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Praveen Venugopal, Aug 9, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

another instance is running......

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond another instance is running...... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

another instance is running......

1. another instance is running...... - Similar Threads - another instance running

2. Remapping one Appkey instance as another in the Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remapping one Appkey instance as another in the Registry Editor: I have a Logitech keyboard with extra keys for media, calculator etc. I know that I can remap them to open applications instead by inserting a ShellExecute String Value with the path of the related app in the corresponding AppKey entry for example:...
  3. Remapping one Appkey instance as another in the Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remapping one Appkey instance as another in the Registry Editor: I have a Logitech keyboard with extra keys for media, calculator etc. I know that I can remap them to open applications instead by inserting a ShellExecute String Value with the path of the related app in the corresponding AppKey entry for example:...
  4. Remapping one Appkey instance as another in the Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Another instance running configuration system failed to initialise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another instance running configuration system failed to initialise: What is the problem with this company!!! I am getting this annoying pop up since long time... I tried booting the computer... Used that scannow ****, shows everything is fine... I used troubleshoot it show nothing.... I tried to contact this microsoft people but that annoying...
  6. Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running: My Win 10 laptop has been low on memory and high on CPU usage (Windows Explorer specifically, 20-40% at all times) but the amount of memory used by running processes in Task Manager does not correlate to the percentage that TM indicates is being used. I heard about RAMMap so...
  7. "Another Instance is running Configuration system failed to initialize . . . How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Another Instance is running Configuration system failed to initialize . . . How do I fix this?: [IMG] The error message appears every time I boot windows up. I have tried using powershell to scan for corrupted files but it didn't work....
  8. Another Instance is Running-Configuration System Failed to Initialize

Another Instance is Running-Configuration System Failed to Initialize: I and getting this whenever I start my laptop. I tried doing the sfc /scannow but it came out saying there were no problems. What else can I do?...
  9. Windows 10 file explorer copies settings from one instance to another. Instance settings...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file explorer copies settings from one instance to another. Instance settings...: I discovered some while ago that when I change the settings for File Explorer in one instance, the settings are not replicated to a new instance created from that instance on the task bar. I was told in a question that this is normal behaviour. The new instance gets the...
  10. Message: "Another instance running - Configuration system failed to initialise" ?

Message: "Another instance running - Configuration system failed to initialise" ?: Hi, I have got for months now "Another instance running - Configuration system failed to initialise", and I have a lot of trouble starting my laptop! It is a Samsung laptop that I upgraded to Win10. Do I have to somehow get rind of Win7 in the background? Cheers KJG...