Windows 10: Another internet problem on upgrade

Discus and support Another internet problem on upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just upgraded my desktop to 10 Pro and lost the internet connection. The wireless network appears to be working OK. When I run the diagnostic it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by canuck257, Dec 7, 2015.

1. canuck257 Win User

Another internet problem on upgrade

I just upgraded my desktop to 10 Pro and lost the internet connection. The wireless network appears to be working OK. When I run the diagnostic it produces this message.

"The default gateway is not available"

Can somebody please tell me what this means and how I fix it?

:)

canuck257, Dec 7, 2015

2. Another internet sharing problem with the Lumia 920

have you enabled Internet sharing on the phone in the Settings? I have internet sharing on my 920 and it works perfectly, then again it isn't locked to a carrier or network-branded. Sounds like you will have to enquire with your network carrier as they
    may have locked down the functionality in their own custom firmware for your 920.

adrianhughesNSD, Dec 7, 2015
  3. JR3291 Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade

After the Windows 10 upgrade, I am required to login with a password. I have read on the internet that this is an ongoing problem. In addition, because I can't login, I can't fix my internet connection. I have another laptop that works on my internet
    connection just fine.

JR3291, Dec 7, 2015
  4. canuck257 Win User

I have a laptop on this same wireless network running 8.1 and the internet connection works fine on that. I have compared the wireless settings for both computers and the only difference is the IPv4 address'
    The desktop (Win 10) is 192.168.1.251
    The laptop (WIN 8.1) is 192.168.1.49

Could this difference be the cause of my problems and, if so, how do I change it?

canuck257, Dec 7, 2015
  5. Vaio 7 Win User
    No problem with ip addresses, both are valid, check my posts here: Unidentified Network on Windows 10 Laptop and see if that helps. It may, it may not. ( Update NIC drivers).
    Please post back.

Vaio 7, Dec 7, 2015
  6. canuck257 Win User
    Thank you for getting back to me and for the link. Sorry to say that much of what the link contains goes right over my head as in, I don't understand most of what is said.

I believe you are saying to update the (NIC???) ethernet drivers. If that is so, then how do I do that with no internet connection?

canuck257, Dec 8, 2015
  7. Vaio 7 Win User
    If your wireless connection is working, download and save the drivers to a folder.
    Alternatively, use another pc and save the file on a flash drive or external HDD and paste these files to your pc.
    Then update the drivers via Device Manager or use the executable, if available, and update... simple as that.

Vaio 7, Dec 8, 2015
  8. canuck257 Win User

Thanks for the guidance. I did as you suggested and updated the driver using the executable. I then employed the wizard to detect and connect to the router which did not work. I tried inputting the details manually which also did not work. I'm getting very close to reverting to 8.1

canuck257, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Another internet problem on upgrade - Similar Threads - Another internet problem

2. Another Problem!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another Problem!!: My laptop is stuck in it's loading screen for the past hour and I am not able to get it to work is there any shortcut that will help shut down the system during the process or if there is any other solution plz let me know URGENT!!!!...
  3. Another Problem!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another Problem!!: My laptop is stuck in it's loading screen for the past hour and I am not able to get it to work is there any shortcut that will help shut down the system during the process or if there is any other solution plz let me know URGENT!!!!...
  4. Another Problem!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. another problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    another problem: The remote service accepts connections encrypted using TLS 1.1. TLS 1.1 lacks support for current and recommended cipher suites. Ciphers that support encryption before MAC computation, and authenticated encryption modes such as GCM cannot be used with TLS 1.1 As of March 31,...
  6. Another Newby with a SSD to SSD upgrade problem...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another Newby with a SSD to SSD upgrade problem...: So, yes, I am a newby here, and know just enough to be dangerous... So please flame me gently! I have an HP laptop with 128gb SSD and 1tb hdd. OS lives on the SSD, which is too small. So I am trying to upgrade the SSD to 1tb. I cloned the existing SSD to my new 1tb SSD via...
  7. internet problems after upgrading to win10pro

internet problems after upgrading to win10pro: When I found out about the problems with the october 2018 update date files deletion issues, I updated my wife's work computer from win10home edition (build 1803) to win10pro edition (build 1803) so that she could use the scheduling tools in the pro version to put in a long...
  8. another problem with upgrade

another problem with upgrade: Thanks to this forum I was able to upgrade my Win 7 to 10. But, now another problem has me stumped. My new Win 10 works great UNTIL it updates. I go to shutdown the computer and am told not to shut it down as updates are being downloaded and installed. I wait about 1/2 hour...
  9. Problem upgrading to windows10. Tried everything on the internet !!

Problem upgrading to windows10. Tried everything on the internet !!: Please need help. I'm tiered calling MS support. I am having a Sony Vaio 15137 e series came with win 8 os. I updated it to windows 8.1 when its launched. And a few days before I reset It to windows 8. Now I tried upgrading it to windows 10 but failed. Later according to...
  10. Another Update Another Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Another Update Another Problem: Really getting tired of this OS. Second time this happened. 1 >Default browser went back to IE. 2 >Settings opens Control Panel 3 >Programs that should appear on Task bar DON'T 4 >More that I didn't write down 1 > Ran sfc /scannow TWICE nothing 2 > This one is great...