Windows 10: Another MS GLITCH - Photo Gallery unusable w/Screen Saver what th-(?)!

Discus and support Another MS GLITCH - Photo Gallery unusable w/Screen Saver what th-(?)! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; • QUESTION is: Will you be returning the ability to use Photo Gallery without the glitch of needing a hard reboot to turn off the screen saver? •... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AwmostDone, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Another MS GLITCH - Photo Gallery unusable w/Screen Saver what th-(?)!

QUESTION is: Will you be returning the ability to use Photo Gallery without the glitch of needing a hard reboot to turn off the screen saver?

Photo Gallery was working fine before newest Windows 10 Update on 8-18-2018.

• Now all my photos must be placed in a separate folder I've created titled All Photos so that I can put the gallery of photos I want to show as my background slide show and screen saver from the default Windows 10 Photos file folder.

• What the actual deuce Microsoft? How is this better or an update?

• This is making it harder for me to save photos, as I now have to put them in that special folder because you've dumbed down the system I purchased from you to not be able to read its own files created by the user - why pray-tell was this necessary?

• Just another reason for users to regulate changes through vote; I'll wager that had you asked 99% of your users through poll or email or some other form of marketing survey, 99.9% of them wouldn't have wanted you to make the switch from being easily able to use their Photo Gallery file back to having to outsmart Microsoft and back-end it.

• Or was that what you were intending? A battle of wits for your users?

• I guarantee we'll win, but users might start feeling used -paying out good $$ for MS products (Windows, Office365, etc.) only to have perfectly working applications updated to have serious glitches. Please stop BETA testing your stuff on live users.

If you have a solution to put back the Photo Gallery option, I'm all ears, otherwise I will Google how to back-end my MS products so they work to my advantage.

Thank you,

CK

:)

AwmostDone, Aug 19, 2018

2. screen saver glitch

Hi Deb,

Certain system features can get affected after a recent feature update due to your current screen saver option. Another possible cause is profile corruption. Just to check, may we know if you have already tried to change the screen saver selection from Photo
    Gallery to Photos? Check if the same thing happens after doing so. Most users who have experienced the same issue suggested this procedure.

Let us know the progress and update of your troubleshooting.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 19, 2018
  3. JohnnyGomez, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Another MS GLITCH - Photo Gallery unusable w/Screen Saver what th-(?)!

Screen Saver Photo Gallery: Photos Taken in Portrait Orientation Appear Sideways

I run Windows 10 Home on my PC.

Under Screen Saver Settings, I've chosen to have the screen saver use photos from my Pictures folder.

Steps I took: Control Panel > Personalization >Screen Saver (Settings) > In the drop down menu I chose the "Photo Gallery" option, then specified the subfolder to use.

As the screen saver cycles through the photos in my chosen folder, all the shots I originally took in portrait orientation appear sideways. None of those rotates automatically.

It's a bug in Windows 10. Hundreds of people have registered the same problem in numerous online forums.

It should be quick and easy for Microsoft to fix and include in the next update. Does anyone know a way to reach Microsoft to have this problem addressed?

Paul A. Rainbow, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Another MS GLITCH - Photo Gallery unusable w/Screen Saver what th-(?)!

1. Another MS GLITCH - Photo Gallery unusable w/Screen Saver what th-(?)! - Similar Threads - Another GLITCH Photo

2. Photo screen saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo screen saver: Why do I continue to receive MS screen-saver photos that I have already, time and time again, selected as not being a fan of, whereas photos that I really enjoyed and selected as such; I rarely see. Is this some sort of PSYOPS, algorithmic experiment?...
  3. MS Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Photo Gallery: Trying to reinstall MS Photo gallery on replacement hard drive- Windows 10, but it isn't successful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-photo-gallery/026d7cd5-c07e-40d4-9e58-fb6c1fc2adf5
  4. Screen saver settings in lock screen - windows live photo gallery keeps reverting to none

Screen saver settings in lock screen - windows live photo gallery keeps reverting to none: Live photo gallery pictures keeps reverting to none. Works fine for a while then rebels. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-settings-in-lock-screen-windows-live/3cfae0f5-34cf-494b-b557-ae779e633bca
  5. my screen saver will not turn off in windows 10 using photo gallery as saver

my screen saver will not turn off in windows 10 using photo gallery as saver: my screen saver will not turn off in windows 10 using photo gallery as saver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-saver-will-not-turn-off-in-windows-10/27a22585-19c2-463f-a9bb-3e3dd9d4c69c
  6. Screen Saver Photos

Screen Saver Photos: I have thousands of family photos that I am finally using for my screen saver. My question: is there a way to see exactly what folder a photo is located or the file name of the photo that is being displayed? My problem is that a photo comes across my screen that I may want to...
  7. Windows 10 photo gallery screen saver wont display videos except for wmv

Windows 10 photo gallery screen saver wont display videos except for wmv: I spent some time now in searching a screensaver for windows 10 that simply lets me play multiple videos in random order as screensaver. Just like apple aerial, but with own videos. I failed. The only way to do this seems to be the Windows Photo Gallery Screensaver. But:...
  8. Screen Saver photos

Screen Saver photos: In Windows 10, where are the Microsoft photos used in the screen saver stored? I want to pick a particular to be the permanent screen saver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-photos/28aef7fc-e8e1-4d78-9e25-e6c9aa264f9c
  9. using windows photo gallery as screen saver

using windows photo gallery as screen saver: using windows photo gallery as screen saver some of my photos appear on their side. How can I avoid this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-windows-photo-gallery-as-screen-saver/50714d04-e20f-49ca-a03e-1ca6dc948494
  10. Screen Saver Photos

Screen Saver Photos: Hi I love the screen saver photographs but not the uninspiring/uninspired questions/statements that were later added that now ruin my personal unadulterated experience of just the pure image itself. Is there any way to remove these links to the words and instead have a...