Windows 10: Another Nvidia/Win10 Nightmare (No Signal)

Discus and support Another Nvidia/Win10 Nightmare (No Signal) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Hope someone can assist. Last Saturday my bedroom HTPC came down with a bad case of Cerber {ransomware: thanks Russian knobs}. As it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gkar, Jul 4, 2016.

1. gkar Win User

Another Nvidia/Win10 Nightmare (No Signal)

Hi,

Hope someone can assist.

Last Saturday my bedroom HTPC came down with a bad case of Cerber {ransomware: thanks Russian knobs}. As it was only a basic media streamer I decided to just wipe & format ALL internal drives/partitions, as well as any USB sticks that had been in the machine, thinking it a simple matter to reinstall my latest Acronis True Image image. The HTPC is connected to older Samsung HD ready LCD TV via HDMI, which operates Logitech 5.1 analogue speaker set, from Asus Xonar DG soundcard.

I originally upgraded from Win7 Home Premium via a clean install using ISO. I never had ANY issues with the unit.

Upon first reinstall attempt, I got the 'no signal'. Thinking it was an install glitch I just reinstalled again: same thing! I have spent the last two-odd days trying to sort this BS out [which has included significant levels of research & forum reading]. I don't get ANY cursor, or indication of responsiveness on-screen. This is what happened, & what I've attempted to date:

-downloaded & tried 4 different GeForce driver packages (341.95, 341.92, 341.81, & 333.02 {that's what Driver Talent said was the correct version})
    -in between attempts, I used latest DDU to do clean uninstall back to the Basic Display Drivers.

-upgraded AS Rock G41C-GS mobo to latest BIOS -1.40 -please don't anyone come on & say this mobo isn't Win10 compliant; it was operating flawlessly for over 5 months; with the older 1.20 BIOS. This is a legacy BIOS variant: no mod-cons with this unit.

-EVERYTIME I remove back to Basic VGA drivers the system works perfectly. This is with VGA ports on both the onboard & card ports. As soon as I attempt to install Nvidia drivers, I get black screen, on both ports.

-tried disabling fast restart in <Power Options>

-& all the other seemingly obvious fixes mentioned on around 10 different sites; including this one.

Think that's about all I can think that I've tried, but may be wrong. My brains like mush at present. Don't know what to do, from here. I can't get Mediaportal up-&-running until I can sort this mess out. All & any help, ideas, observations would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, can't use safe mode with networking as I am LAN connected via WiFi 802.AC card.
    Oh yeah, again, Damn... can't think what I was going to say *Doh
    -that's right: I'm not IT literate when it comes to coding-speak, so please, talk basic*Wink

:)

gkar, Jul 4, 2016

2. nvidia quadro fx880 drivers for @#$!! windows10

thanks,

actually win10 did another update and installed/accepted the nvidia drivers!

I HOPE WIN10 WILL NOT TAKE THE INITIATIVE AND MESS THE WHOLE THING

AGAIN WITH ANOTHER UPDATE.....I FEEL LIKE A MICE IN A LAB...

kostasbourmpakis, Jul 4, 2016
  3. JJHarmse Win User
    Missing drivers for in windows 10 on my lenovo y50

Yes Logan. Try this 352.84-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql in case you didn't get another one from NVidia's website

JJHarmse, Jul 4, 2016
  4. gkar Win User

OK. Back to basics, as a responder to one of the threads on this site recommended.

Removed all cards & reinstalled OS again: Same issue.

I had an old Asus 9500GT card in storage which I collected & installed. Appears the 8500GT card must have had a failure of some type, as the latest Nvidia drivers installed fine. Only issue I now have is the fan is too thick to allow my WiFi card to fit in the only PCI-E slot, on my micro mobo.

I will attempt to remove fan, fit better thermal paste & see if underclocking is an option.

gkar, Jul 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Another Nvidia/Win10 Nightmare (No Signal) - Similar Threads - Another Nvidia Win10

2. Nvidia Error & Win10 Crash when installing Nvidia Drivers...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nvidia Error & Win10 Crash when installing Nvidia Drivers...: Hey there everyone! I recently had an unexpected shutdown while playing, then I had to uninstall my gpu drivers. Afterwards, I wasn't able to download them back since I am getting a BSOD everytime halfway through the download... The blue screen displays the error: PAGE...
  3. WINDOWS NIGHTMARE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS NIGHTMARE: I installed a new gen 4 SSD and changed my motherboard, which began my worst day ever in the past decade. Windows is refusing to boot, stating that my PC can't start properly. The PC refuses to boot with the new NVME drive installed. It works fine when I take it out. I tried...
  4. OneDrive Nightmare

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Nightmare: It is a sad day in the world when the memoirs and articles one writes, on their personal computer, cannot even be saved privately on their very own personal computer. OneDrive makes it impossible to privately save your own documents in the way you see most fitting on your...
  5. Awful Win10 user interface makes Win10 management a nightmare

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Awful Win10 user interface makes Win10 management a nightmare: Recently a neighbor asked me to help him troubleshoot a printer problem on his Win10 Lenovo laptop, since I've used Windows for decades and am fairly computer-savvy. But his Win10 user interface was incomprehensible to me. On my Win10 Dell laptop, I have Windows configured...
  6. Nightmare

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightmare: My Settings is not working it opens blank, my Windows Update has disappeared and all my update history is gone. Any devices connected t my USB are not recognised. I rarely use my laptop but on opening yesterday, its been hell. I have no idea what else to do other than throw...
  7. Upgrading to Win10 has become a nightmare.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading to Win10 has become a nightmare.: I’m not sure if this is the right sub to post this on but here it goes. After really not wanting to upgrade my windows from 8.1 to 10 for the 4th time (because every time I did it I would get major issues) I thought this time would be different. Me just wanting to play the...
  8. NVCleanstall - Another NVIDIA driver cleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVCleanstall - Another NVIDIA driver cleaner: Thread at TechPowerUp Forums: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/nvcleanstall-clean-installer-for-nvidia-drivers-alpha.249085/ 121250
  9. No signal to monitor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX970

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No signal to monitor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX970: Hi all Purchased a new CyberPower Gaming Elite II PC 2 days ago and have since been unable to get a signal going from the NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 to my monitor. Granted it is an old monitor with a VGA connection and so have used the adapter that came with the computer to...
  10. Photos nightmare.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos nightmare.....: Hi folks ....have been successfully transferring pics from my camera(s) since days of '98....and now problems arise! TWINUI has now crept in as my pic viewer of choice. I managed to restore photo viewer (using these pages).....but believe that I now require Gallery...