Windows 10: Another security concern for KODI users - check repositories

Discus and support Another security concern for KODI users - check repositories in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; One of KODI extensions developer, MetalKettle, pointed out possible security risk, affecting any addon installed via repository. MetalKettle deleted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndreTen, Sep 15, 2017.

1. AndreTen Win User

Another security concern for KODI users - check repositories

One of KODI extensions developer, MetalKettle, pointed out possible security risk, affecting any addon installed via repository.

MetalKettle deleted his repository on Github and another user created new one with the same name. This is huge potential security risk, as new code could be served without user even knowing about it.

For now just remove MetalKettle repository if you have it installed, in future, it would be wise to track any installed repository change.

Read more at betanews.com | kodi-addon-repo-danger-metalkettle

:)

AndreTen, Sep 15, 2017
  2. 888jay Win User

How will I watch and record TV shows using Windows 10 without Media Center?

I admit, MediaPortal is a bit challenging to set up. But follow the link I provided and check out their user forums. Everyone there is very helpful and many have gone through the same struggles.

Another popular option is
    Kodi
    , formerly XBMC.

888jay, Sep 15, 2017
  3. John Sarc Win User
    typing a password when windows starts

Hi Luka,

To resolve your concern regarding user password, you can remove it, so it will not be asked when starting Windows. To do so, we found this

thread
    (see Deepak Kodi's response), it includes information on how to delete/remove user password. Other Community members found this helpful. Give it a try.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 15, 2017
Thema:

Another security concern for KODI users - check repositories

1. Another security concern for KODI users - check repositories - Similar Threads - Another security concern

2. Kodi Kodi freez. help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kodi Kodi freez. help!: Good morning, I use Shield TV with Kodi to watch documentaries I made in 4K and it has always worked well for me. I fed it even heavy stuff and it never made a Kodi move with the Shield TV. For a few days I have been feeding it 8bit HEVC files with a low bitrate, but Kodi...
  3. GB WhatsApp - Security Concern.

GB WhatsApp - Security Concern.: I'm concerned about the security aspects of using GB WhatsApp. Can someone clarify the privacy features and any potential risks associated with this application?* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Security Concern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Concern: Hello, I've discovered some serious security leaks on my devices and I need to make sure of a few things.I suspect my HDD got cloned and used on another machine, let's assume that my windows account and settings and edge data passwords of other accounts got leaked. Maybe my...
  5. Security Concern

Security Concern: Hello, I've discovered some serious security leaks on my devices and I need to make sure of a few things.I suspect my HDD got cloned and used on another machine, let's assume that my windows account and settings and edge data passwords of other accounts got leaked. Maybe my...
  6. Security Concern

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 10 Security concern.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Security concern.: Lost control of PC , second monitor screen went black and mouse control was lost i.e moving without any input from me. Disconnected from internet gained back control. Running diagnostics now. Checking regedit , found some unusual entries, hoping someone on here can check...
  8. Security Concerns

Security Concerns: A while ago when I uploaded a file to virustotal it was clean but when I uploaded the same file a month later it says 1 antivirus says its malicious Does that make it safe then?...
  9. BitLocker Security concerns

BitLocker Security concerns: I just stumbled into an issue and would like to ask if this is normal or not. My UEFI boot order is the Windows Boot Manager and then the Internal HDD, nothing else. Except when I insert the USB flash drive, that shows up in the Boot Sequence menu options among the last boot...
  10. Security concern and a bit confused

Security concern and a bit confused: I stumbled upon this Group policy setting that when I Disable the policy, the Admin Username will not be displayed in the UAC prompt when elevated from a Standard user account. Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation Meanwhile, I can select and see the Admin...