Windows 10: Another Weird Problem, Now Window Has Big Space Above it

Discus and support Another Weird Problem, Now Window Has Big Space Above it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; And I cant even show it, cause the screen shot how-to I wrote down wont even work now. Start on my empty desktop. Click one of my icons in the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ImLost, Aug 21, 2018.

1. ImLost Win User

Another Weird Problem, Now Window Has Big Space Above it

And I cant even show it, cause the screen shot how-to I wrote down wont even work now. Start on my empty desktop. Click one of my icons in the taskbar (w10), when it comes up, about 1/4 of screen is an empty gray area above the address bar. If I click another one, a small unreadable one appears in that area.

I'll bet this is another one of those "hardly ever heard of that before" kind of things.

:)

ImLost, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Senarium Win User

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    • Another Windows 7
    • Another HDD
    • Only HDD connected
    • Changed RAM
    • Tried with built in GPU
    • Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Aug 21, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Another Weird Problem, Now Window Has Big Space Above it

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Another Weird Problem, Now Window Has Big Space Above it

1. Another Weird Problem, Now Window Has Big Space Above it - Similar Threads - Another Weird Problem

2. Invisible space above taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible space above taskbar: I'm not exactly sure how this was caused. I installed the newest driver update for my intel Iris Xe graphics, but that couldn't be the problem because the second account on this laptop doesn't have this problem. My computer is a laptop....
  3. Invisible space above taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible space above taskbar: I'm not exactly sure how this was caused. I installed the newest driver update for my intel Iris Xe graphics, but that couldn't be the problem because the second account on this laptop doesn't have this problem. My computer is a laptop....
  4. Blank space above Thumbnail Windows 11.22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank space above Thumbnail Windows 11.22H2: Hi, As I have highlighted in the below images, there is a space over the Thumbnail on every files that ratio is wide-screen Such as Videos and images It is so annoying. When you change Thumbnail to ExtraLarge , there will be a lot of space in a row between every files in the...
  5. Blank space above Thumbnail Windows 11.22H2

Blank space above Thumbnail Windows 11.22H2: Hi, As I have highlighted in the below images, there is a space over the Thumbnail on every files that ratio is wide-screen Such as Videos and images It is so annoying. When you change Thumbnail to ExtraLarge , there will be a lot of space in a row between every files in the...
  6. Big problem with windows!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big problem with windows!: I am not the smartest when it comes to computer problems but I can't seem to fix this. First, my settings aren't showing certain options and when I search for the missing settings like personalization, the tab comes up in the search bar but when i click on it nothing happens....
  7. Big problem with windows!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Big problem with windows!: I am not the smartest when it comes to computer problems but I can't seem to fix this. First, my settings aren't showing certain options and when I search for the missing settings like personalization, the tab comes up in the search bar but when i click on it nothing happens....
  8. Second monitor has a weird resolution now

Second monitor has a weird resolution now: So i have a monitor which i've used with an older computer for quite a while. But today, i decided to use my monitor with my laptop. For some reason, when i use my monitor with my computer, it's recommended resolution is 1920x1080, which looks just fine.But when i use my...
  9. My WIFI connection has big problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My WIFI connection has big problem: Recently, my laptop connection has had a big problem. After starting it, I cannot use WiFi. In the following image the wifi setting disappears.However, in hardware and connection properties, I saw it property as below:I had tried to reset the network in Settings. It works but...
  10. windows 10 - everything is weirdly big

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 - everything is weirdly big: i used windows 10 for a while on pc and today decided to install it also on laptop but it behaves weirdly here. i donwloaded opera browser and thr tabs were huge and the look was weird, i opened paint and it was blurry (the fonts). what's the problem? please help! [img]...